Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Any1 know who makes a SINGLE turbo kit for a C5?

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2005, 04:34 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm gunna look at the TTi kit. I havent looked at them yet, but I will. He doesn't want but around 500 rwhp, BUT he wants plenty of room to grow and a turbo can offer just that.

As far as a superharger goes...... well blowers aren't really what I like to make power with... I don't like the small power loss accompanied by a blower(which i know its not much).
Old 08-11-2005, 04:47 PM
TECH Apprentice

and the second blew up his trans before tuning could be complete.

Cheers,

Mark[/QUOTE]

mark whats up???

i never said that my tuning wasnt complete???????
you make it sound as if i havent driven the car? i logged over a 1000miles!
i can tell you that my car is WAY more driveably then my last h/c cartek tuned set up.period!

i will always "play" with the tune but i drove over 3 hrs two weeks ago and logged 2 45 minute sessions. i have enough data in my a/r histograms to allign all my ve tables and enable car back in closed loop if i want to.
my a/r in the histogram look real good 10.8 to 11.8 from kpa 105 to 195kpa.

as far as running the car on the dyno really means NOTHING to me, the car is fast!
Old 08-11-2005, 04:52 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Shinobi'sZ
What is not proven?
The PTK C5 kit doesn't have any medium or long term results, AFAIK. It is a very new setup on the C5. That is what I'm referring to.

When Jose says the PTK kit is best without mentioning that he sells the kit, I feel that is a bit wrong.

Had he said I feel the kit is best for the following reasons that would be different.

I'm still waiting to hear how the PTK kit is better than Lingenfelter's.

Cheers,

Mark
Old 08-11-2005, 04:55 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by nick y
i never said that my tuning wasnt complete???????
Nick - I didn't mean to imply that there is anything wrong with your setup. I'm just hilighting how new it is. That doesn't make it good or bad. My entire point was about Jose acting like it is the best setup without providing any reasons.

Mark
Old 08-11-2005, 05:18 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by mdhmi
Nick - I didn't mean to imply that there is anything wrong with your setup. I'm just hilighting how new it is. That doesn't make it good or bad. My entire point was about Jose acting like it is the best setup without providing any reasons.

Mark

ok

i dont know if its the best cause i never driven in your car ,,,, to far away but i can tell ya i love it and i'am sure the you love your too!!
i was upset cause your statement makes it sound as if ptk isnt proven. it may not be proven over the long term(year) but we arent talking about your typical "daily driver" anyway.

i raced my buddie w/04 cobra with 2.2 blowzilla w/metco pullies and 21 psi and tons of other goodies and walked him. he layed down very high 6XX.
he will be selling complete set up and getting twin this fall!

mark its all
Old 08-11-2005, 05:42 PM
Teching In

Well now we know who the PTK are. Why don't you little boys go and take your childish personal battles on some other forum, especially that tough guy threating people over the internet are you for real?

Let some of us learn whats available as options for our cars so we can make an educated decision instead of polluting this thread.

Last edited by 1badvet; 08-11-2005 at 05:54 PM.
Old 08-11-2005, 05:54 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 1badvet
Well now we know who the PTK and TTi are.
Have you considered shooting up and posting elsewhere?

Mark

Last edited by mdhmi; 08-11-2005 at 06:04 PM.
Old 08-11-2005, 06:48 PM
11 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

wow, feels like the CF forum all of a sudden.
Old 08-11-2005, 07:02 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by mdhmi
Have you considered shooting up and posting elsewhere?

Mark
I think you mean shutting up don't you.

I think shooting up is what you guys are doing, maybe time to back off the steroids and weights I think they are making you guys overly aggresive. Just like a muscle head not to be able to grasp simple grammar.

I'll say what I want now go fight with those childish PTK somewhere else.

Your just piling the polution on this thread
Old 08-11-2005, 07:48 PM
9 Second Club

If your friend isn't in a hurry. I MAY be willing to part with my single kit this winter. I am thinking about making a few changes. It currently makes 740/725 on pump gas and meth. (w/ A/F at less than 9.5:1 - needs a retune). It will definitely do 800rwhp+ with more boost and race gas. Its a reworked Cerra Single Kit. I have made a few changes (i.e. fmic, reworked intake tract, wrapped header and downpipe, dual v-band flanged downpipe for easier install/removal of downpipe and header).
Old 08-11-2005, 11:06 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Earl H
If your friend isn't in a hurry. I MAY be willing to part with my single kit this winter. I am thinking about making a few changes. It currently makes 740/725 on pump gas and meth. (w/ A/F at less than 9.5:1 - needs a retune). It will definitely do 800rwhp+ with more boost and race gas. Its a reworked Cerra Single Kit. I have made a few changes (i.e. fmic, reworked intake tract, wrapped header and downpipe, dual v-band flanged downpipe for easier install/removal of downpipe and header).
E-mail coming your way Earl.
Old 08-12-2005, 12:15 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Originally Posted by Earl H
Earl give me a call tomm, or give me a # to call you at.

Jose
Old 08-12-2005, 06:26 AM
EPP
FormerVendor

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by stoleit
wow looks like that had a ton of head aches come with it. but damn did that vette lay down a number! 790rwhp/750rwtq on a mustang dyno! thats fricken impressive!!!!
Thanks! Yes, it did indeed make good power, and with only 14 psi of boost. We could easily add more power by adding more boost, but the owner needs to get use to it first. Bob
Old 08-12-2005, 01:33 PM
9 Second Club

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

I've seen plenty of TTi vettes around here at the track. So I've got a good idea what they are running.

Out of curiousity... has anyone with a PTK Vette ever made it to the track for a pass?

How about some boost, ET and MPH numbers with what tires are being used? That would give us some simple facts about who is making what power.

I'm guessing that most of these TT vettes are running without a cage and on street tires, or ET streets at the track. So lack of traction and the threat of the track booting them is going to make the ETs look kind of funny vs. the MPH but at least will be looking a physics for some facts.

Rick
Old 08-12-2005, 05:44 PM
TECH Addict

Earl I'll keep in touch with you... shoot me some details in a pm sometime....... money really isn't a problem for him so I'm sure if you want to get rid of it he'll take it and he was actually wanting to do it this winter so it would actually work out pretty well.

Josh S.
Old 08-14-2005, 07:17 PM
TECH Resident

Folks, we are working on a single turbo for the C5, we are currently in the development phase, but we feel our setup will work well. It will require moving a little bit of stuff, but we plan to provide ALL needed hardware and brackets. We are using a PT-88 on the first kit, but will probably go to a GT-67 for the base kit once we are done. Kit will use custom Jet-Hot Sterling coated exhaust headers and a thermal coating on the turbo. Hope to be ready for real world tests in a couple of months.
Old 08-14-2005, 07:45 PM
TECH Addict

Demon SS,
That would be great, especially if you could come in significantlly cheaper than all those twin kit.
Old 08-14-2005, 09:00 PM
Teching In

If you read Corky Bell's awesome book, or that is, if your friend does, he might see that twins on that size of an engine would be the best bet from an efficiency standpoint

www.turboheaven.com
Old 08-14-2005, 09:11 PM
9 Second Club

PTK setup is so good looking, ugh.... lol

do they sell just hotparts for the vettes?

lol
Old 08-15-2005, 09:39 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by 69firebird
Demon SS,
That would be great, especially if you could come in significantlly cheaper than all those twin kit.

dont worry it will be

Quick Reply: Any1 know who makes a SINGLE turbo kit for a C5?