Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

SC reliability which is best?

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2002, 11:11 PM
TECH Regular

Received 44 Likes on 37 Posts

Default SC reliability which is best?

I have an LS1 T56 powered 88 Turbo RX7 that I drive everyday and I love it. I am in the process of gathering all of the parts for my next project an LS1 3rd gen RX. As with all projects I need to make this one faster, but I dont want to lose the reliability of the LS1(the best damn engine GM or anybody else has ever made) I am leaning toward a supercharger as opposed to head porting, and a rough idling cam etc. How reliable are these SC's and which is the best one? Above and beyond the kit what else do you need to do to make it work? The motor I have now puts 315 to the wheels and the driveability is great, I would like to put 100 more to the wheels on the next one, but once it is together I would rather drive it than work on it. What do you guys think the best method is? thanks for the input
Old 07-15-2002, 09:47 AM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Default Re: SC reliability which is best?

Go to my website in my siggy to se what I think of the ATI Procharger, enhanced with Golden West Performance Stage II Fuel System and Programming

<small>[ July 15, 2002, 09:48 AM: Message edited by: Black LS1 T/A ]</small>
Old 07-15-2002, 01:14 PM
TECH Regular

great website thanks for the info. How is the reliability of the unit? How muckh tuning have you had to do to get it where it is? Thanks and keep the info coming.
Old 07-15-2002, 04:16 PM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Try this thread about tuning:

GWP Stage II Air/Fuel ratio
http://www.ls1.com/forums/showthread...eferrerid=9599
Old 07-15-2002, 08:47 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you have enough hood clearance go with the magna charger. They are just starting to put them on vettes(ls1 & ls6)with tremendous success. A guy on zo6vette.com is making 450hp to the rear wheels and remember this is a roots style so your power is right now!!
Old 07-17-2002, 09:19 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I wouldnt go the blower route. You can hit 440RWHP through a HCI package from ARE, GTP, MTI etc.
with a XE-R 224/224 114LSA cam or similar you will idle near stock at 950rpms and make KILLER Horsepower without the tuning issues, fueling issues, and blower/intercooler placement issues of forced induction.
Much lower cost, much higher reliability.
Cheers,
Chris

ps- In case you are wondering I am an ex forced induction guy. Had two blown F-bods and now am NA.
Cheers!
Old 07-17-2002, 10:03 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by Chris ARE 360:
<strong>ps- In case you are wondering I am an ex forced induction guy. Had two blown F-bods and now am NA. Cheers!</strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Hey Chris,
Could you elaborate why you moved away from FI again?? How close did you watch your tune?
Old 07-17-2002, 09:20 PM
TECH Regular

What made you give up the blower route Chris? How much money to make 440 at the wheels NA and the fuel mileage now? I was looking at the Magnacharger how much taller is it than the stock intake? Thanks for all of the info.

Quick Reply: SC reliability which is best?