Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

My 24 hour Pham single install.

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2005, 08:43 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Tried to warn you about the wires, but you said that you'd put heatshield around em. MSD LS1 plug wires with the multi directional boots, they are a must especially on the driver side.

ALWAYS RUN NGK TR6's on a FI application. .032-.035 gap. No stock plugs.

I know its hard, but keep your foot out of it until its tuned or you'll be posting pics of busted pistons like a lot of folks before you.
J
Old 05-25-2005, 10:10 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It is tuned. It is good on the AF. It just wasent runing 100% cause of the wires adn plugs. I do have header wrap on teh wires that are touching hte headers. The problem was the stock wires. So I shoudl be in good shape. Thanks

John
Old 05-26-2005, 12:50 AM
Restricted User

Ughhh I cant wait for this Dyno session to be over with and or some track numbers. I have speculation but will be waiting.
Old 05-26-2005, 02:05 AM
TECH Fanatic

What ya mean ya are speculating? You thinkin i still need to do springs or are you saying ya dont htink the kit will make power? As soon as it stops rainin here in CT I am gonna take it out and take it all the way up to redline a couple times. I wanna see if it is still doing that fallin on its face at 5k. If i can avoid having to pay a couple hundred dollars and put it off till i doa froged setup then i would be happy. It seems liek a whole new car even to the day before when it have the stock wires and champion plugs. Now i have half champion and half NGK and the scan tool says no misfires so im hopin that im all set to hit the rollers. Even if we can get it to the point where i can make more PSI and power under 5k so that i can avoid valve lift for a little bit till I aitn hurtin for cash woudl be great. Thanks

John
Old 05-26-2005, 02:08 AM
Restricted User

John, I am in now way doubting the kit, or the car. Just want someone to post up some numbers, track preferred, but dyno will do. So much has been ragged on with this kit, will be nice to see someone post up some stats.
Old 05-26-2005, 02:12 AM
TECH Fanatic

Well i am hopin they can get me in early next week. They are booked for hte rest of the week this week which blows. I had the damn plugs and wires overnighted for 47 bucks so that i could hit the rollers wednesday adn then when i get there they say ohhhh, sorry we are booked for the rest of the week..... Would have been nice to tell me this before i overnighted then ****. OH well. It is definatly alot faster with teh new wires and plugs but how much more power has yet to be seen. Thanks

John
Old 05-26-2005, 10:34 PM
TECH Fanatic

Well got a update. Not a good one but a update none the less. The drivers side valve train has a loud tick that has been gettin progressivley louder all day. So it looks liek springs and pushrods are now offically in the mix. Never ends. Im thinkn that i have a bent pushrod. Gonna try to figure it out tomorrow morn before the surgery. If not then ill jsut be havin to do it next week with 1 arm and some friends lol. Prolly gonna order a rocker also incase it is a fucked up rocker. Any ideas as to what ya think are welcome. Telling me that i should have taken it easy not included. lol thanks

John
Old 05-26-2005, 10:58 PM
Restricted User

Is it an M6? If so, likely the pussrod bent. Springs shouldnt get any louder, unless some broke but being single springs you'd already stopped your engine to know. Ok, lifters? Could be bleeding out too quick. Rockers shouldnt need anything other then a good inspection, and bolting back on.
Old 05-26-2005, 10:59 PM
TECH Apprentice

Build it stout, these are some key components you are replacing and it is widely know the weak spot on LS1s are the push rods. Try checking out the GPs, there might be something, or hell start one up.
Old 05-27-2005, 05:17 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 99SS-T
Well got a update. Not a good one but a update none the less. The drivers side valve train has a loud tick that has been gettin progressivley louder all day. So it looks liek springs and pushrods are now offically in the mix. Never ends. Im thinkn that i have a bent pushrod. Gonna try to figure it out tomorrow morn before the surgery. If not then ill jsut be havin to do it next week with 1 arm and some friends lol. Prolly gonna order a rocker also incase it is a fucked up rocker. Any ideas as to what ya think are welcome. Telling me that i should have taken it easy not included. lol thanks

John
let us know what it is? Did you miss a shift or something?
Old 05-27-2005, 09:22 AM
TECH Fanatic

I didnt mis a shift but it did hit the rev limiter pretty hard a couple time when i was accelerating and and it woudl start to spin. That is the only thing that I can think of. Thanks

John
Old 05-29-2005, 10:31 PM
Staging Lane

John-

My car is going in for a Cam this week @ ESP. I hope you get your problems figured out, maybe I'll get a peek at your kit while I'm checking in on my cars "surgery" Would love to hear a turbo LS1, I love V8's and I love spooling turbos
Old 05-30-2005, 08:28 AM
TECH Fanatic

whats the word? valve spring or broking ringland?
Old 05-30-2005, 04:43 PM
TECH Fanatic

I dunno yet. I am gonna take it apart the day the springs and pushrods come. I dont see how i would have messed up the ring land when i am making less then 450 hp. That and it is definatly a ticking. Only plausable thing that i can think of is a screwed up pushrod. Figures i pick a 3 day weekend to oirder the parts on so that i have to wait another day. Ill be taking the drivers headers off ttoday to change the drivers side plugs and wrap some header wrap on the top of the headers to keep from messing up the wires. Thanks.

John
Old 06-03-2005, 10:28 PM
TECH Fanatic

Well i took it apart and 3 push rods were bent. 2 werent to bad the last one was bent about a inch. It was bad. Changed them to hardened ones and changed the springs and it is a ton better. Pulls all the way to red line real hard. Finally finished and ready to hit the dyno with no issues. Thanks.

John
Old 06-04-2005, 08:02 AM
TECH Fanatic

well thats good news.. I thought you busted up a piston for sure.
Old 06-04-2005, 10:16 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yeah that is good news..... whens the dyno day???
Kyle
Old 06-10-2005, 05:09 PM
TECH Fanatic

Well it is alive. Got it tuned on thursday for the final time till more mods. Got shitty hp cause it was 95* and i dont have meth yet. Only made 385 on 6 psi. 2 weeks earlier i made 415 at 6 psi with 3 cylinders screwin up bad nad 3 intake pushrods messed up in 60* weather. So obviously the heat sux.
Took it out last night at 10 psi and raced a couple peeps. Raced a blown 02 GT. He claimed to dyno at 400 hp and when we raced it was like he was standing still. Definatly good for a laugh. Next mod is meth. Hope to have it soon. Thanks

John
Old 06-10-2005, 06:44 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Did you tune it for 10 psi also????? Just wondering since you only posted up dyno numbers for 6 psi.......
Kyle
Old 06-10-2005, 11:48 PM
TECH Fanatic

we didnt tune it at 10 psi he did it at 6 and said that with the tune that he did it is good to 10 psi. Had very little advance. He wasent able to do anything to xtreame with the heat so he made it a little fat and retarded, lol, and it is runnin great. when i get a nice cool night, or meth, im gonna go back and see what it is runnin and do some more tuning. thanks

John

Quick Reply: My 24 hour Pham single install.