Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Progress on turbo kit....

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2005 | 12:58 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by RealQuick
Thanks. Its my first time making a kit. When all is said and done i am sure there were different things here and there that could have been done to make it more efficient, but I can say "I made the kit". I can take pride in that. Since I fixed the gas regulation issue the weld have gotten cleaner. Some looked pretty gross before. I am a first time welder by the way
In all honestly your welds aren't that bad for a first time'r. They look pretty decent, as long as the penetration is there they are fine. Looks like a decent DIY turbo system, GL
Old 09-08-2005 | 01:13 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by JnJSpdShop
In all honestly your welds aren't that bad for a first time'r. They look pretty decent, as long as the penetration is there they are fine. Looks like a decent DIY turbo system, GL
Thanks for the words. I actually have gotten beter since then. Its amazing how much better you get when you get the gas and speed settings right. I actually am going to be rerouting so I can mount the turbo to the chassis and use a couple flex sections.
Old 09-15-2005 | 02:02 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by RealQuick
Thanks for the words. I actually have gotten beter since then. Its amazing how much better you get when you get the gas and speed settings right. I actually am going to be rerouting so I can mount the turbo to the chassis and use a couple flex sections.
Yeah pretty much MIG welding is all about setting up the machine correctly after that just about anyone can do it if you have some practice
Old 09-16-2005 | 12:42 AM
TECH Addict

the only thing that sucks is that just when your welds are gettin near perfect.... your done, then only have one real good bead that didnt need grinded , lol
Old 09-16-2005 | 02:26 AM
TECH Fanatic

Damn, I really don't think its gonna fit. I hope it does, but I don't think it will...
Old 09-16-2005 | 07:49 AM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by Assassin
the only thing that sucks is that just when your welds are gettin near perfect.... your done, then only have one real good bead that didnt need grinded , lol
Haha! That was true. However, I am rerouting the kit, so I can practice some more
Old 09-16-2005 | 07:50 AM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by SStolen
Damn, I really don't think its gonna fit. I hope it does, but I don't think it will...
The v-band closest to the driver's side fender will make contact. Thats what happens when you dont double check your dimensions. thats why I am rerouting it.

Quick Reply: Progress on turbo kit....