Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Twin Turbo C5

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2005, 04:08 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Twin Turbo C5

So does anyone know of any twin turbo C5 kits out there?
I'm aware of the Lingenfelter kit but it seems a bit high at $23,000. Are there any turbo kits that compare in price to like a $7,000 Magnuson kit? STS is talking about a custom twin set up for about $8,500 installed and tuned. Twin T3/4s, intercooler, injectors ,pump, tuning, etc. What else is out there in that price range that includes tuning and install?

Thanks.
Old 05-12-2005, 04:27 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you want a proven DIYer kit that is reasonably priced look at the TTi Stage X. Under $10K and can make BIG numbers.

Mark
Old 05-12-2005, 04:33 PM
TECH Apprentice

Turbo tech makes a pretty robust kit now for the C5's.

The Stage X
http://www.turbotechnologyinc.com/co...er_systems.htm

I have seen a car run with the kit on it, pretty cool and transparant. When I seen it it trap over 137 mph I had to check it out. Based on a standard C5 weight it had to be making well over 700rwhp. Rumor has is that it was stock displacement and pump gas driver. Never did talk to the owner.

Dave
Old 05-12-2005, 04:48 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Here is our kit...its a DIY system as well. Feel free to give us a call.

Jose
Old 05-12-2005, 05:34 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by mdhmi
If you want a proven DIYer kit that is reasonably priced look at the TTi Stage X. Under $10K and can make BIG numbers.

Mark

TTi X I don't think this kit is very proven at all. There are about 5-8 kits being built and two or three that have been re-built. It is a new kit that has yet to run a consistant number or make it thru a complete season. If money is an issue get the TTi stage one and you will have a street turbo car that isn't that fast. If you have some cash sent your car to LPE and have a proven consistant turbo car. I am not bashing the TTi X but it is what it is, and proven it is NOT. Trying to save a little cash could cost you big cash later on think it thru before you decide.
Old 05-13-2005, 07:47 AM
TECH Apprentice

Thats Odd,

I was investigating going to a C5 and was looking at the kit late last year. I know I had seen several posts on multiple forums and there is atleast 20 of the X kits out there. I have not seen any posts about "rebuilds" only a couple of small fitment issues. It uses cast manifolds,bearing turbos,stainless hot parts and gates so I cant imagine any issues. Also it appears to me the core design is based on the Stage I kit that has been around for a long time that you concider proven. Can you point me to any real reliability issues? C5s are getting real cheap up here.

Dave
Old 05-13-2005, 08:27 AM
9 Second Club

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Yep we have a few of the TTi X kits up here and they are sweet.

The Burgundy Vette steps out and moves. Pump gas daily driver to and from the track. It's at home on the street, the highway or the track. It's just a fun car.

Rick
Old 05-13-2005, 08:39 AM
10 Second Club

go to the corvetteforum, lot of turbo guys over there and they can share their stories.
Old 05-13-2005, 03:02 PM
TECH Fanatic

There are many more than 7 or 8 Stage X kits in production. Keep in mind that not everyone with a turbo uses online car forums..

The State X was out last year. I personally know several people with the kit.. All of them are happy with it..

I know the guy with the Stage X that did the 137 MPH pass mentioned above. That is a 346 ci motor with very average 270 CFM flowing heads and a mild turbo cam. That was his first and only pass of the day (kicked out as he doesn't have a roll cage). That pass was also medium boost (13ish).. The Stage X will flow 18 #'s on a 346 ci!.

Regards,

Mark
Old 05-13-2005, 05:24 PM
IMD
Banned

try www.boostlogic.com
Old 05-14-2005, 10:28 AM

Originally Posted by disco
TTi X I don't think this kit is very proven at all. There are about 5-8 kits being built and two or three that have been re-built. It is a new kit that has yet to run a consistant number or make it thru a complete season. If money is an issue get the TTi stage one and you will have a street turbo car that isn't that fast. If you have some cash sent your car to LPE and have a proven consistant turbo car. I am not bashing the TTi X but it is what it is, and proven it is NOT. Trying to save a little cash could cost you big cash later on think it thru before you decide.
Have to recommend my PTK kit. I was the first one with it. I can safely report ZERO problems with it. Plus by design it should make more power than any kit available. I was getting irritated over on the CF forum. You have people making recommendations on Turbo kits, and they have never even owned one...they have merely went for a ride in somebody else's or have jumped on somebody's band wagon. I have owned 2 TT systems and one Supercharger system on the same car.

I was through making power before the Design was maxed out on my car. Granted we only made 740/725 at rear on what I have been told is the most conservative dyno being used by a Vette Tuner in California. The place that tuned my car last year had a Grand Opening, with Free Dyno time all day..probably about 30-50 cars hit the rollers that day. I quit running the dyno after 2 hours because it was getting old. Most people who dyno'd there cars were dissappointed because they had just dyno'd at a local shop down the street....about 20-30hp more on those other dynos. The main part to me about the dyno is getting ZERO KR and a GREAT AFR...the power should be a result of that.

So take it from a TT owner or other owners not a bunch of people with fluff information.
Old 05-14-2005, 10:46 PM
TECH Addict

I'd have to recommend the TTi StageX kit. I don't own a C5TT... so shame on me for even THINKING about commenting

Bill

Last edited by billreid1@cox.net; 05-14-2005 at 10:52 PM.
Old 05-15-2005, 12:55 PM
Teching In

We have heard allot about the STS Twin Turbo system for the C5.

That system is going to be AWESOME!!!

I can't wait to see one up close. I will be taking some pictures...
Old 05-15-2005, 04:48 PM
9 Second Club

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

No offense Shinobi, but people that "know" turbo cars don't pimp dyno numbers by saying they ran on the "most conservative dyno" around. It's like claiming more power from a Type-R sticker. That is "fluff" information by any standard.

A dyno is just a tuning tool and everyone all ready knows that different dynos will give you a different number under all the same conditions. Claiming to know what that difference might be on any given day would be pretty silly.

The PTK kit may turnout to be a good option for some and you may have a nice setup in your car now, but until it's got some track times and the MPH to back it up the dyno numbers, the sheet is still just a nice piece of paper.

I don't have to see the dyno sheets, or own a car with the TTi X kit to know how well they run. I've watched a few of them run at the track and on the street. I've lined up against them at the track. That's a good enough test for me to speak with adequate experience on the matter. I'll look forward to the opportunity to speak highly of the PTK kit once I see one in action too.

Rick
Old 05-15-2005, 10:41 PM
TECH Fanatic

To answer the original posters question.. About a turn-key TT for $8,500.. The answer is no.

You will need to add fuel upgrades (injectors, pump, etc) + drive line. I don't think you're going to be joining the TT club for under $15K. Sorry

Mark
Old 05-16-2005, 02:00 AM
TECH Senior Member

How much are these PTK kits goin for?
Old 05-16-2005, 09:29 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

The PTK system is $8699 complete.
Old 05-16-2005, 12:26 PM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by 2001-WS6
No offense Shinobi, but people that "know" turbo cars don't pimp dyno numbers by saying they ran on the "most conservative dyno" around. It's like claiming more power from a Type-R sticker. That is "fluff" information by any standard.

A dyno is just a tuning tool and everyone all ready knows that different dynos will give you a different number under all the same conditions. Claiming to know what that difference might be on any given day would be pretty silly.

The PTK kit may turnout to be a good option for some and you may have a nice setup in your car now, but until it's got some track times and the MPH to back it up the dyno numbers, the sheet is still just a nice piece of paper.

I don't have to see the dyno sheets, or own a car with the TTi X kit to know how well they run. I've watched a few of them run at the track and on the street. I've lined up against them at the track. That's a good enough test for me to speak with adequate experience on the matter. I'll look forward to the opportunity to speak highly of the PTK kit once I see one in action too.

Rick
some food for thought, what if you lined up with grandpa and he runs 15s with his 700 rwhp c5, that is really a good representation of power huh? a car should dyno the same corrected numbers also. I like number becuase that is potential, it takes out driver error, traction, suspension, you know you have the power, then you just gotta figure out how to get it to the ground
Old 05-16-2005, 12:43 PM
TECH Senior Member

When you say complete, its everythign shown above on his car, what about fuel wise? any upgrades?

What size turbos are on there?
Old 05-16-2005, 01:35 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

That is everything you see. The system does not include fuel upgrades. The base turbos are TE44's. They are good for 580hp each.

Jose

Quick Reply: Twin Turbo C5