Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers
View Poll Results: Are you satisfied w/ your STS setup?
Yes?
79.63%
No?
20.37%
Voters: 54. You may not vote on this poll

Yeah, Another STS post.

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2005, 09:17 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I love it just hard to 1/4 mile it though with out all the tools longerange would agree he almost in the 10s with a stock bottom end good luck man i know you will get it!!! im shooting for nines now i know there is a vett out there thats doing it but i want to be the first camaro in my town with an sts to do it but as far as turbo kiys concern sts all day because i dont have the worry about melting stuff and the noodle pipe look under my hood one silver pipe and a blue hose is good enough for me with a inter cooler and billy at trt has a sick custom look that im going to get as soon as i get R.R be ready billy!!!! but sts all the way no doubt!!!!!!!

PS i love the look on the on the ricer an stang boys faces when they growl of my V8 and see it has a cold think about it!!!
Old 12-28-2005, 09:20 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This computer suxxs

MY quote was : I love the look on the ricers an stang boys faces when they hear the growl of my V8 and hear it has a cold think about it!!!!
Old 12-28-2005, 09:28 AM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

This thread herts muh hed.
Old 12-28-2005, 11:50 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I voted NO. Power was great, quality wasn't. Turbo also hung down too low for me, but looking back I'm thinking I may have received a bum kit.
Old 12-28-2005, 12:13 PM
Teching In

I have had mine for over a year, then it happened. #7 and #2 checked for low compression. I was due. Enjoy the hell out of the kit. This gave me an excuse to get another engine. I now have a fully forged 383 built by Golen engine and with upgraded T-67. The car was finished last month and I put some miles on the car before the tune. During the first days of tunning, the KAT blew. The KAT was gutted and now waiting to get a new LT1 edit to move forward. Current number at 6lb were 447hp with 495tq but the car was limited to 5000 rmp due to the MAF. Once this gets worked out, I will be a happy camper.
Old 12-28-2005, 04:55 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Superman09
hmm. do you guys wish that the turbo was front mounted? Is that one thing you think you'd like a little more about the kit, if it was front mounted? I know thats not an STS then, but im curious how satisfied you guys are with having the turbo rear mounted... like it? Any lowered guys?
My car is lowered (adjustable coil-overs), and from what I hear even with a front mount turbo you can't have the car slammed to the ground. I worked with the creative folks at Synergy Motorsports to get the setup to where I'm not saying my prayers going out the driveway or over speed bumps. There are definitely things you can do to resolve the clearance issues. One of the great things I like about the rear mount setup is that it's easy to modify or even change to a completely different setup. I started with the stock boost setting and liked it so much that I upgraded it. So now I have an adjustable boost controller and a FMIC.

Quick Reply: Yeah, Another STS post.