Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2005, 01:20 AM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Awesome work guys!!!
Old 12-31-2005, 10:01 AM
SSU Moderator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That's an interesting idea for the kit....where did you get the idea?

Oh yeah...pssst....[see below]

Originally Posted by RyanJ on 11-02-2005, 03:19 PM
I say you use two THICK logs and brace the turbo's to the block. Put the turbo's where the A/C and Alt usually go. use a nice vertical flow bar and plate I/C. I'd also recommend getting with the guys that make that MAFT-Pro and maybe your timing will coincide and you can market that with it. A nice tough twin kit with SD tuning would be the BOMB.
Old 12-31-2005, 10:27 AM
Joel@

Originally Posted by Joel@GMRSPEED
We have the some hot parts done already. Were gonna have to work are butts off ,but I know a reasonable priced kit is needed for the f-body. Any good input would be great.

THanks Joel @GMR
ryanj....Your input was very useful. You had the same idea that we had when we started some of the hot parts about 3 months ago. We really wanted to keep the a/c , but coudn't for this app. That is also why we ask the members of this board for input.....

Thanks Joel@gmr
Old 12-31-2005, 02:01 PM
TECH Apprentice

why not go for more of a CAS design? It just puts the turbos in the opposite positions allowing you to retain everything? Plug changes are not impossible on the CAS setup. It limits you to the amount of turbo used but this is for a streetable kit and 1000 rwhp is not any where near practical for the street. BTW i am not ******* the kit in anyway as i am sure it will make power and looks very well packaged but it definitely wouldn't be for me. I am glad to see that a solid company is taking initiative on F body turbo kits. Are you guys interested in making something that would make less power and keep all accessories?

A lot of people have been having problems with relocating the alt. did you guys address this yet? Would A/C relocation be an option?

Kit looks great so far.

Greg
Old 01-01-2006, 09:12 PM
Joel@

Originally Posted by disassembled
why not go for more of a CAS design? It just puts the turbos in the opposite positions allowing you to retain everything? Plug changes are not impossible on the CAS setup. It limits you to the amount of turbo used but this is for a streetable kit and 1000 rwhp is not any where near practical for the street. BTW i am not ******* the kit in anyway as i am sure it will make power and looks very well packaged but it definitely wouldn't be for me. I am glad to see that a solid company is taking initiative on F body turbo kits. Are you guys interested in making something that would make less power and keep all accessories?

A lot of people have been having problems with relocating the alt. did you guys address this yet? Would A/C relocation be an option?

Kit looks great so far.

Greg
We are talking about making a kit that will retain the a/c. Like you said it will not make the kind of hp that this TT kit will make. It would be a street kit. The only thing is that our single kit can make desent power for the street. I know people like to show the stuff off with twins...so Im not saying that its not a option.
The a/c bracket that we use is very good. We provide full detail on how to install it. It come almost all the way togther for you to install.
thanks Joel
Old 01-01-2006, 10:15 PM
TECH Fanatic

I think that makes perfect sense Joel. Guys who aren't hard core enough to lose the A/C can do your single kit and upgrade to a T76 good for 1000horse and the guys who want to go all out can do the twin kit with T61s or even T67s or so for big displacement. I don't think you can justify building another ls1 twin turbo kit due to the limited market but that is Just My Personal Opinion.
Old 01-03-2006, 02:31 PM
Suspended Sponsor

Default Pricing Released!!

We are releasing the price of the TT kit for the Ls1 f-body. It will include...

2- Precision T-61...that you can upgrade if needed
2- Tial 44mm WG
1-Tial 50mm BOV
304 stainless piping hot&cold
stainless steel t-clamps
4-ply 500deg silicone
Alt bracket
2-k&n air filters
3.5" bar&plate intercooler
MSD wires
DEI boot covers
All bolt&nuts and oil lines

Ready to install and tune, with supporting fuel system upgrade.
Optional boost controller e-boost2 $439.99 if purchased with kit.
Fuel system upgrade...$1249.99

Intro price for the first 10... $6699.99
Old 01-03-2006, 03:26 PM
SSU Moderator

Not bad. Not sure why shops insist on using 304 stainless when coated mild would work better AND be cheaper...but whatever. IMO, switch to mild steel, coat the logs, ditch the MSD wires unless you are using some custom setup length-wise, and offer it w/o turbo's...or at least with Master Power 60-1 or 62-1. Similar power with less cost. You could drop the whole kit a few bucks with those changes.

Actually, you know what you do? You make a wooden model of some cast logs and get them cast in bulk. The placement is right, the material is not. Won't be cheap, but people WILL pay for leak/crack/headache free manifolds.
Old 01-03-2006, 03:27 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by tamanjd
it made 406 rwhp and 475 rwtq and we saw alittle more but it kept blowing through the tranny and converter. I also need valve springs as the boost is holding the open at high rpms. the car was completely stock and i need to get a stronger tranny for it before we put any more tune in it or the trans will be all over the shop. It is running awsome and works great and I coulnt ask for any more from the car especially with no supporting mods yet.
Jason, When are you going to give me a ride in your car?
Old 01-06-2006, 06:12 PM
Joel@

Here are some pics with the cradle and engine in the car. Fits very nice in the engine bay. The turbos are T-61 with a 70a/r S-compressor cover, with 4" in and 2 1/2" out. Theres going to be a FMIC with the kit too.

Old 01-06-2006, 06:35 PM
TECH Fanatic

Looks excellent Joel, keep up the good work guys!

Quick Reply: GMR SPEED twin turbo ......