Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Phamspeed Dyno #'s

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2005, 01:23 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

On another note the car sounded insane on the dyno. People were running and covering thier ears. It was a fun time. I just wish I had more of it and money. When we were done there was like a mustang club that showed up to get on the dyno. I wish they would came about 10mins earlier. I would of like to see the look on thier face.
Old 08-14-2005, 01:32 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1,737 Likes on 1,298 Posts

sounds like a blast....now correct me if im wrong but if it cut the power like it did then when you change the Eboost setting and dyno again arent you going to make ALOT more power then what you did seeing as how it was climbing fairly fast and it wasnt even to redline on the graph???
Old 08-14-2005, 01:46 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Great numbers pat, too bad about the eboost, thats why I went with the dual stage manual boost controller from Turbosmart.....eboost is too confusing It's either 12psi or 18psi for me.

I wouldn't be too put off on your first dyno....tends to happen that way. Get it adjusted a lil more and go back and have it tuned by someone who knows their ****. Its all in the tune.

But stock those numbers are pretty damn good especially with the eboost doing its thing. It'll only go up from here on out.
Oh yeah, I gave your rep meter(lil box under your screen name the one with a check mark and a "x" ) some good feed back
J
Old 08-14-2005, 02:20 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by frcefed98
Great numbers pat, too bad about the eboost, thats why I went with the dual stage manual boost controller from Turbosmart.....eboost is too confusing It's either 12psi or 18psi for me.

I wouldn't be too put off on your first dyno....tends to happen that way. Get it adjusted a lil more and go back and have it tuned by someone who knows their ****. Its all in the tune.

But stock those numbers are pretty damn good especially with the eboost doing its thing. It'll only go up from here on out.
Oh yeah, I gave your rep meter(lil box under your screen name the one with a check mark and a "x" ) some good feed back
J
Thanks for the rep. Can it get me a free tune Yeah the car was blast on the dyno and all the people there were having fun with it. I was just praying it wouldn't go pop!!!!
Old 08-14-2005, 02:28 PM
TECH Senior Member

If it went pop, I'd kill the "tuner." Who did you go too? Scale those graphs down some too, man it made reading all the posts on the first page a pain I have a huge flat screen monitor too

As for the rep, you are good in my book, its the first time I noticed the feedback feature
As for the free tune Sorry bud, can't help you there...just make sure you take it to someone who knows HP tuners next time and post up some 6XX's. Mid to upper 500's are bad at all, **** a lot of people don't make that kind of power that responded in this post...so don't take it too bad.

We know there is more lurking in that GT42 than that...Keep dialing it in, you are getting closer.
J
Old 08-14-2005, 03:16 PM
TECH Fanatic

If it went pop, I'd kill the "tuner." Who did you go too? Scale those graphs down some too, man it made reading all the posts on the first page a pain I have a huge flat screen monitor too

As for the rep, you are good in my book, its the first time I noticed the feedback feature
As for the free tune Sorry bud, can't help you there...just make sure you take it to someone who knows HP tuners next time and post up some 6XX's. Mid to upper 500's are bad at all, **** a lot of people don't make that kind of power that responded in this post...so don't take it too bad.

We know there is more lurking in that GT42 than that...Keep dialing it in, you are getting closer.
J
Yeah I think 600 would be easy with the right tune and 12psi, but I know I am pushing the motor as it is now.

I think alot people just don't understand the Eboost. Hell even I haven't figured it out yet. Thats why they are confusing the drop with something wrong when in fact its just making half the boost.

I still wanna get it tuned later down the road. I wish slowhawk was closer to me Maybe I will go to TTP someday.
Old 08-14-2005, 03:22 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by HellRaiser
Yeah I think 600 would be easy with the right tune and 12psi, but I know I am pushing the motor as it is now.

I think alot people just don't understand the Eboost. Hell even I haven't figured it out yet. Thats why they are confusing the drop with something wrong when in fact its just making half the boost.

I still wanna get it tuned later down the road. I wish slowhawk was closer to me Maybe I will go to TTP someday.
Dude, I have yet to call Don (Slowhawk) back to let him finish tuning my car. He told me to make sure all the kinks were worked out of it before I brought it to him and I'm JUST finishing up. You're not THAT far, it's a good day trip. You should come up in a couple weeks when I go so I can check out your setup
Old 08-14-2005, 03:31 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by EightBallTTA
Dude, I have yet to call Don (Slowhawk) back to let him finish tuning my car. He told me to make sure all the kinks were worked out of it before I brought it to him and I'm JUST finishing up. You're not THAT far, it's a good day trip. You should come up in a couple weeks when I go so I can check out your setup
Thats sounds good but I don't think I will have the money for it
Old 08-14-2005, 03:36 PM
TECH Addict

Holy Lag.... I dont think its an Intake problem... 4-5psi drop is most likely as been said before to be a WG problem or too much back pressure from a restrective exhaust setup. Also whats up with the Lag? Try leaning out the bottom end with more timing to spool that turbo faster. How much boost do u see around 3500RPM? When do u see full boost?
Old 08-14-2005, 03:47 PM
TECH Fanatic

Yes theres lag there I think its the tune. I need someone that knows thier **** about this to tune the car.

The drop is the wastegate problem, well its not a problem at all, the eboost controller has a safety function on it that you set and if that boost is reach then the eboost cuts the boost down in half of what you set it to. Well I forgot to reset it higher then 9.5 from what I had set before, once 9.5 was hit the eboost safety kicked in and turn the boost down to half of that. It was my fault I forgot to fix it.
Old 08-14-2005, 03:47 PM
TECH Fanatic

J
graph is fixed
Old 08-14-2005, 03:55 PM
...with cheese.

Originally Posted by LSs1Power
Holy Lag.... I dont think its an Intake problem... 4-5psi drop is most likely as been said before to be a WG problem or too much back pressure from a restrective exhaust setup. Also whats up with the Lag? Try leaning out the bottom end with more timing to spool that turbo faster. How much boost do u see around 3500RPM? When do u see full boost?
There is no way that motor choked that turbo. It's his controller. I run a 370 and I was running quite a bit smaller turbo and make 100rwhp more than that... the 76GTS runs a 3" downpipe so did my 70 I was using. He could lean it up in the bottom end and reduce the lag, from the way it sounds his tuner didn't know wtf he was doing.
Old 08-14-2005, 04:12 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Armageddon
There is no way that motor choked that turbo. It's his controller. I run a 370 and I was running quite a bit smaller turbo and make 100rwhp more than that... the 76GTS runs a 3" downpipe so did my 70 I was using. He could lean it up in the bottom end and reduce the lag, from the way it sounds his tuner didn't know wtf he was doing.
You nailed it....

I wonder if Slowhawk would take my first born for a tune??????
Old 08-14-2005, 06:21 PM
TECH Senior Member

So what would be the better way to lean his tune out on the bottom end?
Increase timing from 2-4500rpms
OR
Lean it out by taking fuel away in the same range???

Thanks,
J
Old 08-14-2005, 06:28 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Geter fixed and get back on the dyno man......
Kyle
Old 08-14-2005, 08:08 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

i am in no way saying those numbers are bad, they are great. i just dont know how that eboost works and if its falling where it looks like it is then thats the reason for the power loss. but i know for a fact that tuning is a big factor, i have spent money on things and if i would have just tuned it, it probably would have fixed it. im glad to see that the pham speed stuff is working as good as it is. makes me more excited about my setup. i know a heck of a tuner in KY, but thats a long haul for you. hes awesome with na stuff and is coming along quite nicely with the FI stuff. good luck and thanks for the advice youve given me thus far
Old 08-14-2005, 09:07 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1,737 Likes on 1,298 Posts

hellraiser how bad was the hookup and figuring out the Eboost?im wondering how bad its gonna be to do the Eboost2 i have
Old 08-14-2005, 09:08 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Believe it or not,I run a manual controller(****) on all my Turbo cars and it works very well Very consistant with a quick turbo spool.Timing/fuel changes really help the spooling in the midrange.The sad part is that every turbo car is different so a mail order tune will get it close but not perfect
Good news is a recent 4.8l truck we did held 26lbs of boost on pump gas recently(accidently ),then the new tranny took a dump
Old 08-14-2005, 09:10 PM
TECH Fanatic

Yeah theres alot more with a good tune. Pretty much I am tuned for safe WOT but not tuned for the most power. I can live with that for a while till I get some money and find someone that can do the job. I have more power then I need right now. I wish My dumb *** would of changed the eboost setting before all the dyno runs. Well you live and learn.
Old 08-14-2005, 09:15 PM
TECH Senior Member

Like I said up top, simple manual boost controller for me....all those features on eboost just put me off even more

I agree, you are tuned safe(and tuned) Save up some more cash and get another tune and the correct boost settings and let it run

I'm just running off WG for now, until I get my fuel issue solved with new lines.
Hope to give you some company real soon numbers wise Pat.
J

Quick Reply: Phamspeed Dyno #'s