Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Requesting some help. How to shape oil dipstick tube around turbo?

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2005, 12:37 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Requesting some help. How to shape oil dipstick tube around turbo?

Hi i found my oil leak and was wondering if anyone has any advice on how to go about getting my dipstick tube to fit behind my turbo(this is for a CAS twin turbo with TO4E housings). I have broken two dipstick tubes already(i break them right at the tip where the O ring is). Is there anyway to do a custom dipstick tube? Flexible line would help alot but would it work? I really don't have too much time as i was hoping to fix the oil leak tonight and finish tuning. Do i need to get a special device to bend the stock tube? I was thinking that could cut the tube and patch in some hydraulic line to get around the turbo. I really need some input on this. Any help will be appreciated.

Greg
Old 12-22-2005, 12:42 AM
On The Tree

Greg, get a tubing bender. Run down to Sears, and pick one up. That's going to be your best bet, otherwise you'll kink it. Remember when I made that fuel line for the '64? Same thing basically.

Tom
Old 12-22-2005, 12:45 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by disassembled
Hi i found my oil leak and was wondering if anyone has any advice on how to go about getting my dipstick tube to fit behind my turbo(this is for a CAS twin turbo with TO4E housings). I have broken two dipstick tubes already(i break them right at the tip where the O ring is). Is there anyway to do a custom dipstick tube? Flexible line would help alot but would it work? I really don't have too much time as i was hoping to fix the oil leak tonight and finish tuning. Do i need to get a special device to bend the stock tube? I was thinking that could cut the tube and patch in some hydraulic line to get around the turbo. I really need some input on this. Any help will be appreciated.

Greg

Lokar LS1 Dipstick Lokar ED-5008

This is just an old school 350 version just to show what the handle looks like. Similar mounting on LS1 http://superchevy.com/technical/engi.../0505sc_guide/

Old 12-22-2005, 12:55 AM
TECH Apprentice

I was just about to post that i did a search and came up with that same company. I am going to spend the $41 to get it from summit and have that headache behind me. I wish i would have looked into this earlier. It's a good thing i have a hookup at the local Chevy dealer (the guy really likes my car so he gives me great deals) so i didn't pay much for the gm tube.

Tom, yeah i remember but i really don't have much room to work and taking the turbo off to make sure everything fits nice isn't really an option at this point.

Greg

Quick Reply: Requesting some help. How to shape oil dipstick tube around turbo?