Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

nx-sprayer + meth inj on turbo ls1 good or bad?

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2005, 10:13 AM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default nx-sprayer + meth inj on turbo ls1 good or bad?

i have a built bottom end ls1 with a shitty 220/218 cam, stock valved 241 heads.

i was goin to heads/cam/meth/tune it over winter, but between money and desire im thinkin otherwise.

its a turbo car with a fmic. might be a stupid question, but if i put both methenal injection and NX N-Tercooler (intercooler sprayer with nitrous) is that dangerous, or pretty efficient? would i be better off just doin one of the two, or is this a good idea? also planning on upping the boost from 8psi to like 10-12 psi.

goal is obviously to boost the power, but at the same time keep it conservative for what it is (it will obviously be tuned)
Old 08-29-2005, 10:21 AM
TECH Enthusiast

The Ntercooler is garbage and a complete waste of money. If you want safety run meth.
Old 08-29-2005, 10:27 AM
TECH Enthusiast

You should be fine with just the meth and the FMIC. Why waste good nitrous. Your Iats should be plenty low.

12 Psi isnt bad at all unless you have really high CR. I am running 10# with just a FMIC although I hope to do my Alky kit over the winter and bump the boost up for next year.

I ran 10# boost on my old shitty TTI mini intercooler too before i switched to the OBX

What kind of kit do you have? what kind of FMIC? What is your CR?
Old 08-29-2005, 10:35 AM
Closed ex-Sponsor Account

Originally Posted by eviltwins
The Ntercooler is garbage and a complete waste of money. If you want safety run meth.
Sprayer is not gargabe and has a place in the world.. but for this application meth would be a better choice..
Ricky
Old 08-29-2005, 10:42 AM
10 Second Club

i have sts (say what u will) gt67 turbo, 8.65 CR (too low imo), 8psi, OBX 3'' 23X11 (i think), tuned by CARTEK. Julio, who is an amazing tuner, wanted to stop at 8psi cuz he knew my first concern was to be conservative (im a buffalo guy, and i wasted the whole summer cuz i blew my engine in april) my numbers went from 505 on the stock engine, to 440 (now about 480 w/o cats) on the same boost. BUT, the car is way faster cuz its properly tuned.

so u guys really think the NX sprayer is a waste? ive heard great reviews on it (not any on ls1's, but no bad ones either)
Old 08-29-2005, 10:45 AM
10 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

intercooler sprayers are a waste of nitrous. If you want to cool the air charge effeciently, just run a 25 or 30 shot. Spraying n2o on the outside of a motor is just silly.
Old 08-29-2005, 10:48 AM
10 Second Club

i was also thinking down that route.... would a very small shot of nitrous be better than meth? im thinkin it would be more powerful but also more dangerous
Old 08-29-2005, 10:51 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Turbo LS1 SS
i was also thinking down that route.... would a very small shot of nitrous be better than meth? im thinkin it would be more powerful but also more dangerous
Adding nitrous is no different than adding boost. It boosts cylinder pressures and makes more power. Methanol is on a completely different plane, it adds octane so you can run higher cylinder pressures safely, allowing you to run more boost and timing. Parish just made over 1000 RWHP on 92 octane pump gas and meth through a 4L80E, there isn't a chance in hell he could have done that if he got rid of the meth and tried to spray it.

Quick Reply: nx-sprayer + meth inj on turbo ls1 good or bad?