PTK, how stable are they?

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2007, 03:40 PM
Performance Trucks Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I did, I can

Originally Posted by Spambell
Guys,

Most of the guys that talk negitivly about us have never bought our products and have no experience with us.

Dalton Campbell
Pro Turbo Systems.LLC
210-657-2076
Old 10-11-2007, 04:06 PM
TECH Senior Member

Necroposty!

PTK is no longer a sponsor here.

It took my buddy over 6 months to get his plain vanilla T76 kit from PTK. This was after he waited 4+ months for Hi Flo (remember them?) to deliver a kit and he cancelled. The whole experience pissed him off to the point where after he got the PTK kit, he sold everything including the car. Gone.

I didn't know PTK was still building kits.

This thread will probably be locked soon.
Old 10-11-2007, 04:08 PM
TECH Fanatic

**** PTK and anyone associated with them.

We ordered a wastegate and a few odds and ends MONTHS ago, never recieved a thing. We called about a month and a half ago and asked what's up, and they apologized and promised it would be shipped by the end of that week. Here we are with no parts and no money. We're out $600 as of right now, but the credit card company will be refunding us and going after them to get their money back.

Here's my thread on turbo-mustangs: http://www.theturboforums.com/smf/in...?topic=95839.0

Read that thread, then read through that sponsor feedback forum a little. They have no good reviews. One guy got his **** on time...But everyone else is missing parts, entire kits, etc.

If you have money to waste, feel free to order from these hicks.
Old 10-11-2007, 04:11 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Do you mind me asking who that was or user name b/c I bought a PTK kit from a guy on here with only 500 miles on it and than he sold the car shortly after he took it all off. I have the kit now in my garage and will be installing it this winter, it looks like a great system. Turbo has been upgraded to a 80gts and also has there a2w intercooler as well. Should be fun, can't wait, its going on a 408 too
Old 10-11-2007, 04:41 PM
TECH Senior Member

My buddy never installed the kit. Sold it brand new. Sold his brand new never run engine also. Sold the car, etc. He's out of the game.
Old 10-11-2007, 05:06 PM
TECH Resident

Wow, posts from the great beyond. Looking at my old post in this thread, I can officially say that it took about two years to sort out all of issues on my car (knock on wood, running just fine right now). Some of the problems were associated with the kit itself (burning wires, cooling problems, alternator relocation, squashing the crossover pipe) and some were related to the power that it made (new forged 346, rebuilt T56). Dalton promised me a long time ago that he'd refund me the money I had to spend for a couple of decent pusher fans (the ones that came with the kit were pathetic) and he never came through. If you were lucky enough to get somebody on the phone they were always great to talk to... but obviously their word is for ****.

Interesting to see that these problems are present with the Mustang crowd; I always assumed that PTK was playing nice with those guys (their core customers) and didn't care about anybody from the GM side. Guess not, sadly.
Old 10-11-2007, 05:43 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Well we had warnings about dealing with PTK, but some of you had to go and do business with them anyway, so I'm not suprised by this latest post.
Nineball even went as far to have PTK show up as *** for awhile.

Support your sponsors to the right, there are quite a few who can deliver an awesome turbo kit for a great price.

You are alone with your dealings with PTK as they are not a sponsor here. Good luck with getting this transaction resolved.
LOCKED.

Quick Reply: PTK, how stable are they?