Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

need help with 2 bar hardware

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2005, 04:32 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default need help with 2 bar hardware

Okay, after doing a fair amount of research I ordered the 2 bar map, and I'm up to that point in my install. But, the connector on the new 2 bar is very different than the stock one. No biggie, I ordered the connector for the new sensor. But I just have a feeling that this is not right.

The map sensor is p/n 12569241. Is this the right map? Now, if I splice the new connector on, which wires go where? And this new connector even needs some modification to make it fit!! Somebody please tell me I have the right stuff!!!
Old 12-26-2005, 09:59 PM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Not sure on pt numbers, but if you want to do it the easy way we sell a harness that plugs into the stock plug of your engines wiring harness, and adapts it to an old school 2 or 3 bar map sensor.

speedinc.com
Old 12-26-2005, 11:01 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Is this on your website? Is it something you guys make? I'll be honest with you, I am planning on starting the car tomorrow, so I don't really have the time to order something else. But, I'd like to see what this part looks like. If the connectors look like the one that I have it will at least calm my nerves a little bit. I'm more concerned to know that I have the right stuff. Thanks.
Old 12-26-2005, 11:19 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I know that gm PN 12580698 is a 2 bar, direct replacement for a truck manifold, and I think it works on the car manifold as well.
Old 12-26-2005, 11:25 PM
TECH Enthusiast

So you didn't have to change the connector or anything?
Old 12-26-2005, 11:46 PM
TECH Senior Member

Nope, the one on the left is the stock one and the one on the right is the 2 bar. I believe it is for a Saturn Ion Redline, supercharged. Plugged right in, but had to rescale for it with efilive.
It was like $45 from GMPartsdirect.com
Old 12-27-2005, 07:10 PM
TECH Addict

If you have the in-line, 3-pin, MetriPak style MAP sensor like shown above, the connector is the same, but is keyed differently and is usually a different color. You can take an Exacto knife and carefully trim the key out so yours will fit. That should get you up and running quickly.

If you want a new, properly keyed connector, you can see/buy them at:

http://www.forceignition.com/wpack.htm

Jim
Old 12-27-2005, 07:55 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Thanks Jim. I actually decided to get the same one as KBracing. After trying to get the one that I had to fit on the intake manifold, and it not working as I had hoped, I decided to just wait and get that one above. No need for a new connector, and it'll fit right on. Too bad I already took the dremel to the intake and chopped off the little hook that held on the stock map.

Thanks everyone for the help!