Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Track gains for STS and Dyno.Times for Phamspeed???

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2005, 05:04 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1,749 Likes on 1,306 Posts

you're going to have issues with a BMR k member and possibly others,itd be best to email or call john/
Old 05-12-2005, 05:36 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Im with crispy and blackbird the fan setup with my old powerdyne setup was a 12" on the rad and 2 8" on the ac cond. and a 160 stat and in traffic for more than 5 or 10 min it would get hott.
Old 05-12-2005, 07:38 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

I was fine with my powerdyne and my dual FAL 12's built into their own shroud in the desert heat here in NM with A/C....BUT chris pippy and heath(blackbird) have it right...sit any longer than 10 minutes in traffic w/ the a/c blowing and the car will get 230+ in no time.....traffic rarely gets that bad here tho, and I ditched my A/C when I moved up to the ATI kit for the weight savings, and trying to get into the 10's Who needs A/C when you have T tops Key ingredients to making pushers work, set fans to come on at the lowest possible temp your tuning software will allow, low temp thermostat, water wetter, and wiring your fans to switch on at the same time and to be moving at high speed...not the low speed setting
You can really hear my fans when they kick on.....car stays nice and cool. Take it from us old school Powerdyne guys, I mentioned it in another post, cooling really takes a dive once you remove the stock fans.
J
Old 05-12-2005, 08:26 PM
TECH Resident

the phamspeed kits will now come with the exhaust all the way back to the cat back...

they kits are changing a little bit, but i am still looking at getting all of the hot parts from pham and then working the rest in as i please. i believe a new price for the hot parts with exhaust all the way back, and all gaskets and bolts, etc everything needed in stainless steel be about 2100 or so, i have heard...dont quote me on it though...

Louie
Old 05-13-2005, 10:49 AM
Turbo Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ok you guys got me worried now.
i actually had more problems with the car running hot with the stock fans and the TTi street kit while sitting in traffic... but i was also running an underdrive pulley. I have since removed that and am running about 3200-3400cfm worth of fans as pushers. I don't have any time on the car in the heat with my latest set-up (which includes the stock crank pulley).. but with the last set-up, underdrive pulley and the pushers, the car ran cool all the time while moving and only got to about 200 (160 stat) while sitting in traffic with the a/c on in 90+ temps.
I will agree on the sealing up of the rad to cond., i noticed a huge difference when i didn't have any type of rad shroud on there on the top side. If i have any problems this summer, i am going to seal up all of the way around as Chrispy mentioned.
Old 05-13-2005, 10:51 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by CAT3
PurEvil...I understand your now going with the Phamspeed setup, is it the budget, standard, twin if you dont mind? APE BS, yep..got it, luckily my engine should be delivered to my door within the next 3 hours from Mr FedEx.

Wiaiting to see the result of DZM (?sp)and Phamspeed, how it effects prices, lead time etc. Until then will be looking for good deals on Fans, Injectors, some -8 or -10 line for fuel line upgrade, and all the other ancillary items.

Charlie
I bought the phamspeed regular kit with a t88 for my 408 being built, I may get another sts for my gto though
Old 05-13-2005, 10:53 AM
TECH Senior Member

I will be moving my radiator and keeping the stock fans with the phamspeed. Everyone wait an see..i got some cool stuff being done by slowhawk as usual
Old 05-13-2005, 12:43 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I am jelouse
Old 05-14-2005, 04:52 AM
Restricted User

Mike, I am also looking at the Phamspeed with T88, and also want to slide the radiator forward, and keeping the stock fans, if anything, maybe add the EWP, and fab another airdam to fit one in front of the FMIC and one in front of the Radiator. Waiting for the new prices to be released and some more info...of course I will watch your posts on the results.

Quick Reply: Track gains for STS and Dyno.Times for Phamspeed???