Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Will a single T-66 Turbo support 600 rwhp?

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2002, 04:47 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Will a single T-66 Turbo support 600 rwhp?

Im doing a custom turbo setup on my LS1 Swapped 91 corvette. I just flipped some shorty headers upside down, made flanges and doing my own piping. Im running them all to a big single turbo. It will be front mount intercooled (spearco).

I was looking at the T-66, T-72, T-88.
What HP will each turbo support on my stock motor (diamond low compression forged pistons) so i can order the one i need?
Old 10-24-2002, 06:00 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Will a single T-66 Turbo support 600 rwhp?

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by C4VetteLS1:
<strong>Im doing a custom turbo setup on my LS1 Swapped 91 corvette. I just flipped some shorty headers upside down, made flanges and doing my own piping. Im running them all to a big single turbo. It will be front mount intercooled (spearco).

I was looking at the T-66, T-72, T-88.
What HP will each turbo support on my stock motor (diamond low compression forged pistons) so i can order the one i need?</strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">It is best to go with the smallest turbo that reasonably works for your HP requirements. A T-66 supplies more air than a stock LS1 can handle. If you want a street-going turbo, go as small as possible. If you're looking for nothing but strip (4500 stall, or BIG clutch), go to the T-88. It's great if you have a 12-bolt, TH400/Jerico 4-speed, forged bottom-end, and all the money in the world for tuning. You'll get the 9s, or even 8s, that are potentialy possible for a turbo THAT big...

SC

Personally, the T-63 is plenty stout for my stock short-block. It's T-56 junk, crap clutch, and all the rest of the engineering stupidity that goes with the F-Body.

JMO

Quick Reply: Will a single T-66 Turbo support 600 rwhp?