Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

It's getting hot in here... Please welcome Hi-Flo Turbo as a sponsor!

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2005, 01:24 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Moving the battery is easy folks, and I'd much rather have that be the only item needing relocation than deal with accessories. If you move the alt. or one of the other accessories, you have to deal with getting the right belt, rewiring/replumbing, etc. Its just easier and cleaner to leave that all alone, and simply move one EASY thing

Get a metal battery box, put it in the spare tire well, vent it to the outside, and run the cables -- done. You're tech-legal at the track, it looks nice and clean, and its out of the way.
Old 08-16-2005, 01:55 PM
*Suspended Sponsor*

Originally Posted by Boostaholic
And having to buy the proper equipment to relocate it and pass tech at the track.
The battery relocation kit will be included with the turbo system. I am trying my best to make minimal sacrifices. The turbocharger sits in the battery's factory location. This allows us to run the adequate plumbing to support up to 1200 HP and up to a 76 GTS turbocharger while having tame manners on the street and at any power level up to the maximum rated 1200 HP. This configuration also allows us to vent the wastegate back into the downpipe and avoid the annoying open wastegate sound under boost. A notching of the sheetmetal under the battery tray will be required to accomodate the 3" feed into the turbocharger. It will not interfere with the battery tray mounting should you decide to remove the turbo system and return the car back to stock.
Old 08-16-2005, 02:09 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 1,141 Likes on 741 Posts

If I pull off my blower setup after the Thunder race it would be for a single kit from Marko. We have been friends for a long time and in my book he's a straight shooter.
Old 08-16-2005, 02:53 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Hi-Flo Turbo Inc.
The battery relocation kit will be included with the turbo system. I am trying my best to make minimal sacrifices. The turbocharger sits in the battery's factory location. This allows us to run the adequate plumbing to support up to 1200 HP and up to a 76 GTS turbocharger while having tame manners on the street and at any power level up to the maximum rated 1200 HP. This configuration also allows us to vent the wastegate back into the downpipe and avoid the annoying open wastegate sound under boost. A notching of the sheetmetal under the battery tray will be required to accomodate the 3" feed into the turbocharger. It will not interfere with the battery tray mounting should you decide to remove the turbo system and return the car back to stock.
Damn, see, the relocation kit for the battery is included . I can't wait untill my wife gets done with school. I see this being on my door step in a little over 2 years .
Old 08-16-2005, 03:26 PM
SSU'S Vice Mod

Originally Posted by Brains
Moving the battery is easy folks, and I'd much rather have that be the only item needing relocation than deal with accessories. If you move the alt. or one of the other accessories, you have to deal with getting the right belt, rewiring/replumbing, etc. Its just easier and cleaner to leave that all alone, and simply move one EASY thing

Get a metal battery box, put it in the spare tire well, vent it to the outside, and run the cables -- done. You're tech-legal at the track, it looks nice and clean, and its out of the way.

Don't forget a main battery disconect too brains. I'm sure most of us know that, but some might not.
Old 08-16-2005, 03:38 PM
On The Tree

Freakin sweet!

Verrry interesting... Welcome and please keep us updated.

Last edited by RDeputy150; 08-18-2005 at 04:31 AM.
Old 08-16-2005, 04:07 PM
TECH Senior Member

ahh yes, forgot the switch Gotta have that too!

I can't wait to see some pics, and I'd like to see about getting a kit for my Formula as well. Keep us posted, guys!
Old 08-16-2005, 04:42 PM
On The Tree

Awesome! Can't wait to see pics.

This has ic pipes with all parts too, correct?

Old 08-16-2005, 05:40 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Anybody want to buy a TTI kit???? anybody??? (insert cricket sound here)

Well if I switch over I will still be 4 kits behind Ed
Old 08-16-2005, 06:00 PM
On The Tree

since there is going to be a "street kit", will there be a "race kit"? you know for us guys who just can't settle for 1200hp? i'm thinking maybe 1500hp. i'd be interested in some piping for a T88-T91, some special headers and a big air to water intercooler instead of a FMIC. i'm not really talking about a kit, just the basic piping, headers, and flanges. thanks
Old 08-16-2005, 06:24 PM
TECH Addict

man that is a little harsh

ed
Old 08-16-2005, 06:30 PM
TECH Fanatic

So, when can we expect pics of the layout? It sounds pretty interesting so far. One question, and I know that a few other vendors have been asked before, but what would be the chances of producing a hot parts kit that utilizes the 6.0 truck manifolds? For those who aren't concerned with losing A/C, and want a budget-minded kit, that route seems to be the popular one. The manifolds are relatively plentiful, and cheap, and from the research I have done, shorties can be substituted. The kit that I have in mind would include the downpipe, and intermediate pipes, and be set up for a popular turbo flange orientation. I would really like to see the turbo mounted longitudinally on the passenger side, much like smokinhawk's setup, and I plan to use a A/W intercooler as well. Food for thought, at least.

Last edited by Sandmann120; 08-16-2005 at 06:36 PM.
Old 08-16-2005, 06:40 PM
TECH Addict

that would actually be pretty nice to see someone make this kind of kit. All the shops do not want to touch it, Ive contacted quite a few, and none of them want to make something without the car there, and thatll take the budget right out of it.

I know another reason that this isnt normally done is that the front raidator support has to be removed for the turbo to fit, this is not something that most people can do themselves.
ed
Old 08-16-2005, 06:46 PM
SSU'S Vice Mod

Originally Posted by libertine1015

Street or race, how much?
Old 08-16-2005, 07:26 PM
TECH Fanatic

69firebird, I see your point. The turbo location and arrangement that I listed is just what I have in mind, but I agree that for a mass-produced kit, the turbo should be left behind the radiator. I would strongly consider donating my car so a kit like this to be mocked up, and the design is simply copied from the original. Dump the A/C, move the power steering (possibly include the bracket in the kit), and whatever else needs to be done to make it work. Marko, how does this sound to you?
Old 08-16-2005, 07:39 PM
*Suspended Sponsor*

I'm not sure how much cheaper it would get without the headers I'm using in our current kit. I'm afraid of basing a kit on manifolds that may or may not be readily available in mass quantities. It could potentially cause delays in delivery of the kits. I am planning on having kits in stock, ready to ship. That's something that's very important to me and something I see as a very strong selling point. I thought $3995 was a budget kit?
Old 08-16-2005, 07:43 PM
TECH Addict

Marko,
Were not saying what your making isnt great deal and a great budget kit.

Just food for thought

just like you selling only hot parts

see simple ideas for you to consider, i still dont understand why you dont want to.
ed
Old 08-16-2005, 08:23 PM
TECH Addict

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Exclamation

Originally Posted by libertine1015

Looks like I would still prefer the TTI kit over this one since I don't have to relocate my battery. I have T-Tops and take them out from time to time and store them in the back....

Is it a street or race kit? How Much? Whats all included?

Bill
Old 08-16-2005, 08:23 PM
TECH Fanatic

Marko, I want you to understand that I think you are offering a GREAT deal on your kits. I was just putting the thought out for you to chew on, simply because most of the other vendors have been aproached about the same subject. I see your point on not wanting to stock something like this on the basis of not being able to get the manifolds. What I was saying is that nobody offers a kit using this type of manifold, although many people are planning a kit around them. Just something to think about. By the way, if I haven't already said it, thank you for the effort you have shown in putting out a kit for us.
Old 08-16-2005, 08:27 PM
TECH Fanatic

And, like 69firebird said, for some of us would really like to get a hold of the hot parts, especially if we want to use a A/W intercooler. I'm not trying to tell you how to run your already successful business, just giving a few (hopefully) helpful suggestion about an opening in the market place.

Quick Reply: It's getting hot in here... Please welcome Hi-Flo Turbo as a sponsor!