Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Katrina took my car so bye bye FI ;-( - Arkangel's Farewell

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2005, 10:47 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Katrina took my car so bye bye FI ;-( - Arkangel's Farewell

Guys some of you may know me and some may not. I live in St Bernard outside of New Orleans. MY House and 2 of my cars and most everything else I own is under several feet of water. WE are hold up in a hotel and my family is fine BUT everything we owned is under water and it may be month’s b4 we can try to return home? Thanks to those of you who have helped me in the past. It will be many years b4 I can ever even think about a rec car again! I have heard it’s so bad down there I may never return. Just cash in the insurance. Pay the Bills and start over somewhere else. What you guys are seeing on the news is propaganda BS!. It’s like a 3rd world county war in the City right now. Armed mobs of looters rapin and killin at will. Dead bodies floating everywhere. The cops where left to fend for themselves with NO leadership or communication. The federal government finally got involved today and they are brining in troops. My cousin is a NOPD Cop and that’s where I am getting the info from. Anyway - that’s enough of my rant. Thanks again for the help in the past guys. Lata, Arkangel77
Old 08-31-2005, 10:49 PM
12 Second Club

good luck 2 you with everything
Old 08-31-2005, 10:50 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

take care of yourself, thank goodness you only lost your car and house and not any life.

good luck with everything! I hope you can recover quickly.

my dad is in ocean springs but luckily he was spared total destruction of his home but he says it's like nothing you can ever imagine down there. just complete complete destruction.
Old 08-31-2005, 11:00 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Good luck with everything... Sorry to hear what you're going through.. I can't even imagine man... I really can't.. Good luck and you and everyone else dealing with that is in my prayers
Old 08-31-2005, 11:03 PM
TECH Fanatic

I know it does sorta lose its meaning after hearing it a few times but....good luck and like everyone has already said you can rebuild a house or car or anything but life.
Old 08-31-2005, 11:48 PM
ESR
LS1TECH Sponsor

Default ......

Sorry to hear it man ive talked to you in the past..........Good luck

Originally Posted by Arkangel77
Guys some of you may know me and some may not. I live in St Bernard outside of New Orleans. MY House and 2 of my cars and most everything else I own is under several feet of water. WE are hold up in a hotel and my family is fine BUT everything we owned is under water and it may be month’s b4 we can try to return home? Thanks to those of you who have helped me in the past. It will be many years b4 I can ever even think about a rec car again! I have heard it’s so bad down there I may never return. Just cash in the insurance. Pay the Bills and start over somewhere else. What you guys are seeing on the news is propaganda BS!. It’s like a 3rd world county war in the City right now. Armed mobs of looters rapin and killin at will. Dead bodies floating everywhere. The cops where left to fend for themselves with NO leadership or communication. The federal government finally got involved today and they are brining in troops. My cousin is a NOPD Cop and that’s where I am getting the info from. Anyway - that’s enough of my rant. Thanks again for the help in the past guys. Lata, Arkangel77
Old 09-01-2005, 12:07 AM
Launching!

Cars come and go, but families are eternal! Goodluck, it won't be easy, but it gets better over time.
Old 09-01-2005, 12:15 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Man Ark, thats sucks to hear Glad you and your Family are all right. I'm sure you'll be back around after everything gets settled. Try coming out to the southwest...won't have to worry about flooding and ill weather anymore. Be safe bro.
J
Old 09-01-2005, 12:23 AM
...with cheese.

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hey bud, we've been through good and bad on this board... spent a lot of money on different things. When I started seeing the stuff going on around there and got a feel of the devistation and all that crap... it really is an eye opener to how quickly your life can be changed. I wish you guys the best of course and if there is anything any of us can do let us know. We are a community after all. Just like a big ugly family. Except for PurEvl... we all know he's a pretty boy, but anyway... wish you the best man. God bless.

PS. When you do get a hold of your car be sure to dump the water out of the STS piping, I hear those things like to suck it up more than Zombie. I'll leave you with a smile.

Cya man

-Andy
Old 09-01-2005, 12:56 AM
TECH Regular

Man thats terrible. Glad ur family is together and ok. My Prayers are with all you guys down there. Update us on how ur doing if you can down the road.
Old 09-01-2005, 12:59 AM
11 Second Club

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Default LS1 is tough

Maybe you can take the insurance money and buy back your own car. Then you can gut the interior and turn it into a full blown race car!

Seriously, I wish there was something I could do besides donate money to the Red Cross. I'd like to see the "truth" that's going on there because the mass media has given us a santitized glimpse of the real goings on there.

Stay safe my brother.
Old 09-01-2005, 01:05 AM
TECH Regular

Best wishes man! It is a very sad ordeal - all of it...

Patrick
Old 09-01-2005, 02:07 AM
TECH Addict

I want to go into tears thinking bout what you've lost along with everyone. You have to start over. I too wish I could help more than donate to the red cross.
ark I very sorry for your loss. Come out this way and start a life. If you ever need anything just ask. I'll be glad to come down and help you clean up some.
Old 09-01-2005, 03:24 AM
Restricted User

I cant say anything much different, than whats already been said by everyone above. Wish you the best and glad to know the family is safe.
Old 09-01-2005, 06:08 AM
TECH Resident

Damn man, sorry to hear that.

If there is anything I can help you with, just let me know. Things will get better. Glad to hear that you and your family are alright. Items can always be replaced.
Old 09-01-2005, 06:47 AM
TECH Resident

I have seen flooding on a smaller scale here in Eastern NC when hurricane Floyd came a few years ago. I lost a lot things myself.

Best of luck to you, keep us up to date man.
Old 09-01-2005, 06:54 AM
10 Second Club

could be a blessing in disguise. I'd get vaccinated asap. There is a lot of contamination in the waters and they'll be a lot of disease developing soon. Stay outta that water!
Old 09-01-2005, 07:00 AM
Launching!

Sorry to hear about your loss, but glad you're safe and with your family. If I can help just say so. Hey we all gotta lokk out for each other on here. Once you enter this family there ain't no gettin' out.
Old 09-01-2005, 07:05 AM
Teching In

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Dont know what to say, good luck, glad the fam is ok.
My bro is in Stuart Fl. they got hit twice in a row, had to close his bike shop.
He's open again, took alot of help. That was a sun shower compaired to what you guys are going through. When you get back to building another ride, well be here to help. Good luck.
Old 09-01-2005, 07:59 AM
TECH Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

man im sorry to hear. You just keep your head up and keep in touch here we are not goin anywhere. and you will get back into the game if your heart desire. Keep us posted on whats goin on cause i been watching the news as much as i can

Last edited by bumpin_records; 09-01-2005 at 06:28 PM.

Quick Reply: Katrina took my car so bye bye FI ;-( - Arkangel's Farewell