Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

It's getting hot in here... Please welcome Hi-Flo Turbo as a sponsor!

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2005 | 08:39 PM
TECH Senior Member

I still love the way he is goin to have this thing built!! Hopefully once pics are availble, we will all have an idea of how things will look, great deal on the price, very do'able.
Old 08-16-2005 | 09:03 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by sycotic_reject
I still love the way he is goin to have this thing built!! Hopefully once pics are availble, we will all have an idea of how things will look, great deal on the price, very do'able.
I agree 100 percent he is doing it the right way and no one can even compete with the price! I am going to but one for sure when can we expect some pics and when will the web site be up? I imagine a couple of weeks since the headers are just being made this week? Any thoughts Marko?
Old 08-16-2005 | 09:07 PM
TECH Junkie

How much rwhp can we expect with the budget base kit and a forged 348 motor with stage two heads and a turbo cam? I believe you state somewhere in this post it is good for 800 crank horsepower?
Old 08-16-2005 | 10:21 PM
TECH Fanatic

I still wish someone would post any sort of time frame, even just a month, or even saying 'sometime next year' would do.
Old 08-16-2005 | 10:23 PM
*Suspended Sponsor*

Originally Posted by 69firebird
Marko,
Were not saying what your making isnt great deal and a great budget kit.

Just food for thought

just like you selling only hot parts

see simple ideas for you to consider, i still dont understand why you dont want to.
ed
I appreciate all the feedback guys, I'm definately taking in everything you guys are suggesting. What price range are you guys thinking about? The reason I wouldn't sell the hot parts at this time is that I am having both hot side and cold side produced in the same quantities. The way my situation is at the present time, I would be stuck with (already paid for) a cold side that would be hard to get rid of since my base kit includes an intercooler.
Old 08-16-2005 | 10:29 PM
*Suspended Sponsor*

Originally Posted by 52172
I agree 100 percent he is doing it the right way and no one can even compete with the price! I am going to but one for sure when can we expect some pics and when will the web site be up? I imagine a couple of weeks since the headers are just being made this week? Any thoughts Marko?
We're prototyping two types of header/manifold. One is tubular, one is a log style. I will test both and report the differences. The website is up, but incomplete, sorry for the inconvinience. We should have a few preliminary pictures up tomorrow for the street kit.
Old 08-16-2005 | 10:33 PM
*Suspended Sponsor*

How much rwhp can we expect with the budget base kit and a forged 348 motor with stage two heads and a turbo cam? I believe you state somewhere in this post it is good for 800 crank horsepower?
Yes, the base HF71 should support 800 crank horsepower. We offer a compressor cover upgrade which raises the horsepower rating to 850.
Old 08-16-2005 | 10:47 PM
NKAWTG...N

Definitly go with tubular over log. The TTi street kit and is already log based, which would be strict competition, only thing you would have over them is price and perhaps a different type of intercooler. I think there is going to be a much bigger demand for a manifold kit, I know I was in the market for a phamspeed one but they pulled the plug on it literally 2 days before I was going to order it. With a log based kit you will find yourself hitting a brick wall at a certain hp, say around 600+ where it will get very tough to go beyond that. Of course you know that already, just typing that all out for those who aren't as turbo informed. But if you made a manifold kit you would get my attention pretty darn quick.
Old 08-16-2005 | 10:56 PM
TECH Junkie

im really interested in this. it would take me a year or two to actually get it, but i want it bad. the biggest things i ask are that the DP doesn't go under the K member and that i don't have to go to pusher fans. from what ive heard, they can't cope with the southern heat.
Old 08-16-2005 | 10:57 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by stoleit
Definitly go with tubular over log. The TTi street kit and is already log based, which would be strict competition, only thing you would have over them is price and perhaps a different type of intercooler. I think there is going to be a much bigger demand for a manifold kit, I know I was in the market for a phamspeed one but they pulled the plug on it literally 2 days before I was going to order it. With a log based kit you will find yourself hitting a brick wall at a certain hp, say around 600+ where it will get very tough to go beyond that. Of course you know that already, just typing that all out for those who aren't as turbo informed. But if you made a manifold kit you would get my attention pretty darn quick.
I assume when you say manifold you mean tubular header?
Old 08-17-2005 | 12:04 AM
TECH Junkie

Just wondering why you would even want to test a log type manifold?
Old 08-17-2005 | 12:18 AM
Restricted User

**** me, now I want to abandon my nitrous max effort route! ****, ****. Damn it.

Marko, I got the hot parts, cold parts, FMIC, turbo, Batt relo kit, what else if anything is this coming with? I assume all clamps, silicone etc, but looking more towards Injectors, Pump('s), Wastegate, Blow-off, and Boost Controller? Or can they be added at time of ordering?

Ok...when can we order? Damn it, I wont sleep waiting for pics now, and with no internet at work temporarily I will have to "become sick" to get home quicker
Old 08-17-2005 | 12:39 AM
NKAWTG...N

I assume when you say manifold you mean tubular header?
Yeaper, guess I should have been more specific, I'm still in phamspeed mode where manifold kit = tubular headers.

Originally Posted by CAT3
Marko, I got the hot parts, cold parts, FMIC, turbo, Batt relo kit, what else if anything is this coming with? I assume all clamps, silicone etc, but looking more towards Injectors, Pump('s), Wastegate, Blow-off, and Boost Controller? Or can they be added at time of ordering?
You can easily get these from other suppliers if Marko doesn't sell these items. And for 4g's I can pretty much guarantee you they wont be in the kit. Not sure of your location, but you could basically hop, skip, and jump over to Speed Inc of FLP if Marko isn't carrying those types of supporting mods.

Edit: Just saw u were in Hawaii, well then you could easily order them from one of our sponsors!
Old 08-17-2005 | 02:23 AM
Restricted User

Yeah, I got a line on Injectors, not sure about the WG and BOV though. Already have one Walbro intank, just need a second one and some other juicy support stuff. Oh hell, a set of 6.0L heads would do nicely since my shortblock is flattops....ugh.
Old 08-17-2005 | 02:37 AM
NKAWTG...N

Speed Inc has a bunch of nice juicy fuel "kits" for lack of a better word, come with rails and the whole shabang, but dont wanna hi-jack. So go tubular headers!!!!
Old 08-17-2005 | 07:24 AM
10 Second Club

What are the specs on that Hi Flo 71 turbo you speak of? Is it supposed to spool up fast? Just curious.

Thanks.
Old 08-17-2005 | 07:38 AM
TECH Enthusiast

LOGS BLOW, this kit had my attention when I heard Headers and $3995

Im not hating on TTI because my kit makes more than I can street on a DR but damn it I want more!!! Its the American way

Innovate or die!
Old 08-17-2005 | 11:05 AM
NKAWTG...N

Originally Posted by libertine1015
LOGS BLOW, this kit had my attention when I heard Headers and $3995

Im not hating on TTI because my kit makes more than I can street on a DR but damn it I want more!!! Its the American way

Innovate or die!
. I agree! But now I feel dirty since I want to buy this kit and will probably be picking my car up from speed today for the first time!
Old 08-17-2005 | 11:43 AM
TECH Enthusiast

We all love sponsors and have made lots of friends but money does matter, I dont think Speed Inc would hate on you, competition is good for the consumer. I think most of us are going broke and pushing wives to the edge with all this $4000 here $2000 there crap, I know I am Money does matter!
Old 08-17-2005 | 12:15 PM
TECH Senior Member

Sounds like a nice kit, at a very reasonable price. I like the fact that you'd rather make headers than work around factory manifolds, and keep things "on the shelf". Lets see the completed kit before we go looking for the hot parts, pieces, etc.

Looking forward to pictures.

Quick Reply: It's getting hot in here... Please welcome Hi-Flo Turbo as a sponsor!