Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

414 7500rpm solid roller vs D1SC stock motor dyno.

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2005, 08:20 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1,743 Likes on 1,301 Posts

hey kp in that sounds clip of the s/c setup you can hear sort of an intermitent whine howl while its idling,is that the supercharger?sorry if thats a dumb question i just havent heard that at idle before in a boosted car.
Old 07-03-2005, 08:46 PM
kp
8 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

They whine pretty loud, some are louder then others. You alse hear just a lot of air, the byapss is blowing right out the front of the car under the parking light - thats noisier then the blower. I could put a muffler on the bypass or route it back to the blower intake and it would be much quiter. My camera really picked up the noise though. At the track you cant even hear the blower when there is a lot of normal noise. Its not very stealthy on the street though

jrp, well like I said I have nothing against a high compression big cammed motor. FI has its drawbacks, tuning can be a little tricky (I still use the stock 98 PCM/HP tuner and thats it, no 2 bar or anything like that) and like any other car you need the whole package for it to run well, whether its n2o, n/a or FI. Its just really hard to beat these though, I ran 135mph last night, put the muffler back on, backed the car off the trailer, drained the 104 fuel out, drove to the gas station put 8 gallons of 93 in and it was a nice day so I drove it 75 miles with the t-tops off - its just a fun car.

Quick Reply: 414 7500rpm solid roller vs D1SC stock motor dyno.