Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Stenod Performance Twin 60 build-up...Update!

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2005, 08:09 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

Very nice setup.
Old 05-24-2005, 08:32 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That looks killer!! I was woundering did you do anything to the bottom radiator support? I have done the exact same thing with the same radiator, but mine doesnt sit that low. And it would be perfect if it would sit like yours. Once again looks awsome.
Old 05-24-2005, 08:39 AM
Outlaw 10.5 Director

Originally Posted by DERTY
We have TH400's, glides and things that require clutches laying around the shop. We can make one of them fit if we want to open up a can of whoop ***. Of course if Kevin can throw down anything better than a 10.doh on the six speed that would be awesome. Harlan wouldn't hear the end of it.

You da man!

Tom
Old 05-24-2005, 09:21 AM
TECH Fanatic

Do you guys have any better pictures of the drivers side manifold?

Reason I ask is my friend is setting up a 6.0L in a 93z and he has the pro fab tubular k-member and the 5.3L manifold would not bolt up to his. There was a motor mount bar or something in the way.

And you guys lowered the engine and it seemed to work. I notice its an AJE k-member though.

Pics look great! Keep up the good work
Old 05-24-2005, 10:19 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

thanks for answering that question. i'm with the other guy wondering how much you lowered it by as well! think it'd fit under a stock Z28 hood? (with the under braces removed)
Old 05-24-2005, 02:46 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

another vote, how much was it lowered? i want to run the same elbow and tb setup and i need to know how much to adjust so it will clear under a stock hood. thanks!
Old 05-24-2005, 08:13 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by smokinHawk
about how much did you lower the engine? what about oil pan clearance, how is that?
did you have to do anything to the transmount as well?
looks good!
It is hard to say since we don't have the factory k-member in the car. There isn't any cars here for me to take a reference point off of. All the cars here that have a factory k-member, all have factory style intakes and are complete cars. I can't think of anywhere I could take a measurement from off of one of them and reference to my car. My guess is a little more than an inch. We lowered it until there was about a 1/4" between the oil pan and the mount for the rack. We didn't touch the trans mount.

That looks killer!! I was woundering did you do anything to the bottom radiator support? I have done the exact same thing with the same radiator, but mine doesnt sit that low. And it would be perfect if it would sit like yours. Once again looks awsome.
We cut the top section of the lower radiator support out, the piece that is more angled. Thanks for the compliments!! Here is a picture of the lower radiator support

Do you guys have any better pictures of the drivers side manifold?

Reason I ask is my friend is setting up a 6.0L in a 93z and he has the pro fab tubular k-member and the 5.3L manifold would not bolt up to his. There was a motor mount bar or something in the way.

And you guys lowered the engine and it seemed to work. I notice its an AJE k-member though.

Pics look great! Keep up the good work
I can't get any good pics with everything in the car. Was it the motor mount that was inthe way or the k-member? We made motor mounts, so that helps too.

It will be close to try to fit the combo under any hood other than a cowl. It is almost impossible to be able to know if it would fit without actually doing it. We lowered it as much as possible but I think most of the clearance was from using the Precision elbow over the Wilson elbow.
Old 05-24-2005, 09:47 PM
TECH Fanatic

Love the cage. Very clean work. Good luck getting it all knocked out.
Old 05-25-2005, 05:38 AM
TECH Senior Member

Ill have to measure and see how much clearance is between my oil pan and kmember bar. I have the BMR type though.
ill have to check out that precision elbow.
id love to have that intake, but im somewhat limited on if i can lower my k-member because i need that room for my fat downpipe & i realy dont want a big cowl hood.

one way to check the lowering on a stock car would be to measure the distance from the valley cover to the cowl. that shouldnt be to hard.
Old 05-25-2005, 09:34 AM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 1,142 Likes on 742 Posts

It's just about impossible to guess, based on the pictures, how much you lowered the engine, since you are not using a stock maniofold or valve covers. I think a quick way to measure would be to measure from something like the lifter valley or the timing cover... Something easy.

I think it's more than an inch, i was thinking 2.0-2.5 but at least two.

Setup looks really sharp.
Old 05-25-2005, 09:55 AM
TECH Veteran

there's not enough room to drop that much with the steering rack in the stock location.

Even with my drysump pan (shallower in the area about the k-member/rack) I couldn't go much lower than 1.5"
Old 05-25-2005, 10:26 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 1BADWS6
I can't get any good pics with everything in the car. Was it the motor mount that was inthe way or the k-member? We made motor mounts, so that helps too.
I showed him this thread and he said that it was the steering shaft getting in the way and pointed out you guys may run into the same condition. Sounds like moving the rack may improve that though.
:shrug:

I wish I could see his car with my own eyes. he lives in missouri and im in indiana. lol
Old 05-25-2005, 10:48 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Your car has more clearance than most because you don't have any fuel rails!

Kurt
Originally Posted by y2khawk
there's not enough room to drop that much with the steering rack in the stock location.

Even with my drysump pan (shallower in the area about the k-member/rack) I couldn't go much lower than 1.5"
Old 05-25-2005, 12:25 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

could measure from the base of the head under that front cowl part up to the metal part of the cowl, and then do the same on a stock vehicle? oh well, either way looks awesome!
Old 05-25-2005, 01:11 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by 427
Your car has more clearance than most because you don't have any fuel rails!
I got alot of clearance without an engine right now
Old 05-25-2005, 01:41 PM
Launching!

If you wouldn't sleep when your at the shop, maybe the car would have an engine, or maybe the GN would be done But that's just a guess. WAKE UP from now on! Get your car done and go run mid 8's or bottom 8's!!! Damn you! your not waiting for any parts, build that ****** allready or i'll start posting pictures!

"Doc"
Old 05-25-2005, 01:43 PM
TECH Veteran

Shouldn't you be building something instead of playing on the interweb??
Old 05-25-2005, 02:00 PM
TECH Apprentice

Well now thats just toooooo cool!! I was going to cut out the intire lower radiator support and make my own. But now I see that that will work perfectly. Thanks alot man, you just saved me a whole bunch of work and frustration!!!
Old 05-29-2005, 07:28 PM
TECH Fanatic

Any more pics fo the hotside? I'm wanting to see how you made the intermediate pipes between the manifolds and the turbos. Also, any more pics of the downpipes?

Quick Reply: Stenod Performance Twin 60 build-up...Update!