Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Just some info on testing with Nitromethane injection

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2011, 09:17 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Guys, I think your best bet is to get ahold of some military grade JP8 or JP4, that'll be some performance!

Hey for anyone doing this stuff, for christ sake do it in a well ventilated area, make sure you use protective gloves... keep some sort of bucket of CLEAN water in a bucket incase you get it on your skin or in your eyes or other parts... and keep a good fire exstinguisher around. You're messing with some pretty flamable stuff, Also messing with fuel systems make sure you get rid of any static electricity *you can do this by touching something metal that is sticking in the ground and touching the car at the same time*... and wear some protective glasses. Back yard mechanics doesn't always cut it.

Last edited by Lethedethius; 08-12-2011 at 09:25 PM.
Old 08-12-2011, 09:34 PM
8 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Lethedethius
Pony, you need to give people a bit of background *not to say your wrong or dispute with you, I know squat about nitro... but I just came back from a petroleum course*, pretty much the world runs it's fuel at a standard volume at 60 degrees, your fuel expands and contracts constantly because of temperature, your 60 gallons in texas will be less in alaska. There is a chart however to figure this, it's a multiplication table I got in my last Army course, I think this website may help though: http://www.widman.biz/English/Calcul...egreesAPI.html . Be sure whatever amount of nitro meth you're gonna throw in your motor is converted to 60 degree's, and try to measure the api to make sure it will combust properly. My two centz.
Thanks for your 2 cents newb. Way to bring a thread back from a 6 year death, lol. For the record I did post my background in one of my posts. You obviously ignored that when you read the whole thread. .
Old 08-12-2011, 10:31 PM
10 Second Club

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Lol why is it always a newb that brings a half decade old thread from the cold case files?
Old 08-13-2011, 12:44 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Fbodyjunkie06
Lol why is it always a newb that brings a half decade old thread from the cold case files?
because 99% of the time all the old ******* bitch and scream "SEARCH NEWB!!!!" when a newb starts a thread
Old 08-13-2011, 02:28 AM
10 Second Club

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Tx91z28
because 99% of the time all the old ******* bitch and scream "SEARCH NEWB!!!!" when a newb starts a thread
Yea that too I guess.

I'd like to get my hands on some of this Snow Nitromethane stuff and try it out.
Old 08-13-2011, 07:07 AM
UNDER PRESSURE MOD

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

The real chemists mix liquids by weight and not volume or specific density to get correct ratios where fractions of a percentage are critical.

I've always wondered about what the impact would be to injecting some nitro on top of a well performing motor.

As for safety, please please please respect what you're 'playing' with. Nitromethane is some nasty stuff in both liquid and vapor forms, and can quickly ruin your day, week, life.
Old 05-03-2012, 11:19 AM
10 Second Club

well crap now I am seriously debating whether I should tune for the Nitro Boost from Snow or just let it sit on my shelf. $40 wasted I guess.
Old 05-03-2012, 12:02 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by JZ 97 SS 1500
RPM, thats a dang cool 4 banger. The last 4 cylinders that impressed me was Keke rosberg, Gilles Villeneuve, Alain Prost, Senna...etc in the 80's when Formula 1 was turbocharged and you actually had to be a great driver...lol. In qualifying trim their 1.5 liter 4's were putting out over 1400hp and in race trim over 1250hp. I have an old video of Keke Rosberg's car coming out of an Apex and you can literally see the cars picking the front tires up. Those cars ran on VERY exotic fuels....I believe it was a blend of toulene, n-heptane and some traces of methanol and benzene, or something crazy.

Kurt, we are planning to try this stuff on other vehicles if it works out. I would like to run this on a race car if I can ever get one done...hehe.

Jose
i wana see that video!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 05-03-2012, 12:26 PM
10 Second Club

I have a Alky control meth kit. I run 100% as of now. Just for a little back ground on my setup I have a 408 with twin 60s and put down 760rwhp with the .48AR housings on the remote mount setup. We are looking for more top end so I am upgrading to .63housings. Now my question comes to Nitromethane as and addition to my meth injection. I have been reading every thread on all the various makes and model forums trying to get the best info. I bought a bottle of Nitro Boost from Snow. I have also read of some using Blue Thunder and adding more meth to bring the ration of Nitromethane down to 5% adding 3 additional gallons of straight methanol.

Car will obviously be tuned to run this but my question falls to can I use it more as a saftety factor? IE not increasing the timing much over what the methanol was doing by itself. Any help is appreciated.

Quick Reply: Just some info on testing with Nitromethane injection