Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Any research on T3/T4 Hybrid vs T4 turbo flanges?

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2005, 04:16 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

One side of a LS1 is'nt that much different than a 2.3 to 2.5 four.. Anyhow on the import side the trend is towards internal gates that work on T3's... If they wanted the internal gates to work they would have to get the turbine wheel and A/R right for the boost level CFM they will actually be run at... Then its less dependant on having a big gate.. Next you install a larger wastegate flapper which requires porting the wastegate on the turbine housing...

A T3 turbine housing in a TT setup can work just fine on a LS1...

If you look at this turbonetics produced chart..

https://ls1tech.com/forums/attachmen...chmentid=48848

You will notice that a T4 turbine housing and a P-trim wheel is listed in the 250 to 300 cu inch spectrum and I have yet to see a 500-600 cu inch LS1..

My guidelines... Begining of the list... Sized more for a spool concerned person as the list goes on sized more for a dyno nut.

1. T3 turbine housing .63 A/R..
2 T3 turbine housing .82 A/R
3. T4 turbine housing .58 A/R
4. T4 turbine housing .69 A/R

For a veritable sh&t load of info on turbos and superchargers...

http://not2fast.com/turbo/maps/

It has many makes and sizes of turbos listed... I like how they put up turbine maps.. Most people have never seen one..

They need to bone up on the IHI made stuff because that is the big WRX upgrade and STI turbo MFG... They have some larger stuff too that can run right with garret.. Pretty much every garret compressor and turbine wheel anyone here needs has a map up for it there however..

Last edited by V8_DSM_V8again; 12-11-2005 at 06:18 PM.
Old 12-20-2005, 08:36 AM
Shorty Director

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Need to bring this back. Has anyone dyno'd over 1000rwhp with a T3/T4 hybrid turbo combo whether twin or single on a V8? I want links, not names thrown around...

Quick Reply: Any research on T3/T4 Hybrid vs T4 turbo flanges?