Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Katrina took my car so bye bye FI ;-( - Arkangel's Farewell

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2005, 11:45 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Im sorry to hear about your losses.... Ive already donated $75 and I wish there was something I could give you personally.

I have a really good friend that is from N.O. Hes in Little Rock Arkansas right now at a Red Cross shelter.

My thoughts are with you.
Old 09-02-2005, 12:30 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Armageddon
^lol... that would just make a deeper hole further below sea level for those retards to try and build a city in.
exactly, nuke it, let the water fill it up and build a city above sea level, that and no "escape from LA" in our country! another thing that really gets to me is this: what in the hell is up with out government?! all they care about is iraq, and other things outside of our country. i feel very bad for our guys over there and also for the good people that are out there and put into a horrible situation by this catastrophe. i am rarely one to openly involve myself in what is going on in the world or the country, however this truly has me disturbed, i have even given up watching american choppers, top gear, and American hotrod for over a week just to watch CNN!

Afterall is said and done i truly am sorry for all of the good people out there that have been devastated by this and i hope nothing but the best for you.

Louie
Old 09-02-2005, 01:01 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My prayers are with you Jah Rastafari
Old 09-02-2005, 01:41 AM
TECH Addict

as long as you and your family is ok, then everything will be ok, if your car is still there whenever you get back, drain the fluids, let the machine dry out good, refill and I bet money she'll start right up......

as for those looters..... WTF, somebody seriously needs to go f them up, the national guard carry's friggin m4's or something right?, I'm sure its been a while since they shot at anything besides non moving targets, they should have some fun doing the exterminating...
Old 09-02-2005, 05:29 AM
11 Second Club

Good luck man and don't worry...the Marines are on their way down soon to put a stop to all that looting and restore order
Old 09-02-2005, 09:55 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I think that from what I have heard from the guys down there, the Miliytary is on the way. I think it took them by suprise and they are doing the best they can! At least that is my hope and I am praying for a lot of hevy hitters to start laying the smack down soon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Man there is so much bad stuff going on they need to start taking a verry hard stance.

They have deputised and armed the Firemen -because they are getting shot at-! As the water goes down the looters are gettin into more and more stuff. They are talking about floding the area I live in on purpose to try and drain the city. There are roumers that we may never be able to go home because the area may be TOXIC when its all said and done? I dont even care about my house but HAVE SO MANNY FRIENDS from the area that I have not heard from. I am verry woried about them. My wife and I would like to go and salvage what we can from the house, after that we dont plan on ever going back!

On a lighter note - Anyone got a reco for me on a nice place to live? Looking for a low chrime - low chance of natural disaster area? At some point our gipsy life style will come to an end and we will settle down somewhere? hanks again for the well wishes Guys.

PS - Pray for the hero's that are still down there fightin for whats right. If you want to do something to help just go threw the red cross and places like that.

Lata Guys, Ark
Old 09-02-2005, 10:01 AM
ESR
LS1TECH Sponsor

Default Texas

Texas kicks A$$.....lol man theres a lot of options here Houston/ SA / Dallas and Austin. I think austin is the nicest honestly but also depends on your work needs.

Originally Posted by Arkangel77
I think that from what I have heard from the guys down there, the Miliytary is on the way. I think it took them by suprise and they are doing the best they can! At least that is my hope and I am praying for a lot of hevy hitters to start laying the smack down soon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Man there is so much bad stuff going on they need to start taking a verry hard stance.

They have deputised and armed the Firemen -because they are getting shot at-! As the water goes down the looters are gettin into more and more stuff. They are talking about floding the area I live in on purpose to try and drain the city. There are roumers that we may never be able to go home because the area may be TOXIC when its all said and done? I dont even care about my house but HAVE SO MANNY FRIENDS from the area that I have not heard from. I am verry woried about them. My wife and I would like to go and salvage what we can from the house, after that we dont plan on ever going back!

On a lighter note - Anyone got a reco for me on a nice place to live? Looking for a low chrime - low chance of natural disaster area? At some point our gipsy life style will come to an end and we will settle down somewhere? hanks again for the well wishes Guys.

PS - Pray for the hero's that are still down there fightin for whats right. If you want to do something to help just go threw the red cross and places like that.

Lata Guys, Ark
Old 09-02-2005, 10:04 AM
SSU'S Vice Mod

Guys some of you may know me and some may not. I live in St Bernard outside of New Orleans. MY House and 2 of my cars and most everything else I own is under several feet of water. WE are hold up in a hotel and my family is fine BUT everything we owned is under water and it may be month’s b4 we can try to return home? Thanks to those of you who have helped me in the past. It will be many years b4 I can ever even think about a rec car again! I have heard it’s so bad down there I may never return. Just cash in the insurance. Pay the Bills and start over somewhere else. What you guys are seeing on the news is propaganda BS!. It’s like a 3rd world county war in the City right now. Armed mobs of looters rapin and killin at will. Dead bodies floating everywhere. The cops where left to fend for themselves with NO leadership or communication. The federal government finally got involved today and they are brining in troops. My cousin is a NOPD Cop and that’s where I am getting the info from. Anyway - that’s enough of my rant. Thanks again for the help in the past guys. Lata, Arkangel77

Godspeed.
Old 09-02-2005, 10:49 AM
10 Second Club

I work for FEMA , more than likely you will eligible for assistance. call this number and register. 1-800-621-3362 The faster you register the faster you'll get assistance.

natural disasters happen everywhere unfortunatey, i would just check the floodplain map wherever you're planning on moving to and check the drainage systems, etc.

Florida's a cool place, just make sure your inland. If you don't mind the climate here, this place is awesome.
Old 09-02-2005, 11:01 AM
Teching In

Ark, sorry to hear about your loss, but I'm almost in the same boat. I live in Long Beach, MS. Everything was wiped out worse then Camille. Fortunately I still have my car, my family, and my house. We were blessed, but I am definately feeling your pain. I'm experiencing the disaster along with you. Best of luck to you and hopefully gas doesn't get much more higher or it won't do me any good that i still have my car.
Old 09-02-2005, 11:07 AM
Teching In

Had to reply and at least give you some hope. Up here at one of the GM training centers, we had a donor car from the Miss. area during the "Great flood." The thing of it was, that there was no water inside the engine. It was bone dry. The theory was that since the intake and exhaust was almost at the same level, that as the water rose, the pressure equalized and thus made an air pocket inside the engine. All they did was drain the fluids and replace them, as well as the plugs and ignition. The thing fired right up and purred like a kitten. Hopefully you can pick up where you left off and get back to a normal life. We're all praying for you.
Old 09-02-2005, 11:18 AM
TECH Fanatic

Lata Guys, Ark
I recommend the Austin area, it's an awesome area except for the traffic. Round rock is cool it's just north of there
Old 09-02-2005, 11:47 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by half-n-half
exactly, nuke it, let the water fill it up and build a city above sea level, that and no "escape from LA" in our country! another thing that really gets to me is this: what in the hell is up with out government?! all they care about is iraq, and other things outside of our country. i feel very bad for our guys over there and also for the good people that are out there and put into a horrible situation by this catastrophe. i am rarely one to openly involve myself in what is going on in the world or the country, however this truly has me disturbed, i have even given up watching american choppers, top gear, and American hotrod for over a week just to watch CNN!

Afterall is said and done i truly am sorry for all of the good people out there that have been devastated by this and i hope nothing but the best for you.

Louie
I think it is about time our government realizes that we need to take care of our own. We have the best equipped and best trained military in the world and where are most of us? I can watch some news from over here and it infuriates me to see how low the human race can stoop and take advantage of a horrible situation. I mean, rapes and murders inside the superdome? Hunting down cops and firemen that are trying to help? We would be glad to leave Iraq and go to Louisiana to protect the innocent civilians that just want a chance to regroup and start over. We are already trained and battle tested for the last 10 months.

Ark, I am sorry for you losses. I am glad you and your family got out of there in time. Iraq does not seem so bad now that I hear and see what has happened to so many families across the south. You are in our thoughts and prayers here.

Last edited by NXZ28; 09-02-2005 at 11:54 AM.
Old 09-02-2005, 12:01 PM
On The Tree

Lata Guys, Ark
You are always welcome here in Memphis, TN!!! I am praying for you buddy. I am praying for everyone there! May God bless you.
Old 09-02-2005, 12:14 PM
12 Second Club

if u dont want any natural disasters and nice location, well i would say cali. but if your going to getting another car anytime soon (besides earthquakes and those dont happen much, and when they do they are kinda fun haha), just keep in mind we have tree hugging ****'s for smog officials. Good luck bro thats some terrible ****, and after we helped so many countries after a big disaster we will see nothing from no one.
Old 09-02-2005, 12:15 PM
*Suspended Sponsor*

I am terribly sorry to hear about your misfortune as well as that of many many others in that area. I have donated to the Red Cross and am going to do something here to help you out as I know what it is like to have your back against the wall. I am going to donate to you a complete hot side to our Hi Flo Turbo Systems "Street Killer" system. I know you may not need it for your car at the moment, but there are many members of this board that would like to purchase it. Our policy is and shall remain that we do not sell just hot parts or cold parts. I would suggest you auction it off or sell it outright and give half to a charitable organization involved in the relief/rescue effort and keep the other half to help get your life back on track. You can reach me at the shop at 1-847-640-7305.

Last edited by Hi-Flo Turbo Inc.; 09-02-2005 at 12:26 PM.
Old 09-02-2005, 12:46 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by NXZ28
I think it is about time our government realizes that we need to take care of our own. We have the best equipped and best trained military in the world and where are most of us? I can watch some news from over here and it infuriates me to see how low the human race can stoop and take advantage of a horrible situation. I mean, rapes and murders inside the superdome? Hunting down cops and firemen that are trying to help? We would be glad to leave Iraq and go to Louisiana to protect the innocent civilians that just want a chance to regroup and start over. We are already trained and battle tested for the last 10 months.

Ark, I am sorry for you losses. I am glad you and your family got out of there in time. Iraq does not seem so bad now that I hear and see what has happened to so many families across the south. You are in our thoughts and prayers here.
its a sad day in america when we have to use the army on our own people
Old 09-02-2005, 12:50 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Hi-Flo Turbo Inc.
I am terribly sorry to hear about your misfortune as well as that of many many others in that area. I have donated to the Red Cross and am going to do something here to help you out as I know what it is like to have your back against the wall. I am going to donate to you a complete hot side to our Hi Flo Turbo Systems "Street Killer" system. I know you may not need it for your car at the moment, but there are many members of this board that would like to purchase it. Our policy is and shall remain that we do not sell just hot parts or cold parts. I would suggest you auction it off or sell it outright and give half to a charitable organization involved in the relief/rescue effort and keep the other half to help get your life back on track. You can reach me at the shop at 1-847-640-7305.

That right there, is prob one of the nicest things on the board ive seen

Thats a very good way to show how good of a company you are too, marketing wise
Old 09-02-2005, 01:19 PM
Staging Lane

Ark, why don't you post up what you do for a living. Maybe someone from the Ls1tech can help you with finding a job. From there you can work on a new home.

Sorry to hear about everything and good luck
Old 09-02-2005, 01:32 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by smokinHawk
its a sad day in america when we have to use the army on our own people
100%

Quick Reply: Katrina took my car so bye bye FI ;-( - Arkangel's Farewell