Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

turbo kit do i want the ground zero log style

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2005, 06:23 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

you should ask this kid i know named mike, he is doing a twin turbo set up on his 3rd generation, he could teach u alot of things.
Old 12-14-2005, 06:50 PM
TECH Junkie

...teach whom?
Old 12-14-2005, 07:42 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by droptop99
you should ask this kid i know named mike, he is doing a twin turbo set up on his 3rd generation, he could teach u alot of things.
its a joke my buddy has a 3rd gen he's got a 350 w twin t70's ha ha! i wish him luck but i want 5-6 and he thinks he's getting 1000 rw ha ha

Last edited by trever phillips; 12-14-2005 at 08:00 PM.
Old 12-14-2005, 08:38 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by trever phillips
did you tune it your self, that what im most worried about this is first f/inj car and im sick of carbs and not gettind the power! my last car was my first car and i sold me her she had a pump gas 406 507hp 506tq w a broken tranny it made 373 rwhp. the best it ran was 12.3@112 so sold it! camaro turbo project and make some real power oh sold it to my buddy and the motor popped timing was'nt right running no2 and blow a pistion there went the 3rd 400 in that car
i have a buddy that can tune anything and he did it, for free i might add. we didnt get a chance to do a lot of street tuning kept blowing head gaskets, i dunno why.
Old 12-14-2005, 10:55 PM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by V8_DSM_V8again
Then we came up with our own power transistor based fuel pump voltage controller driven by A AEM PWM (pulse width modulation) output.. ..
Sorry I'm late on this, been tied up today...

Where do you get this reference from ? (the PWM signal if you don't know what I mean) If you have to generate it yourself why not just use an analog pressure transducer scaled to your range of output or need? Also, how do you ramp up? Are you using a rough smoothed double inverted sine (or similar), or is a DC2DC unit used? Or is it a double converted switched output setup similar to, for instance, the supplies used in PCs?

No disbelief, I just want to know, I started to build one but ended up buying a boost referenced unit.

....Your question of gyroscopic precession... Since you aren't referring to procession in it's definition of preceding, and obvioulsy not the astronomical definition (although gyration of the earth's poles around the ecliptic is similar) , you must be referring to the term's usage in Physics. If I'm not mistaken, it's the outcome motion of the axis of a rotating body or mass when an outside force is acting on said axis. Since that is the surely the case, labeling it gyroscopic precession is clearly redundant, it's just procession, no need to use the preceding gyroscopic.
Old 12-14-2005, 11:19 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts

I dont do kits.. Every car is diffferent and fabricated individually.

The next will probably be swaping a L98 out of a 92 vette

You mean LT1 not L98 right
Old 12-14-2005, 11:33 PM
NKAWTG...N

Originally Posted by Frost
....Your question of gyroscopic precession... Since you aren't referring to procession in it's definition of preceding, and obvioulsy not the astronomical definition (although gyration of the earth's poles around the ecliptic is similar) , you must be referring to the term's usage in Physics. If I'm not mistaken, it's the outcome motion of the axis of a rotating body or mass when an outside force is acting on said axis. Since that is the surely the case, labeling it gyroscopic precession is clearly redundant, it's just procession, no need to use the preceding gyroscopic.
Well precession (gyroscopic) occurs because there is friction in a gryo. If it was a frictionless gyro there would be no precession.

"Caused by forces applied to the axis of the gyro wheel. These forces are due to small amounts of friction in the gimbal bearings that support the gyro wheel."

Generally precession (in directional compasses) should be less than 3 degrees in 15 minutes.
Old 12-14-2005, 11:45 PM
FormerVendor

It doesn't have to be friction though, that's just one type of force. For instance when you consider planetary procession, the forces are gravity of the sun, moon, etc ... Frictionless procession.... well, even though the frictionless part would be (almost certainly) impossible to acheive, it doesn't mean that there would still be no procession. Procession from fields other than gravitational (magnetic for example), as well as other outside forces cannot be called nonexistent.

All of this aside, what does this have to do with manifolds?
Old 12-15-2005, 12:04 AM
On The Tree

why this thread got off topic?but about a log style turbo kit I think for what you want out of it the gz kit will work just fine.a log wont support 1000hp but then again your not looking for a 1000 hp.if 600rwhp is what you want this kit will work great.and gz is a good comp. that does quality work.and its a good price too!I say go for it!!!!
you dont need bs3, your stock computer will work just fine too.
Old 12-15-2005, 12:10 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ha, thats some funny stuff right there.
Trev your stealth project wont be very stealth cause others we know use this forum and your screen name kinda gives you away.

I think this kit will work for what you want. The thing you should think about the most is.. will you ever want more then this kit can put out?

What other kits have you looked into?
Plus dont comepletely rule out a custom kit.
Old 12-15-2005, 07:49 AM
On The Tree

trever and craig dont hate. i might make 1000 this year i think im going to make semi log headers for my turbos to save money and get me by for a year or so.

id do the truck manifolds with a t70 or 76 it looks like a nice easy set up that works good. how much ground clearance do you guy have running it that way
Old 12-15-2005, 09:03 AM
On The Tree

https://ls1tech.com/forums/forced-induction/422505-finished-up-my-truck-manifold-turbo-set-up.html

look there trever at that if you cant build that your a homo its nice claen and i bet works great also cheap. get all the parts and as soon as my cars running bring your POS over to my house and we will fab it up. cuz ill have my mig and tig at the house ready for stainless and alum. plus i work for beer and pizza
Old 12-15-2005, 11:10 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by orange88
https://ls1tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=422505

look there trever at that if you cant build that your a homo its nice claen and i bet works great also cheap. get all the parts and as soon as my cars running bring your POS over to my house and we will fab it up. cuz ill have my mig and tig at the house ready for stainless and alum. plus i work for beer and pizza
I think he wants to keep A/C. I have yet to see a truck manifold set up that does that.
Old 12-15-2005, 11:19 AM
On The Tree

what if you got two right side and run one around to the left side and in to a Y with turbo on it, and dump it out the right side
i guess id have to put the car in the air and figure some thing out but im sure some thing can be done
Old 12-15-2005, 11:41 AM
6600 rpm clutch dump of death Administrator

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Real Quick beat me to it, but a 92 is an LT1. I know because before I got the Z06, I was going to buy a 90 model Corvette which allowed you to get a 6spd, the "new" interior, old exterior (c4 wise), and still be an L98. So, if you wanted to do a 434 based on a Gen I SBC for instance, that'd be a cool year to look at (but I digress). 92 is LT1...

V8 DSM - I understand not wanting to give away trade secrets, but there are several folks who question the veracity of some of the claims you make.

You may be in fact everything you make in your posts, and if you are, I give you mad props. On the other hand the internet is a funny place as it allows a 15 yr old kid to come across as a seasoned adult. With lots of first hand experience.

Let me give you a prime example. We had a thread the other day on here where a kid was giving advice on true duals on an F-Body.

https://ls1tech.com/forums/showpost....2&postcount=25

Only when you go back and check his posts, he admits he is a 15 yr old kid with no license, and no car. Yet he is giving first hand advice on something he has no knowledge of. Now he has deleted his in that thread, and changed his name...

On the other hand, I'll give you an example that went the other way. On Supra Forum we had a member who made a bunch of posts. But, several members of the board questioned his claims about his car, his girlfriend, etc... He posted up pics, and everyone pretty much shut up, and gave him props.

Thats where a lot of folks are at. Just post up some pics of something. Not your super secret stuff, but throw some folks a bone to show you are legit. Like I said, the internet is a funny place. The reis a certain ammount of skepticism that has to exist because of the detached nature of this place. Just look at the online dating palces where folks use fake pictures. Ebay sellers stealing photos of other's cars.

Here is a suggestion, take a picture of some of your stuff with a piece of paper in front of it that says "I am PSJ's Daddy!!!" that'd put this all to rest, and give folks a good laugh. Hows that sound?
Old 12-15-2005, 11:58 AM
On The Tree

oh yeah if this is travis
Old 12-15-2005, 12:13 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by orange88
what if you got two right side and run one around to the left side and in to a Y with turbo on it, and dump it out the right side
i guess id have to put the car in the air and figure some thing out but im sure some thing can be done
I agree im sure something could be figured out. Like Trev said above he just wants to bolt on and go.
Old 12-15-2005, 01:38 PM
On The Tree

ill weld it if he wants to bolt it on
Old 12-15-2005, 10:46 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Frost
Sorry I'm late on this, been tied up today...

Where do you get this reference from ? (the PWM signal if you don't know what I mean) If you have to generate it yourself why not just use an analog pressure transducer scaled to your range of output or need? Also, how do you ramp up? Are you using a rough smoothed double inverted sine (or similar), or is a DC2DC unit used? Or is it a double converted switched output setup similar to, for instance, the supplies used in PCs?

No disbelief, I just want to know, I started to build one but ended up buying a boost referenced unit.

1. The standalone ECU generates the signal.. Just like a injector signal. WWW.AEMpower.com and go to the electronics forum.. You will see people pulsing a GM boost control solenoid on all sorts of cars running a AEM computer.

2. http://www.verticalreference.com Its precession... The cyclic control always changes the pitch 90 degrees ahead of the point where the effect of the change actually occurs.

Last edited by V8_DSM_V8again; 12-15-2005 at 10:54 PM.
Old 12-15-2005, 11:49 PM
FormerVendor

1. The standalone ECU generates the signal.. Just like a injector signal. WWW.AEMpower.com and go to the electronics forum.. You will see people pulsing a GM boost control solenoid on all sorts of cars running a AEM computer.

2. http://www.verticalreference.com Its precession... The cyclic control always changes the pitch 90 degrees ahead of the point where the effect of the change actually occurs.
Yes, precession, not procession, I goofed the spelling the last time. You still didn't explain the relevance of your interjection.

That forum you linked is members only. If this was a project that you were a part of, as you stated, why do I need a forum link for an explanation? The ECU still needs a reference; it doesn't just arbitrarily ramp up. If you use a transducer, then there is no need for such an expensive piece as a standalone ECU; A three dollar microcontroller is much better suited. The second part of the question still stands. Also, what does pulsing a solenoid have to do with the method of output ramping (since you seemed to miss this, I mean the output to the pump, not the unamplifed reference signal).

I think you made the poke at my spelling to divert attention from the fact that you have attempted to express more knowledge of a subject than you have.

Quick Reply: turbo kit do i want the ground zero log style