Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Aluminium flywheel & twin plate clutch?

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2003, 01:28 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post

Default Aluminium flywheel & twin plate clutch?

I'v lost details of a dealer contact in the US who was selling aluminium flywheels for the LS1 which were sfi rated. He used to post on ebay last year. I'm also looking for a twin plate clutch for a turbocharged engine to match with the flywheel. Can anybody on the BB make any recommendations based on personal experience? It has to be street friendly and light on the pedal. There was a thread on this subject some time ago but I can't find it. Thanks, Mike.
Old 02-06-2003, 02:41 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Re: Aluminium flywheel & twin plate clutch?

your thinkin of the McLeod Street Twin (comes w/ either steel or aluminum flywheel), mine is on order and should arrive soon, i have heard nothing but good...supposividly only a tad heavier than stock, and if i recall romanss has it in his nitrous fed f-body, and it didnt slip till 900 and somethin rear wheel torque...a few people on this site have it, just do a search for the clutch, you will find out all the info u need
Old 02-06-2003, 02:47 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had the McLeod street twin in my car prior to undergoing the TH400 install.

The clutch performed like a champ. I had the steel flywheel version and it was HEAVY, but it never slipped at all and looked almost brand new when I took it out.

Scott
Incon TT
11.1 @ 127
Old 02-06-2003, 05:12 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post

Thanks for the replies guys. The reason I am stuck is because I have a steel flywheel and twin plate clutch with a valeo pressure plate which I dont recognise. The flywheel wont bolt onto the ls1 crank unless I enlarge one of the bolt holes which would be simple to do. I suspect the flywheel is from a vette (not sure). The flywheel is 153 tooth appx, way smaller then ls1 so I am sure the ls1 starter wont engage with it. I have to either buy a whole new setup and mate it with the ls1 t56 and hydraulics or resolve the starter issue and use the clutch and flywheel that I already have and maybe use an earlier box. Any ideas would be appreciated. I have use the McClouds before and really like them. Thanks, Mike