Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

New BLOCK and HEADS from World Products !!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2005, 08:27 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by kp
Yup kind of like a BBC vs DRCE or street hemi vs KB. Once you move out of OE blocks and heads you are into real race stuff and the prices will even out with any other 'real' race parts anyhow since its all low volume.

Honestly I dont know how much of a market there will be for high dollar Gen III race stuff with so much SBC and BBC stuff out there already. It has to be rough for the aftermarket when GM comes out with a titanium rodded 500+fwhp dry sumped 427 production motor so how much cooler can that can you get really. Only problem is the $70,000.00 shipping container it comes in

The heads will be the key, but heck if they can just copy a C5R head and add 5 bolts without getting into screwy valve gear/intake manifolds it will be a hit for the true 'LS1' guys.
I totally agree, race parts cost a ton on matter what you do. There is going to be a market, once racers realize these motors are as stout as they are they will be willing to move over o these motors, especially since the heads flow so well.

I mean the stock heads (when ported right) can flow more than some afermarket SBC heads. with alot of work these heads have the potential to flow well over 400cfm at .600

in the end we'll just have to and think about what we'll buy. since hte stock units are so much better than say fords units we have an advantage and the market is going to be smaller. a 5.0 block breaks at 500rwhp, we dont have that prolem
ed
Old 10-05-2005, 08:57 PM
Launching!

Forgive me, but I think I'll stick with the good ole' cheap $300 6.0 iron block for my 1000+rwhp drag car.
Old 10-05-2005, 09:41 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by kp
Only problem is the $70,000.00 shipping container it comes in
Could there even be a better reason to spend $70,000? Best bang for the buck ever!!
Old 10-05-2005, 10:22 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by libertine1015
Could there even be a better reason to spend $70,000? Best bang for the buck ever!!
lets not say buck when something costs 70k

it is a good performance DEAL if you have the bucks

ed
Old 10-06-2005, 12:13 AM
On The Tree

I don't understand the need for an aftermarket block that doesn't accept stock heads. If you need 5 head bolts just buy a SBC block and some of the many, many high flowig heads that are offered. ****, I have seen a complete SB2.2 set up ( complete heads with valvetrain, offset lifters, timing chain, intake, valley cover and hardware) for $2500 and they will flow 400+ CFM

Tim
Old 10-06-2005, 12:28 AM
Teching In

i was told by an unnamed sorce that the block will be priced right around $3500
and capable of handling 2ooo plus hp
Old 10-06-2005, 07:30 AM
TECH Resident

The guys that say they don't see a need for the 5 bolts/cylinder block are CLEARLY not the intended market! Yes a $300 iron block will work for reaching 1000 hp. For the hard core guys which want to make even more power with incredible cylinder pressures and want to use a light weight block... I have to think a $3500 aftermarket aluminum block which will handle a couple thousand hp is a nice option to have.

I don't think hard core racers are going to be the only buyers of these blocks. Assuming the blocks have all of the accessory holes and bosses taped just like a production block, I see quite a few guys using these WP blocks on the street. Not everyone is okay with adding the additional weight of the iron block to the nose of their car (me for one!) It might be hard to believe, but some guys like their cars to turn and brake as well as they accelerate. For example, what Z06 owner wants to go over to an iron block to handle big power reliably? Just a guess, but I'm going to say more than a couple of these new blocks end up in bad-azz street cars. I for one and willing to pay more of an alloy block that can handle a **** load of power AND I don't have to worry about the cylinders going out of round after a season of heavy FI use. Hell, the added insurance of the super rigid block alone makes it a no brainer for me... adding 5 bolts per cylinder is only a bonus!

I suspect this new block is going to be the cat's azz and I'll bet is solves a lot of fundamental problems with the current LSx engines.

And yes, I've also heard the heads are going to flow like a ***** out of the box. We'll know in less than a month.
Old 10-06-2005, 08:19 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i hope what they say is true, i know i would get one, light weight, hopefully a bigger bore, id love to run a 370 or bigger. And the 5 bolt per cylinder would make this well worth over an ls2 for those street aplications seeking 1000rwhp or more.
i know the ohio boys have problems with the heads weeping out water on their 30psi passes, when you run that much HP on the current blocks coolant comes out, no way around it, until now it looks like.

as long as i can afford it id get one.
Old 10-06-2005, 08:34 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1,441 Likes on 909 Posts

Originally Posted by Camaro_Zach
so...pissed off.....my car fuggin sucks now....and its not even done yet....god dammit
Lets not be so dramatic Zach..

Andrew
Old 10-06-2005, 09:19 AM
Staging Lane

People are paying $6500 for a C5R block. You will be able to get a WP block and heads for less. Like it or not the Lsx engines are the future and the new cars will need an engine to handle the power that people want. Who would want to put a sbc in a new Zo6 or anything else for that matter to get 5 bolt per cyl? If you have ever seen a WP block they are a work of art.
Old 10-06-2005, 09:34 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Project GatTagO
Lets not be so dramatic Zach..

Andrew

man, if you only knew. i will be in touch with you shortly, tell you my new plans (so long as they go through)
Old 10-06-2005, 10:35 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by 1997 vet
People are paying $6500 for a C5R block. You will be able to get a WP block and heads for less. Like it or not the Lsx engines are the future and the new cars will need an engine to handle the power that people want. Who would want to put a sbc in a new Zo6 or anything else for that matter to get 5 bolt per cyl? If you have ever seen a WP block they are a work of art.
Old 10-06-2005, 12:34 PM
TECH Resident

I would have prefered a six bolt head...

Like the aftermarket BBC's run..
Old 10-06-2005, 01:19 PM
Teching In

a six bolt head is simply not needed and adds extra weight and expense to the process. they have solved the problem of the heads picking up with just 5 so they felt that was the way to go.

and as i hear it it will have all the accesory options of the ls1
Old 10-06-2005, 01:24 PM
TECH Resident

I think that the 6 bolt would have a more uniform bore distortion than the 5 bolt..

This is the reason why GM went from 5 to 4 head bolts when the advanced from GENII to GENIII engines...

The 6 bolt head would have the best of both worlds.. More strength than 4 bolts just like a 5 bolt head and more uniform bore distortion just like the 4 bolt head.
Old 10-06-2005, 05:51 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Wet 1
The guys that say they don't see a need for the 5 bolts/cylinder block are CLEARLY not the intended market! Yes a $300 iron block will work for reaching 1000 hp. For the hard core guys which want to make even more power with incredible cylinder pressures and want to use a light weight block... I have to think a $3500 aftermarket aluminum block which will handle a couple thousand hp is a nice option to have.
Listen to what I am saying. +1000HP and 30psi= need for hardcore block with 5 bolts to keep it together = WP SBC Aluminum Block

I am trying to say that there is already a great product(s) to fill the roll stated above. Thoes blocks also have many, many high flow heads to choose from also.

LSX motors are great production engines, but if you need more than that there are already products out there to fill the need. I love what W2W is doing with their LSX engine program, because without companies like this we wouldn't be where we are today with the LSX platform.

Thanks.

Tim
Old 10-06-2005, 06:10 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by N20Silverado
Listen to what I am saying. +1000HP and 30psi= need for hardcore block with 5 bolts to keep it together = WP SBC Aluminum Block

I am trying to say that there is already a great product(s) to fill the roll stated above. Thoes blocks also have many, many high flow heads to choose from also.

LSX motors are great production engines, but if you need more than that there are already products out there to fill the need. I love what W2W is doing with their LSX engine program, because without companies like this we wouldn't be where we are today with the LSX platform.

Thanks.

Tim
Um not really... I know of a car with 4 bolt heads pushing psi in the 40# range and making over 1,000 hp.... It has ARP head bolts and a SCE copper headgasket.....

Its a 2.0 four cylinder...

I know another one with even more power that just ran 7.9 in the 1/4 on a 2.0 4banger with 4 ARP studs surrounding each cylinder...

I really think you guys underestimate what can be done with the LSX platform..

I am guessing the WP block is a hybrid... Gen III block bottom mold grafted to the world products gen I sbc cylinder bank & valley mold... Then they came up with a 5 bolt head with LSX ports on it...

Last edited by V8_DSM_V8again; 10-06-2005 at 06:27 PM.
Old 10-06-2005, 06:27 PM
TECH Fanatic

Looks like my 5 second GEN III might become a reality sooner than I thought.

BLOWN NITRO RULES!
Old 10-06-2005, 07:15 PM
TECH Veteran

well now w2w can build a race car that wont need a coolant bov. personally i think this will end up as a pro-mod/pro-stock type setup
Old 10-06-2005, 07:19 PM
TECH Veteran

ps- the wp block will prolly be able to handle upwards of 3-4k even 5k hp..

Quick Reply: New BLOCK and HEADS from World Products !!!