Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

My 24 hour Pham single install.

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2005, 01:53 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default My 24 hour Pham single install.

I got the my Phamspeed single non budjet kit today at noon. BIG box. Got all teh stuff to my buds garage about a half hour after then. We tore my headers adn y pipe off and got started on the install. Bout 11 hours later we called it quits for the day and have very little left to do. Gotta drill teh oil drain line into the pan, hook up the IC pipes, drop the injectors in and relocate the altenator. My silicone connectors will be here a little later this mornin. So by noon i should be done and heading to the dyno later around 5pm. So in about 24 hours I went from mac headers/y pipe to Phamspeed single kit FMIC inline fuel pump injectors and running! The kit looks awesome. Huge turbo. Huge FMIC. Amazing welds. And after EVERYTHING i got to complete this project ill have spent 1500 less then most other kits to be half as complete. Id like to thank John for all his help and a GREAT product. I think he'll be gettin a few more orders from all my buds that are ohhing and ahhing over this kit. Im getting my bud to post some of the install pics of it all when he gets a chance.

John
Old 05-19-2005, 02:13 AM
TECH Fanatic

Sounds great. Gotta love a thrash. Get those pics posted up soon. Which turbo did you go with? What's the rest of the details on your set-up?
Old 05-19-2005, 02:17 AM
Restricted User

Yes Details please. And pics, cant wait. Love them install parties also. Want to do mine the same way, except maybe a little quicker since my buddy and I work on hyperdrive for **** like this. Will be nice to see the dyno, finally can post up a Pham Kit dyno.
Old 05-19-2005, 02:24 AM
TECH Fanatic

The Turbo i put on is a T76s. It is a big boy. The engine is entirely stock. I have a moser 12 bolt BMR boxed LCA's adjustable panhard rod and weld in torque arm. I got a twin 12" pusher fan that blows REAL hard. Got rid of AC so got alot more breathing room in the nose. Better to get alot more air flowing around that turbo and the IC. I have 42# injectors and a inline 255 fuel pump. and a spec stage 4 clutch. I dont think ill be makeing mroe then 500 tomorrow when it hits the dyno. With the fuel limitation and the stock engine. When i get a couple mroe bucks im gonan get the forged rods and pistons and the 1300 dollar fuel system that seems to be the norm. I cant wait but i am disappointed that i am limited to 500 ATM. I was hoping to make 600ish but fuel put a stop to that. I could care lesa bout breaking the engine as it will jsut make me ahve to ge t it forged sooner which will bring the BIG numbers around. I will be hitting up Eastside tomorrow night to get it all tuned and make some noise. Cant wait. My bud is gonan get those pics up tomorrow morn i hope. Thanks

John

PS the install is not a dificult one. When i said 24 hour i ment aht it wasent even in my hands 24 hours before it was totally installed. didnt wait a single minute. There was a large amount of messing around and pic takin with the install. Thanks.

Last edited by 99SS-T; 05-19-2005 at 02:26 AM. Reason: opps
Old 05-19-2005, 04:42 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Myself and three of my friends are making 600-700rwhp with 60# Mototrons and a hotwired in-tank Walbro 340; stock fuel rails and lines.
Speed Inc. has their fuel rails on sale for $130 right now in the group purchase forum.
Old 05-19-2005, 05:09 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

Congrats on the install. Keep us posted with updates and pics.
Old 05-19-2005, 06:08 AM
NKAWTG...N

wow amazing! cant wait to see the pics.
Old 05-19-2005, 09:28 AM
On The Tree

congrats on the install sounds like it will be awsome are you getting it tuned at eastside in ct?do you live in ct I live in ct also.I would love to see your car somtime also you should have no problem making 500 goodluck.
Old 05-19-2005, 09:30 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts

NIce!
Old 05-19-2005, 09:59 AM
TECH Senior Member

I'd at least get a pump in it man

Congrats on the fast install! Post pics!
Old 05-19-2005, 10:25 AM
TECH Fanatic

About the fuel.....that is a touchy subject. I talked to John at ls1speed and he gave me the impression that doingg a 255 inline or intank is the only option short of a race fuel system. I dont have 1300 sittin around to get that so taht is a no go. I asked about doing other methods like duel intanks and he said that ya are limited by the fuel lines adn that it wouldnt get me much more fuel to teh engine. So i was forced to scrap the 600+ hp plans till i get the money. If yall think I can do something else to make more fuel with out spending a ton then Im all for it. I aint worried about the engine. I am gonna get it all forged when I break it, I just hope to be able to get some fuin out of it fore it does. Are you and ya buds making 6-700 on stock engines? IF so how long ya had all that power adn do you drive it like ya stole it or just putz around and once in a while get on it. I am wondering the stability of the stock bottom end if ya aint in it all the time but i ahve a bad habit of showing off at and and all times. I have no aftermarket parts for power besides the turbo and some DIY porting of the MAF and TB.

I am waiting on the silicone connectors now. I paid to get 2 day shipping and unless ATP uses DHL or USPS then im thinkin that the connectors aint comin today. UPS was already here today bringin me parts and FEDEX usually comes around 9 am and it is 11:20 atm. I sure hope they get me my couplers. OH well. I hate that they are in cali adn open at 10 in cali time which is 1 here so that makes it pretty annoying having to wait till then to see WTF.

Ok guys thanks for the input ill cya yall.

John
Old 05-19-2005, 12:20 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by 99SS-T
About the fuel.....that is a touchy subject. I talked to John at ls1speed and he gave me the impression that doingg a 255 inline or intank is the only option short of a race fuel system. I dont have 1300 sittin around to get that so taht is a no go. I asked about doing other methods like duel intanks and he said that ya are limited by the fuel lines adn that it wouldnt get me much more fuel to teh engine. So i was forced to scrap the 600+ hp plans till i get the money. If yall think I can do something else to make more fuel with out spending a ton then Im all for it. I aint worried about the engine. I am gonna get it all forged when I break it, I just hope to be able to get some fuin out of it fore it does. Are you and ya buds making 6-700 on stock engines? IF so how long ya had all that power adn do you drive it like ya stole it or just putz around and once in a while get on it. I am wondering the stability of the stock bottom end if ya aint in it all the time but i ahve a bad habit of showing off at and and all times. I have no aftermarket parts for power besides the turbo and some DIY porting of the MAF and TB.

I am waiting on the silicone connectors now. I paid to get 2 day shipping and unless ATP uses DHL or USPS then im thinkin that the connectors aint comin today. UPS was already here today bringin me parts and FEDEX usually comes around 9 am and it is 11:20 atm. I sure hope they get me my couplers. OH well. I hate that they are in cali adn open at 10 in cali time which is 1 here so that makes it pretty annoying having to wait till then to see WTF.

Ok guys thanks for the input ill cya yall.

John
Intank 255, BAP and 60's should get you to atleast 650rwhp.
Old 05-19-2005, 01:11 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ya I think your getting worked over by whomever is saying you have to stop at 500 and buy a $1300 fuel system.
Old 05-19-2005, 01:12 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1,742 Likes on 1,301 Posts

with a pump regulator and injectors its at least 600rwhp
and give us a buncha pics!
Old 05-19-2005, 01:17 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

pics!
Old 05-19-2005, 01:47 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Blackbird
ya I think your getting worked over by whomever is saying you have to stop at 500 and buy a $1300 fuel system.
It all depends on how you want to set it up and plumb it together. It really would not work to throw an inline Bosch 420 pump into a stock system and try to make accommodations for it.... it would be to the point where running the braided lines and converting over to a return style system would almost be easier.

Now there are more than one way to do things and its hard to say exactly what you will be able to get away with. You could have two 255 intake pumps with a y-block and a boost sensing switch to activate the secondary pump.

That scenario would probably be the one that is cost efficient, holds fuel pressure, and retains most of the stock system.
Old 05-19-2005, 05:56 PM
Restricted User

Originally Posted by Speed Inc Webmaster
It all depends on how you want to set it up and plumb it together. It really would not work to throw an inline Bosch 420 pump into a stock system and try to make accommodations for it.... it would be to the point where running the braided lines and converting over to a return style system would almost be easier.

Now there are more than one way to do things and its hard to say exactly what you will be able to get away with. You could have two 255 intake pumps with a y-block and a boost sensing switch to activate the secondary pump.

That scenario would probably be the one that is cost efficient, holds fuel pressure, and retains most of the stock system.

After much research, thats precisely how I am doing mine.
Old 05-19-2005, 06:21 PM
TECH Addict

thtas what i am doing with my fuel system, 255's intank with -8 running up the car stock feed return down

hope forcefed, doesnt see this thread lol
Old 05-19-2005, 07:56 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Saw it No biggie, I'm slow but my kit looks damn good

I had my headers and the majority of the kit installed in a day after I cut the K member. It was the hacking of the k member and bad luck with the weather that put the process on ice for me, finding and ordering the goofy flange for the GT42 that also had to be tig'ed to another piece of aluminum tube, me coating all my parts, fabbing up my FMIC bracket since I no longer had a bumper support to mount one to, fabbing up all my own IC pipes and waiting for stuff to show up, like HTS stuff and T bolts and more t bolts. Dropping the pan also proved to be a bitch, after drilling and tapping the oil drain hole, and seeing how much aluminum gets into the pan WITH GREASED UP DRILL BITS, i'll never rec tapping the pan on the car. With the fact that i've had my kit on and off the car about 10 times...but I already stated that it was a breeze to install all the hot parts and turbo, I went from mac's to turbo in about the same time.

Plug wires also don't fit, had the 10.5mm taylors due to the straight plug boots resting on the header tubes they got thrown, went with your MSD's with 90 deg boots and they got hung up on the thick flanges and barely engaged the plug ends, now the MSD multi directional boots are on the way next day air. Alternator bracket was a waste of time and money..fixing that with local help. Plus I was on cash only budget...stayed away from my credit cards this time, so a day or two was wasted on waiting for funds.

I'd just like to see pics of his alt. bracket, oil drain line routing with the straight oil drain that pham sends with..unless they changed it...wonder why? And pics of the plug wires fitting as mine didn't but they weren't stock either But hey I'm almost there

ATP ships stuff out UPS, at least they did for me, the both times I ordered from em.

Good luck on the dyno
Old 05-19-2005, 11:12 PM
TECH Fanatic

Well im 99% finished. I am about as pissed as it gets. I got a relay for the fuel pump and there is no directions as to where the 5 wires go. I, of coarse, did the pump last and everyone was closed to help me out. So i cant dirve the car till i figure out where the **** they go to. I called summit cause I have a relay that is almost identical to the one that came with the pump that i got from summit with the fans. They were of no use. So if anyone has any idea where the 5 wires go I would be really happy. There is a red a black a blue a white and a yellow. The numbers are 30 85 86 87 87a. That is not the same order as the colors of the wires so dont cross reference them. I forget the corosponding colors/numbers.
All the pipes are connected silicone connectors and all. I drilled my drain for the oil into the front of the oil pan near the corner on the passanger side of the front of the pan. Seeing as the hose would have to go over the crossmember to get any lower on the pan, the lowest part of the hose is basically gonna be as high as it is now so there is no benefit to going lower IMHO. I didnt use grease on the drill but i did use it on the tap and then I took a wire and put grease on it and dapped around about a 100 times inside the pan and got a TON of shavings. I was amazed when Isaw how much was in there. I am pretty confident that i got all that was in there BUT I am gonna dump another quart of oil in adn then change the oil in hopes that any smaller particles that where in there will go to the bottom with the oil and drain out.

I have 2 spark plugs on the drivers side that do touch the headers. To combat this i just put header wrap over the small section. Ya ya i know is the cheap way out but i dont feel like runnin around trying to figure out another method to make it work.

The only cutting that i did to that car was to make the FMIC fit in the bumper, and i had to cut a little piece of the bar that goes under the transmission in the back cause my exhaust was hitting it. John made ALL the pipes for the kit and it would have fit had i not had the torque arm that has the bar welded in from side to side. Other wise it was all straight forward.

Im trying to get my bud to put the damn pics up so that i can show yall but he aint got a chace to do it yet. Hope to have them up tonight. Thanks all

John

PS What is a BAP?

Last edited by 99SS-T; 05-19-2005 at 11:28 PM. Reason: opps

Quick Reply: My 24 hour Pham single install.