Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

??What are the test FP's for OEM injectors and aftermarket ones??

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2003, 02:56 PM
9 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default ??What are the test FP's for OEM injectors and aftermarket ones??

I tried a search and came up with nothing.I'm trying to work out the duty cycle of my stock injectors using one of those calculators. The only problem is I don't know at what FP the 28lb/hr injector rating is based on(stock 57 psi?). I know there close to being maxed out with the blower.
Any info on the test pressures of common upgrade injectors (Ford SVO,Lucas,etc) would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Oh,one more question. Are there parameters in a-tap that can be logged to help determine the duty cycle of the injectors? I been basically using it to moniter the l-trims,kr,ait,ct,etc,and don't remember seeing anything. I'm sure I could have missed it though while scrolling down the list. Thanks again.

<small>[ March 06, 2003, 02:59 PM: Message edited by: SSmokin 01 ]</small>
Old 03-06-2003, 06:18 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: ??What are the test FP's for OEM injectors and aftermarket ones??

stock injectors are rated at 58 psig. Other injectors are rated at either 39 psig or 43 psig. Atap does not give duty cycle directly it gives you time the injectors are on (injector pulse width) and as long as you log rpm you can calculate duty cycle. You take the (injector pulse width X rpm)/1200 = duty cycle. You dont want anything above 80% or you risk damaging the injector. The stock injectors dont have much room for expansion, I have 26 lb (99s) on a twin turbo LS1 and am only making 330 fwhp (altitude is 4400 ft here) and the injectors are seeing 87% duty cycles. I have a set of 50 lb to put in. You will get a little more horsepower out of the 28s but not much.

Go to www.rceng.com it has a injector size calculater, it will give a conservative injector size.

Gary
Old 03-06-2003, 09:53 PM
9 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Re: ??What are the test FP's for OEM injectors and aftermarket ones??

Thanks red ws6 99. Exactly the info I was looking for.