Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Why Not To Get STS?

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2005, 06:30 AM
The Bull

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Guys, keep the profanity out of your messages. There are a lot of debates as to front vs rear mount turbos. No reason for you to get all bent out of shape over it.
Old 07-20-2005, 07:45 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by NA$TY-TA
Mike you made my ******* day buddy......... i hadnt read this thread at all yet and i read it all at once..... you are one funny ****** F^&Ker... LOL
I could have so many sig quotes from what you have posted....... I bet Don does alot of the work because you guys hang out and get drunk and laugh so much......... I say keep it going i was almost crying from laughing so hard.......

My .02 for a DD car that doesnt want to spend to much $$$ and be happy with your new found power STS is a good way to go......... its alot cheaper..... i can tell ya that much ha ah LOL :jest;

Kyle
we hang every weekend, we got a whole crew that has hung together for a few years now. Lets just say when i get going its a good time. Glad you guys are enjoying it...he wanted to gay up the thread with his bs as usual...well...then im gonna have fun with his buttocks(cant swear anymore )
Old 07-20-2005, 08:00 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by PurEvl
we hang every weekend, we got a whole crew that has hung together for a few years now. Lets just say when i get going its a good time. Glad you guys are enjoying it...he wanted to gay up the thread with his bs as usual...well...then im gonna have fun with his buttocks(cant swear anymore )
H AH AHA HA Im sure u can still make it funny with out swearing... at least the REAL bad ones ha ha
Old 07-20-2005, 08:11 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by CONVERTED
ok now that i've asked and have recieved there are actual answers to why STS are having "shitty" 60's The answer... big turbo...... not enough "excited" molecules (gas) moving into the turbo housing at a high enough volume. There for "spool" times are increased there by reducing the amount of boost avil. during your initial 225 ft or whatever you quoted. Now for the noob to school you... bigger turbo = the the opportunity to produce the greatest power How ever the bigger the turbo the more "lag" you produce...(doesn't work exactly like that but i'll assume your not a complete tard)... So your "buddy" with the STS who has a shitty 60' needs to consider a couple of things.... "brake boosting" or small turbo.. by shrinking it will reduce the amount of gas required to turn it there by reducing lag time.. so for those who have full boost or most of there boost at 3k or 3.2k they are obviously more intellengent that your buddy or your buddy was aiming for something else....

2 all of those more intellegent than myself and V6 please feel free to gently correct me... again i'm a supernoob but it appears i'm not alone.
I agree with most of everything you've stated but this is not my buddy and my understanding it was the baseline STS kit with no upgrades. The guy is REP for STS here in town. To add twist to the story though, I was cruising the streets on the way to the track and ran into the TRTURBO guy on the freeway and guess what was no longer on the car?????? This was about 1.5 months ago. I barked at him but got no play in return. I understand the physics for turbo setups and its a huge reason along with first hand sight and experience WHY i will not build or buy a rear turbo setup. Thanks for the words.
Old 07-20-2005, 08:15 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by ddnspider
V6 bird please STFU and stop wasting bandwidth...I now officially think that some people should have to take a test just to be allowed on this site
You being the most important one to take the test right?
Old 07-20-2005, 08:16 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by PurEvl
cause you can drive..asshammer
Oh..OK thanks...Preciate that!
Old 07-20-2005, 08:17 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by anarchy99
"How come I can Drive my friends singled RX7 to 1.58's to 1.62 on Nittos...We dont have a 2-step or nitrous on it..??"

you don't have to lie to sound popular v6 bird... you don't have any friends.
Your wife or gf doesnt count so therefore no I dont have any friends..im a lonely individual....
Old 07-20-2005, 08:26 AM
10 Second Club

surely we gotta have know someone on this board to challenge v6 turd.
Old 07-20-2005, 08:29 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by Got Me SOM
surely we gotta have know someone on this board to challenge v6 turd.
PLenty of faster cars out there but I dont see any STS cars in the 9's yet?
Old 07-20-2005, 08:39 AM
TECH Senior Member

going 9's with nitrous is about as impressive as the **** i took this morning...which wasnt great...im kind bound up from too much fiber or something....I screamed "I GOTTA TAKE A V6 BIRD AND IT WONT COME OUT"...didnt help
Old 07-20-2005, 09:05 AM
Suspended Sponsor

Originally Posted by V6 Bird
1 month??? My car may be sold in the next week!!! If had my fun with it, school is numero uno right now...Ill build another car and this one will be a thumper framed single...no rear mount non sense.
Offer will still be standing, I can wait.....come and get it!

-Bryan
Old 07-20-2005, 09:10 AM
Suspended Sponsor

Whats funny is that I can run the same ET at 1000 ft DA as I do at 4500 DA....why is that guys? It cant be....i did it the last 2 seasons

That would likely be because you had the know how to BOLT a bottle in the car and push a button that brings its own atmosphere and low inlet temps to boot....No doubt nitrous works, but when your bottle runs out our cars keep on going.
Old 07-20-2005, 09:12 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Race-Prep
Offer will still be standing, I can wait.....come and get it!

-Bryan
Its on! V6 bird...bring a big bottle!
Old 07-20-2005, 09:19 AM
10 Second Club

Received 1,747 Likes on 1,304 Posts

You being the most important one to take the test right?
Yeah i took the test,i passed,and didnt have to cheat either!You know i beat a V6 bird 2/3 races in a Volvo 850 and for those that dont know thats an INLINE 5
Old 07-20-2005, 10:05 AM
TECH Resident

For 13-14psi and those traps that sounds very WEAK! What does your car weigh? 4000+??
He lives in Las Vegas where the temps are over 100* and elevation is 2500 ft. That makes a car run like it is running at 4600ft. Yeah...at 4600 ft running 126mph is slow.
Old 07-20-2005, 10:06 AM
TECH Fanatic

Turbos are nice but I have seen so many turbo cars go down for long periods of time. I know of several Procharger cars and the only one down is an LT1. And he was pushing his quite hard from what I hear. Anywho for a beginner I'd say procharger is about as good as it gets. Super reliable power. But if you go that route don't mess around, talk to SDCE and get their spring tensioned pulley from the get go. Not knocking the STS. I'm sure they make a fine kit. I just think Procharger makes a solid kit that gives you lots of room to grow. Or it fine for those that just want to install it and forget about it.

Mike
Old 07-20-2005, 10:21 AM
TECH Senior Member

FYI I removed a ati d1 that made 630hp for my gt70 sts. The sts killed it in every way.
Old 07-20-2005, 11:16 AM
10 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

buschman, i love the sound of the procharger. We have 2 procharged LT1's here in vegas and one procharged ls1.

Whats weird is neither one of the procharged lt1's have ever trapped even 110 mph, they are running the p600 though. The highest i've seen is a 109. I'm pretty sure the problem is just in the tune on them. As for the LS1, he's waiting for it to cool off to bring it to the track for the first time in vegas. He's from the east coast and was running 10.60's there. I'm very curious how he runs in vegas.

DarkBlueTA has sold his procharger and is going turbo

BTW, here are some cars with mods that run in vegas to compare my times too

('00 Z28 A4): 11.967 @ 113.35 [1.709 60'] <-- stock car with a 100 shot
('99 Z28 A4): 11.329 @ 119.61 [1.613 60'] <-- 427 LS1
('98 SS M6): 12.783 @ 110.82 [2.071 60'] <-- heads, cam, long tubes
(00 WS6 M6): 13.009 @114.28mph [2.21 60'] <-- heads, cam, 370, 11:1 comp
('00 SS A4):13.925@100.30 : [2.170 60'] <-- lid, cut out

Last edited by Zombie; 07-20-2005 at 11:54 AM.
Old 07-20-2005, 12:04 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Good reading. I have seen some not so impressive STS cars at the track. You have to consider the people running them for the most part though. For most its basicly there only mod. It makes it faster and more fun to drive. They do not have trans work a high stll converter, or gears. So there 60ft times are not all so spectacular. With the right converter, gear, and the whole rest of the setup, like a lot of the front mount cars you see. You would have some 60ft'ion machines. Then agian with all that converter and gear you can kiss the drivability byby. Thats one of the things that makes the STS kit so appealing to the people buying them. Why do we keep talking about it being a race kit. I thought it was more of a bolt on. A P1 procharger kit is not going to go 140 in the quarter just like a run of the mill STS kit. I think the possibility is there to really fly with one. Someone just has to put one in a "racecar" and not a dd type car.

I have to admit I did not care for the idea at first, but it does what it is supposed to really well. I like to argue with Erik about it all the time...go to the track fool...but thats just us goofin around and pushing buttons lol. Time for me to go back to work on one of those goofy turbo set ups were the turbo is under the hood. Anyone know where there is some room for this thing?
Old 07-20-2005, 02:04 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by hellbents10
Good reading. I have seen some not so impressive STS cars at the track. You have to consider the people running them for the most part though. For most its basicly there only mod. It makes it faster and more fun to drive. They do not have trans work a high stll converter, or gears. So there 60ft times are not all so spectacular. With the right converter, gear, and the whole rest of the setup, like a lot of the front mount cars you see. You would have some 60ft'ion machines. Then agian with all that converter and gear you can kiss the drivability byby. Thats one of the things that makes the STS kit so appealing to the people buying them. Why do we keep talking about it being a race kit. I thought it was more of a bolt on. A P1 procharger kit is not going to go 140 in the quarter just like a run of the mill STS kit. I think the possibility is there to really fly with one. Someone just has to put one in a "racecar" and not a dd type car.

I have to admit I did not care for the idea at first, but it does what it is supposed to really well. I like to argue with Erik about it all the time...go to the track fool...but thats just us goofin around and pushing buttons lol. Time for me to go back to work on one of those goofy turbo set ups were the turbo is under the hood. Anyone know where there is some room for this thing?
alright get the hell out of here with your well written post and logic

Quick Reply: Why Not To Get STS?