Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

FFHP T76 single turbo Corvette kit

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2005, 11:02 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by XJGPN
I hope that didn't come off as an insult... The cerra turbo setup was very compact. It appeared less intrusive (probably not the best choice of words.. makes it sounds like I prefer it in some way, which is absolutely not the case).. whereas yours just seems "bigger" in all dimensions between the long seperate primaries and the routing of everything up top whereas the Cerra kit used a tiny restrictive poorly made log.

not taken as an insult at all. i look for people like you. people like you help us to make a better kit that more people would want to have.
Old 09-26-2005, 07:23 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Demon SS
ask and you shall recieve
Ok, I ask that you have this ready before the new KB twin screw! You may have changed my mine on the KB. Is the end of the year an accurate time for you? If possible, please include some type of instruction sheet for us DIYs. Very nice setup!!! I finally chose the KB but am concerned of the prices and I really want a turbo but there is no need for twins on the street so you are da man! Bring it, bring it! Gonna look nice with the jet hot treatment on all the pipes. Lemme know if I can come out there and help. Even though I don't know about turbo fabrication, I can at least move garbage out the way so this goes into production quicker... Also, it would also be good for you to have yours out before STS as I heard they have a single coming out.
Old 09-26-2005, 07:52 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Cajundude
Ok, I ask that you have this ready before the new KB twin screw! You may have changed my mine on the KB. Is the end of the year an accurate time for you? If possible, please include some type of instruction sheet for us DIYs. Very nice setup!!! I finally chose the KB but am concerned of the prices and I really want a turbo but there is no need for twins on the street so you are da man! Bring it, bring it! Gonna look nice with the jet hot treatment on all the pipes. Lemme know if I can come out there and help. Even though I don't know about turbo fabrication, I can at least move garbage out the way so this goes into production quicker... Also, it would also be good for you to have yours out before STS as I heard they have a single coming out.
we are expecting to run the first sale very soon. we want to test it for a few weeks to make sure there will be no problems at all. we have most of what we need worked out now it is just getting the rest of the parts and fishing it up and testing it. when is the KB twin screw coming out. i am so busy i dont really keep up on some of these things.

Thanks
Brad
Old 09-26-2005, 07:55 AM
Restricted User

KB is expected to come out late November according to the latest rumor.
Old 09-26-2005, 08:26 AM
On The Tree

Yea, it was Oct 1, then Nov. 1, now late Nov. It's gonna **** people off if they do what they did with the Lightning crowd. It kept going like that for 2 years I believe.
Old 09-26-2005, 08:48 AM
TECH Resident

Yea, it was Oct 1, then Nov. 1, now late Nov. It's gonna **** people off if they do what they did with the Lightning crowd. It kept going like that for 2 years I believe.

mine will definetly be out in november if not a little sooner.
Old 09-26-2005, 09:14 AM
Restricted User

You are correct. They probably like all the hype around their product.
Old 09-26-2005, 11:06 AM
Flossin' twin turbos

i would be interested in a kit for camaro and vette. would anything else need to be relocated?
Old 09-27-2005, 10:29 PM
9 Second Club

Damn, I was going to take a winter off from making any major changes but this has me thinking..... Gonna be the best priced C5 set-up if you can keep it down where estimated Picking up the wifes C5 on Thursday, huummm, think she'd notice this under the hood?? Will be watching for numbers.
Old 09-28-2005, 12:06 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I checked with a few different turbo companies including Phamspeed (they are local) and they acted like I was an idiot for wanting a single turbo setup in my Z06, and there was no room for it in the vette.

If you can get a kit out the door that makes good power and is under or at 5k I'll have some LG's with CATS, and a TRAP intake for sale

Thanks again for developing this and not charging a Vette tax!!! I'll be keeping and eye on the development of this kit!!

Also as some have said it gets very hot behind the radiator that would be my only suggestion is if possible to get the intake in front....IF not, hell if it makes good power on pump gas with a tune I don't see anyone caring
Old 09-28-2005, 08:41 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by 93TAWicked1
THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I checked with a few different turbo companies including Phamspeed (they are local) and they acted like I was an idiot for wanting a single turbo setup in my Z06, and there was no room for it in the vette.

If you can get a kit out the door that makes good power and is under or at 5k I'll have some LG's with CATS, and a TRAP intake for sale

Thanks again for developing this and not charging a Vette tax!!! I'll be keeping and eye on the development of this kit!!

Also as some have said it gets very hot behind the radiator that would be my only suggestion is if possible to get the intake in front....IF not, hell if it makes good power on pump gas with a tune I don't see anyone caring
it was a battle to say the least to get everything to fit right. we have had to change the designs several times in the last 2 months inorder to get everything to fit the way we want/needs to fit. i always used to think it was impossible until i tried it. once we figured it out it was very easy.

we see no reason to charge a vette tax. we opur selves have vettes and we know what a pain in the butt it is to buy the same product but for 30-40% more than what the fellow f body enthusiast pays.

we have also changed the set up with the intake. in does now require relocating the horns up about 4 inches but it now puts the intake infront of the radiator. once we get a little further along with the progress we will post a few more pictures.
Old 09-28-2005, 09:10 AM
Flossin' twin turbos

damn i can't sleep i want one now
Old 09-29-2005, 10:44 AM
KJ
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Demon SS
mine will definetly be out in november if not a little sooner.
Very nice set up!! A customer of mine sent me a link to this post, and says he's ready for one on his 402!! When you get pricing available shoot me a pm if you don't mind. I can't wait to see what kind of power we can put down with your turbo & our 402!! Very nice work guys!!
Old 09-29-2005, 11:33 AM
Restricted User

He's probably looking at an easy 700-750rwhp on 16-18 lbs. of boost. He will need some sticky tires next.
Old 09-29-2005, 12:36 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by KJ@SDPC
Very nice set up!! A customer of mine sent me a link to this post, and says he's ready for one on his 402!! When you get pricing available shoot me a pm if you don't mind. I can't wait to see what kind of power we can put down with your turbo & our 402!! Very nice work guys!!

thanks for the kind words. once we have the price available we will let you guys know. we are hoping to be done in the next two weeks. we were shooting for the end of next week but the intercooler we had made wasnt the way we were wanting so now we changed the location of the air intake and had another intercooler designed that is smaller and nets alot more flow and only a .2 PSI drop and will support up to 1000hp and flows 1500 cfm. but we will soon have numbers. we are like little kids around waiting for it to get done. every day we wait for ups man to bring us more goodies. lol
Old 09-29-2005, 03:47 PM
On The Tree

Subscribing!!

This is def. next on my very long mod list.
Old 10-05-2005, 11:43 AM
TECH Senior Member

What turbo options are available with this kit?

I have a mild stall (3000 stall) and 2.73 gears. I'd like something that spools VERY quickly and makes great power under the curve from 2000-6000rpm. How do you think a T67 would spool and what power potential? (Say 8-10#s) boost?

Stock motor with tuning and valvespring upgrade only, Walbro pump and 42# injectors

Would 550RWHP/550RWTQ be out of the question?

Chris
Old 10-09-2005, 10:46 AM
Teching In

Any new updates ?
Old 10-13-2005, 12:18 PM
TECH Resident

we are currently beefing up the engine to handle some boost. we want to see what it will do on low and high levels of boost. my custom pistons just showed up today so hopefully we will get to boosting soon.
Old 10-18-2005, 11:55 AM
Staging Lane

looks great cant wait to see it coated!!! any confirmed pricing yet?
-jonny

Quick Reply: FFHP T76 single turbo Corvette kit