Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Phamspeed Budget kit retail prices now up

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2005, 06:52 PM
NKAWTG...N

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by half-n-half
yup, and the 2100 hot side of the phamspeed kit that i was quted via email doesnt either...
We aren't discussing hot side parts, we are talking about the Budget Kit. An entire PTK kit (w/out turbo) is $4,800 (Here ) or $5,699 w/a turbo Here

The budget kit with a turbo is less than the PTK kit without a turbo. Granted for that your using stock manifolds, but thats really the only trade off I can see.

And for ***** and giggles the TTi street kit costs $4795.00 Here

The STS is really the only other option I left out.
Old 05-18-2005, 08:04 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1,746 Likes on 1,304 Posts

HAHAHA....i would just like to tell some people that they can kiss it!how long ago did i list my thread based on the budget kit and pricing and that people knew the price was going up.so glad i placed my order then.now i still highly recommend this kit,but your paying for the quality now where as b4 you got it for free.good luckl Phamspeed 2 thumbs up,its still worth the price IMO!
Old 05-18-2005, 08:27 PM
10 Second Club

heres the list i had broken down minus the parts not needed.... ie roller rocker,MAF,etc

Phamspeed budget kit no charge pipe WITH TurboXS BOV shipped=$2450
OBX FMIC (24X12X3) shipped=$245
all piping from Turbo to FMIC to TB with couplers and all=$400
exhaust piping, boost actived cutout, and ALL oil work done=$500(got a quote bitches )

SOOOO...thats $3595 intercooled.so whats that a difference of......almost a grand now....any doubters that i knew what i was talking about.just goes to show you how much of a gem this company is...especially when they first came out.

John you were the man when it first came out and you're still the man.this kits worth the money,and i think you'll prove it too,and that itll have more potential than the STS kit as well.if members on the forum are selling their sts kit and considering or have boughten your kit then you must be doing something right,keep it up!
Old 05-18-2005, 08:36 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

dang i wish i would have gotten in on that before for that price
Old 05-18-2005, 09:02 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by stoleit
We aren't discussing hot side parts, we are talking about the Budget Kit. An entire PTK kit (w/out turbo) is $4,800 (Here ) or $5,699 w/a turbo Here

The budget kit with a turbo is less than the PTK kit without a turbo. Granted for that your using stock manifolds, but thats really the only trade off I can see.

And for ***** and giggles the TTi street kit costs $4795.00 Here

The STS is really the only other option I left out.
i know i am not trying to get into a pissing match, i said this was an awesome deal and that i commend them on their great ability to build a product. i was only interested in the hot side, and i stated that, and you said that it didnt come with a turbo. i knew that...that is all.
Old 05-18-2005, 09:19 PM
TECH Addict

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Hey CAT3 (Charlie) why you being an azz towards me? I'm not allowed to share my thoughts? If you knew me and saw my car, maybe you would understand. So what if I have a few bucks, but I am willing to wait for the right kit if I really do go that route. I probably worked on more LS1's than you have. I'm on my 4th cam in my car, 2 set of headers, helped other work on their LS1s and tuned close to 40+ other LS1 cars. I ordered my car 5 years ago and I do all my own work on it. I plan on keeping my car for a very long time. With you bitching like that, you sound like the typical Mopar owner that comes to Columbus, OH for the Mopar Nats every August...

I'm not the type of person to jump onto the bandwagon when a new product comes out. I have a lot of patience and I can wait for a good product.

By giving Phamspeed some feedback about what people would want, that can only help his business and sell even more of the kits, but no, I open my mouth and say what I would like in a turbo kit and I'm considered an azz? Come on....

So much for trying...........
Old 05-18-2005, 09:41 PM
kp
8 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Billiumss I understand what you were saying, I also agree there is no reason for any name calling for stating your opinion so lets all lighten up a little.

As far as turbos go, except maybe the TTi street kit and the Incons most are 'kits' not 'complete systems.' I was just stating that I wouldnt get worked up over fans, I realize that some people when they lay out 4500.00 they expect a complete kit from one end to the other, if thats how a lot of potential buyers feel then they wont sell many and thats how it goes
Old 05-18-2005, 10:07 PM
10 Second Club

it sounds like people need to do their homework b4 they wake up1 morning and say"oh i think ill buy a turbo kit today"
Old 05-18-2005, 11:19 PM
TECH Apprentice

Any idea on when we can order these? i went to GZM home page, but the online store isn't up yet.
Old 05-18-2005, 11:22 PM
On The Tree

Give Phamspeed a break!!!! All of these crybabies about a price increase, who stepped up to the plate to order the Phamspeed kits when they were cheaper? 8 to 10 who were wise at the time. And now all of these little crybabies come out of the woods about a price increase. All of them can't put there money where their mouth is! Not back then and not now! If you are going to cry then be a man and keep it to yourself! All of these babies want John to hold there hand and wipe there asses too. If you like the kit then sent john a pm and if you don't like it then shut up and go on with your day.

Last edited by RicksWS6; 05-18-2005 at 11:28 PM.
Old 05-18-2005, 11:33 PM
TECH Apprentice

OK OK OK Shoulda, woulda, coulda. I'm gonna jump on the "Shut the hell up" band wagon. I am a little disgruntled about the increase in price, but I can deal. I'm gonna PM John and see when I can order.
Old 05-18-2005, 11:37 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by frcefed98

Find me a set of heads that will produce more power than this turbo kit will PERIOD. Stop kidding yourselves.

J
You misunderstood me, when I said "from 2500 to 4500, thats a set of heads" I meant that when you do a turbo setup, eventually you want to get a good set of heads....2K will cover that cost....in no way shape or form was I comparing a turbo setup vs heads.....thats just insane

Last edited by 2002 Trans Am; 05-18-2005 at 11:49 PM.
Old 05-18-2005, 11:39 PM
On The Tree

Hey Deamon2002, ! "Shoulda, woulda, coulda" That sums it all up!!!!
Old 05-18-2005, 11:42 PM
NKAWTG...N

Originally Posted by half-n-half
i know i am not trying to get into a pissing match, i said this was an awesome deal and that i commend them on their great ability to build a product. i was only interested in the hot side, and i stated that, and you said that it didnt come with a turbo. i knew that...that is all.
Ah gotcha sorry about the missunderstanding.
Old 05-18-2005, 11:45 PM
On The Tree

I wish everybody could just come to reality and put themselves in John (Phamspeed) shoes, He tries to come out with a VERY CHEAP kit and not many people bit on it and he lost money. So he comes out with a complete kit that ties into your catback ehaust, so not much fabricating at all and soo many people complain about it either way! How much more can he do?
Old 05-18-2005, 11:46 PM
TECH Apprentice

I'm still a bit curious what the piping is made of or if it is coated, anybody talked to John about this?

Say RickWS6, what Phamspeed kit did you get?
Old 05-19-2005, 12:25 AM
TECH Addict

why not offer two kits? one complete and one like before?
Old 05-19-2005, 12:49 AM
Restricted User

Originally Posted by Billiumss
Hey CAT3 (Charlie) why you being an azz towards me? I'm not allowed to share my thoughts? If you knew me and saw my car, maybe you would understand. So what if I have a few bucks, but I am willing to wait for the right kit if I really do go that route. I probably worked on more LS1's than you have. I'm on my 4th cam in my car, 2 set of headers, helped other work on their LS1s and tuned close to 40+ other LS1 cars. I ordered my car 5 years ago and I do all my own work on it. I plan on keeping my car for a very long time. With you bitching like that, you sound like the typical Mopar owner that comes to Columbus, OH for the Mopar Nats every August...

I'm not the type of person to jump onto the bandwagon when a new product comes out. I have a lot of patience and I can wait for a good product.

By giving Phamspeed some feedback about what people would want, that can only help his business and sell even more of the kits, but no, I open my mouth and say what I would like in a turbo kit and I'm considered an azz? Come on....

So much for trying...........

Billium, Sorry for being so crass, but you basically posted the same questions each time John has posted about the kit, when it fist came out, you asked, got answers, then asked again. You also did this with the Magnuson Kit thread and probably every other thread concerning FI Kits. Again, I do understand your end desire, but damn man give it a rest. If John wanted to put together a "KIT" that had absolutley everything needed, plug n play and required nothing else and no fabrication...can you fathom the price of it? You may have the money for stuff like that, but not everyone does, and some ppl that do have the money still like the idea of fabricating pipes and fans etc. gives a deeper sense of accomplishment. Honestly I am not going to bicker with on who turns more LSx wrneches or what not, has nothing to do with the topic. Point is, your questions were answered time and time again, on several different threads concerning FI. If my son asks more than once I get just as irritated, good thing he's only 5! Again, you got the money, go to a shop like Redline Motorsports, they will build, install and tune everything, you drive in, drop off, and pick up when its complete, as well, theres Speed Inc and several others I can think of. So there is no need for redundant questions. Have a good night and good luck finding your FI COMPLETE KIT IN A BOX, might want to start looking for the needle a haystack.

Charlie
Old 05-19-2005, 01:08 AM
Launching!

We talked it over guys and like I told you before the prices are not carved in stone. We do realize the price increase has made quite a few people upset, but that's only because how low our price was before. If we were a brand new company that came on and said hey, a complete kit with fmic for $3850, people would not think anything of it and would still be an awesome deal.

This is what we're going to do. As an introduction, we're going to be taking off $500 per kit. That's $3350 for the kit w/o intercooler, and $4000 for the kit w/ fmic. This is an introductory price so people, please put a down payment and get locked into this price.

BTW, intercooler core size is 24x8x3 (bar and plate) which will support over 800hp

To place an order call 503-256-FAST
Old 05-19-2005, 01:12 AM
TECH Apprentice

ROCK ON! I'm definetly getting one. Curious though, how does the tune come to us?

Quick Reply: Phamspeed Budget kit retail prices now up