a small turbo t67, 7 pounds of boost, first trip down the track was 12.13
last was 11.97 all right at 118 to 120 mph
still getting 20 + MPG around town
driven everyday in all types of weather
put over 3500 miles on it since labor day
other than the turbo the car was stock till last week

oops you are right it is unproven
the stock clutch was slipping because the kit was un-proven
I broke the keys in the 3-4 syncro in the transmission also because the kit was un-proven
damn I thought that was a transmission problem. Thanks for letting me know otherwise
I should probally re-think that 9 inch rearend also
oops did I say that

Last edited by Darren P; 01-08-2006 at 08:59 PM.
Old 01-08-2006, 09:04 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Old 01-08-2006, 09:05 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by LSONE
possibly because we have no numbers/reviews/times from people running the kit? there are what, 3-4 people on this site running that kit, none of them have had it done for long enough for anything to be proven.
you could be right
I am going to park my car till it is a proven kit
and I would reccomend that no one else buy one till it is proven

the only way it will get to be a proven kit is by people buying it and useing it
it is not perfect but it is very well made and I can turn my air on
you cant do that with a tti race kit with out relocating the AC to somewhere else
oh BTW it was new at one time also and it is a really nice kit also
but this one was less money and I kept my air
Old 01-08-2006, 09:08 PM
TECH Junkie

****, man... does that mean I can't drive my car either?

Old 01-08-2006, 09:17 PM
TECH Fanatic

I think what people are saying is that no one has pushed it to 900RWHP to see how it acts. I dont see a problem with any of these kits. they each have their pluses and minuses. I ordered one of the hi-flow kits eventhough it was not proven but hopefully it will turn out fine.
Old 01-08-2006, 09:22 PM
TECH Junkie

The LT1 Kit sure has... by several LT1 cars...

The High Flow Kit? I'll tell you what... It looks pretty f'ing good.

Somebody has to prove it, though, right?
Old 01-08-2006, 09:28 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by ABeasst
I ordered one of the hi-flow kits eventhough it was not proven but hopefully it will turn out fine.
I am sure it will

Originally Posted by ABeasst
I think what people are saying is that no one has pushed it to 900RWHP to see how it acts. I dont see a problem with any of these kits. they each have their pluses and minuses. I ordered one of the hi-flow kits eventhough it was not proven but hopefully it will turn out fine.

and you are probally right but if it were not for people like you (the Hi-Flow kit)they would never get proven either
Old 01-08-2006, 09:44 PM
9 Second Club

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

The TTi race kits get my vote but that's because I've driven one on the street and at the track.

I think the "proven" issue is just a quest for some support of the kits by someone other that the shop staff and the first shop car. People are looking for repeatable results when they are going to commit big funds. It simply takes time to get these kits out to enough buyers that actually participate on the site. Then they have to be willing to take the time to post results.

Unfortunatly, we can't just look someone up in a national registry for each kit to find out who we should ask when we're curious about a combination. It takes research, questions, a lot of waiting and a whole lot of faith more often than not. In the mean time, ET and MPH postings are pratical proof of what a kit can do. So if you post that your car runs a low 10 or 9 as delivered and installed on a car built to do that, it gives the potential buyers a warm and fuzzy feeling that they too will be able to do that when they get everything sorted out.

Each kit has it's pros and cons. Some claim the AC delete is the con for the TTi, but I just say that's why we have T-tops as an option. Beside's when it's 95+ outside and you're in your black car, with black racing gear on, waiting in the staging lanes... it's not like you're going to turn the AC on anyway.

Rick
Old 01-08-2006, 09:53 PM
TECH Junkie

Well said.

By the above definition, all kits are proven (as proven as front-mounts can be... Incon is proven... how many people here run it now... two?) except for the High-Flow and the GMR.

So, in regard to this thread's topic, it's between two high-quality kits, one with moderate "proving" (unlike the TTi which has been a bit more "proved"), and one that has not been proven at all: The PTS vs. the High-Flo.
Old 01-08-2006, 10:16 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by 2001-WS6
I think the "proven" issue is just a quest for some support of the kits by someone other that the shop staff and the first shop car. People are looking for repeatable results when they are going to commit big funds. It simply takes time to get these kits out to enough buyers that actually participate on the site. Then they have to be willing to take the time to post results.

Unfortunatly, we can't just look someone up in a national registry for each kit to find out who we should ask when we're curious about a combination. It takes research, questions, a lot of waiting and a whole lot of faith more often than not. In the mean time, ET and MPH postings are pratical proof of what a kit can do. So if you post that your car runs a low 10 or 9 as delivered and installed on a car built to do that, it gives the potential buyers a warm and fuzzy feeling that they too will be able to do that when they get everything sorted out.
Don't forget the people who have the kit, but are either ashamed or scared to write that it is a piece of ****....ashamed because they just spent thousands of dollars on something that will drive them nuts or scared because bashing the supporting vendor will not increase the liklihood that their kit will be corrected
Old 01-08-2006, 10:36 PM
TECH Junkie

Hmmm... that sure was happening just recently.

It's good to visit the Sponsor Feedback from time to time.
Old 01-12-2006, 12:11 AM
TECH Resident

Some of us have had a kit for quite a while but still aren't driving it!

I swear to God we're close to finishing my PTK. It's gonna take some fiddling to tune correctly, since I'm keeping the MAF (it's a '98) and going with the AlkyControl meth kit. Nick (nickn20) is the guy doing the work and tuning, and he's being very careful.

I will have dyno numbers, and then there will be a pause while the 9" goes in and I break in the gears... and then if all looks good I'll take it to the track, I promise.

And I'll let everyone know how well it works. Good or bad news, either way.

Rich
Old 01-12-2006, 07:58 AM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Talk about some fiddling with a tune.....

My setup will end up being a draw-through with a BOV AFTER the mass air.... my builder assures me this won't be an issue as far as tuning goes....

but....

Last edited by Frost; 01-12-2006 at 10:41 AM.
Old 01-12-2006, 09:45 AM
On The Tree

People are so funny... Guys we have produced over 700 production turbo systems to date. We also have the most pro level race cars besides procharger and vortech.

Trust me guys I full believe that the HI FLO system will work well. The big thing is keeping production up and providing quality everytime. Are we perfect heck no but
we are proven. Our biggest thing is we are slow with how much we build. At one time we can be building as many as 25 different production systems. I hope the best for
Hi Flo...even though time to time they talk smack. This is a hard industry to be in
both for the company and the customer.
Old 01-12-2006, 04:04 PM
TECH Fanatic

I'd probably go with PTK over Hi-Flo jsut because they have been around for a longer time. I know the guys at Hi-Flo know their stuff though. I still have a good while to decide though.
Old 01-12-2006, 06:07 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by RW99
Some of us have had a kit for quite a while but still aren't driving it!

I swear to God we're close to finishing my PTK. It's gonna take some fiddling to tune correctly, since I'm keeping the MAF (it's a '98) and going with the AlkyControl meth kit. Nick (nickn20) is the guy doing the work and tuning, and he's being very careful.

I will have dyno numbers, and then there will be a pause while the 9" goes in and I break in the gears... and then if all looks good I'll take it to the track, I promise.

And I'll let everyone know how well it works. Good or bad news, either way.

Rich
Tell me about it... my installer is still waiting on a scavenger pump.

You know, you do a shitload of research, and there's always something that falls between the cracks.
Old 01-12-2006, 06:09 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by Spambell
People are so funny... Guys we have produced over 700 production turbo systems to date. We also have the most pro level race cars besides procharger and vortech.

Trust me guys I full believe that the HI FLO system will work well. The big thing is keeping production up and providing quality everytime. Are we perfect heck no but
we are proven. Our biggest thing is we are slow with how much we build. At one time we can be building as many as 25 different production systems. I hope the best for
Hi Flo...even though time to time they talk smack. This is a hard industry to be in
both for the company and the customer.
Sorry, Dalton... that's not good enough.

You're not proven.

Old 01-12-2006, 10:05 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by bboyferal
Tell me about it... my installer is still waiting on a scavenger pump.
Pump for what...oil return?
Old 01-12-2006, 11:05 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Comparing something thats on the market vs. something yet tested is apples and oranges. Hi-Flo has great claims to quality and materials, and if delivered as promised looks to be suparior (at leat on paper)... on the other hand PTK has delivered and prven themselves. I'd say the choice has more to do with your time frame 1st. If its now then PTK and TTI (Speed Inc are the realistic choices..unless you want a rear mount twin (see for sale section) that will rival these kits. BTW, that ones available today!

Quick Reply: PTK vs. HI FLOW