Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

any incon turbo's for sale?

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2005 | 12:45 PM
TECH Senior Member

a mold for that piece of plastic would be serious $$ as well.
i was wondering if they had any small T4 flanged turbos, if you use a T3 which may be the only choice youll be limited to the max power of the setup
aluminum bends and straight silicon hose might work, looking at the icon kit the hose takes some weird shapes to fit between the AC and kmember.
Old 06-07-2005 | 03:10 PM
11 Second Club

Gary and I are talking at this point. We're bothing wondering the same thing, how much is it going to cost to get the actual manifolds made.

I have a buddy thats still in R&D and I think I can get my mentor to scan the exhaust manifolds for us. From there it becomes a CAD issue, i.e. designing a new manifold with updates to address issues with the Incon kit.

Gary already has a kit and is familiar with it, as where I am not. All I have are pictures that I could gather in hopes of replicating the kit but with tubular manifolds (what I can afford). I have the some of the resources to do that already, just missing time and some money.

This was a project I was planning on pursuing anyways just not at this time. I was going to start around Feburary and maybe offer the kit to the public. But that could easily be years away as I don't like to slap things together.

It seems Gary and I have the same interest, maybe we can make this happen maybe not. To early to tell at this point.

Still gotta make a few calls and see what kind of strings I can pull.
Old 06-07-2005 | 03:40 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Why not take a shortcut? Incon manifolds can't flow any better than stockers - so build a cast iron add-on to stock manifolds. or does the positioning of the outlet rule that out? then again, pros can weld cut up manifolds that alter the geometry, no?
Old 06-07-2005 | 04:17 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by Red91vette
Wait, I'm confused, are you saying you have just the stock stuff to help mock up or do you have a set of incon exhaust manifolds? I'm thinking your talking about the stock stuff, but I don't know why you would need the stock exhaust manifolds for a incon turbo set up, unless you actually had the turbo manifolds.
??????????... i'm just letting a local buddy know if he wants all this stuff he can come and use it for what and how long he wants......he mentioned me by name a few posts above stating that I have a block and heads and that he might have an interest in em, so I answered to him that I do have it and I am willing to lend it to him said purposes above....confused still?

No I don't have any incon stuff, again letting him know I have basically a complete LS1 sitting in my garage for use, exhaust manifolds can be use for mocking up, measurements clearances etc. etc. etc...
J
Old 06-07-2005 | 05:06 PM
TECH Addict

Yeah, I have always wondered why someone didnt make a peice of pipe that would connect the stock manifolds to some turbos, but I think theyll hang a bit low, and would be size constricted.

Ive only seen pics of the incon kit, but if they could get t4's in there thatd be great, however after seen my CAS kit, I dont think that would ever be a possible.
Old 06-07-2005 | 05:49 PM
11 Second Club

Welding castings together can be complicated......
Old 06-07-2005 | 06:08 PM
TECH Enthusiast

incons are low anyway. drivers side would be the big issue, pass side incon manifold is quite a bit longer than stock and the driver side. yeah it'd be tough...actually, trying to clone incon is probably not worth the effort given the packaging issues, which go beyond the manifolds.
Old 06-07-2005 | 06:14 PM
TECH Senior Member

right, cloning a kit would be cost prohibitive, I've discussed it with a few people in the past, and figured $800-10,000 to make a kit, using USA parts.

Second even if we could do it for that price, it would cost at least 1500-2000 more to sell to the end user, as we need to make some markup to cover the initial expenses.

Third, I don't think a incon style clone kit, being sold from longwood FL would go over well

Ryan
Old 06-07-2005 | 07:23 PM
TECH Fanatic

This would not be a clone exactly. All the bad issues with the incon stuff would be fixed, position of the turbos moved, and a few other things. I only had four issues with manifolds and three were on the passenger side.

As far as molding plastic thats the easy stuff. I can draw up a mold for the shapes I am talking about in a few minutes. Being close to Jaurez, New Mexico - plastic molding capital of the world makes getting stuff like that done easily. So far I am not wanting to make a kit, just a few hot parts and some improvements to the rest of the Incon kit. I have costed up parts for a kit based on prices I know, basically everything but the manifolds and its costly.

Just for reference HKS (over priced central) charges $300 for cast manifolds but over $1200-2000 for the stainless steel tubulars. Although the cast manifolds are a lot simplier. Cast iron has a lot of initial up front costs with the molds but after that there is very little labor costs when compared to a tubular.

Gary
Old 06-07-2005 | 09:15 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by slow
right, cloning a kit would be cost prohibitive, I've discussed it with a few people in the past, and figured $800-10,000 to make a kit, using USA parts.

Second even if we could do it for that price, it would cost at least 1500-2000 more to sell to the end user, as we need to make some markup to cover the initial expenses.

Third, I don't think a incon style clone kit, being sold from longwood FL would go over well

Ryan
You aren't telling me anything I don't know already.....
Old 06-08-2005 | 06:33 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I thought LPE was still selling this kit for F-bodies?

It was basically the original Incon kit with some minor modifications, their price was high but at least they would have spare parts.
Old 06-08-2005 | 09:28 AM
Coal Mining Director

LPE has all of the turbo parts but none of the hardware.
Old 06-08-2005 | 03:22 PM
11 Second Club

I don't know how much I am going to post beyond this point about progress but after making a few calls it turns out my buddy does this kind of stuff on a regular basis (laser scanning, rapid prototyping and casting molds).

We'll see where it goes from here.......
Old 01-16-2007 | 07:21 PM
TECH Fanatic

Default incon twin turbo kit

I have an incon twin turbo kit missing manifolds (have stainless steel manifolds mocked off of a pair of cast irons that come with the kit, 90% done)and one turbo if anyone is interested in purchasing it msg me
Also have a performance built LS2 (364 cubic inch, short block, 9-1 compression ratio) still at machine shop in bag. again anyone interested msg me.
Old 01-16-2007 | 07:31 PM
TECH Senior Member

back from the dead
try the forsale section (after you get enough time and posts)

Quick Reply: any incon turbo's for sale?