Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

'69 camaro TT

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2005, 11:25 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

How many mph do you think it will do in the 1/4?
Old 07-28-2005, 08:55 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by nitrorocket
Nice car, but that would suck to not be able to say you did anything yourself. Isn't that part of having a nice car like that.... being able to show off your accomplishments, NOT how big your wallet is.
i hate to hear comments like this. i know everybody has their own opinion but if i had the cash and this was for sale i could care less that i didnt do any of the work on it. i would give anything for that car and tell every one i just put gas and oil in it.
Old 07-28-2005, 12:02 PM
SSU'S Vice Mod

Originally Posted by 427
The car shipped this morning back to California. It will be at "Hot August nights".
The original engine in the car was a 400ci na engine we built for Mark Stielow. The turbo engines ci was based on the 91 octane fuel in California and the dish/cc combo that was needed to get 8-1 compression ratio.
The car was built to be driven. It has run the last two power tour long hauls with the turbo engine. Freeway driving is a blast. 70mph to 140mph is almost better than sex!

Kurt

PS: for a 0-200mph dyno pull go to our website's gallery.

Mark Stielow is a car god! Honestly...this piece is 10x more beautiful than anything I've ever seen on Rides or American Hotrod. Ohhh, maybe in 25 years I'll be able to afford to build something like this with an LSx in it and the hairdryers to boot.
Old 07-28-2005, 12:05 PM
SSU'S Vice Mod

Originally Posted by Silver02
How many mph do you think it will do in the 1/4?

~155+ Just judging by HP, weight, and the suspension setup.

Kurt...how much $$ is in that car as it sits? Not how much did Stielow sell it for, but how much in materials, parts, engine building labor, turbo setup, ect. My guess is that Mark spent a good 50~65k on the car alone to get the parts 400, the car, that 4 link (which I'd love to see his design for), ect. I remember seeing some of the articles in PHR when he was doing the build.
Old 07-28-2005, 10:00 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

The mph at a dragstrip would be high for the et. At last years north vs south I drove a c4 vette tt down the track on street radials. I ran 12.3x@ 137mph smoking the tires 4 different times during the run. I went thru the lights crossed up smoking the tires hard. That same car with slicks ran 8.60@16X a couple months back.

Charleys car would top 6 digits to re-produce.

The truck that hauled the Mule and Thrasher away dropped off a stock 69 Camaro for a certain Camaro builder's next project. 69 with a fi gen3 would be cool......

Kurt
Old 07-29-2005, 10:19 AM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 46 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by sb427f-car
Kurt...how much $$ is in that car as it sits? Not how much did Stielow sell it for, but how much in materials, parts, engine building labor, turbo setup, ect. My guess is that Mark spent a good 50~65k on the car alone to get the parts 400, the car, that 4 link (which I'd love to see his design for), ect. I remember seeing some of the articles in PHR when he was doing the build.
LOL, you can't compare pricing on a pro-touring 1st gen with a 4th gen f-body. Its EASY to clear $100K in parts and labor on a car at this level. Even my previous '69 would cost about $80K to duplicate, and it wasn't as exotic as the Mule. I'm sure this silver '69 is up past $150K to duplicate, it has the best of the best parts and nice craftsmanship.

Tony
Old 07-29-2005, 11:08 AM
SSU'S Vice Mod

Originally Posted by Nine Ball
LOL, you can't compare pricing on a pro-touring 1st gen with a 4th gen f-body. Its EASY to clear $100K in parts and labor on a car at this level. Even my previous '69 would cost about $80K to duplicate, and it wasn't as exotic as the Mule. I'm sure this silver '69 is up past $150K to duplicate, it has the best of the best parts and nice craftsmanship.

Tony

Tony, I wasn't even counting in the countless hours of labor, the stuff that he fabbed, and the odds and ends that you most of the time neglect to tally in the price of a build. One thing is for certain...muscle cars and detroit iron is popular again. Its said when joe average rebuilds a car to almost period correct, not a numbers matching car, and it'll run pretty good and wants 20k for it, just because he sees the z28s and zl1s going across the block in scottsdale for close to 100k and 150k respectively. It kinda puts us "kids" out of the market for some dream cars that we'd love to do this kind of work on.

Kurt, is Stielow building another car I know about the G-body (he finished that up right)?
Old 07-30-2005, 10:08 AM
Teching In

Unbelieveable!!!!!!

Quick Reply: '69 camaro TT