Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

A few questions before I go to the dyno....turbo gurus chime in..

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2006 | 11:43 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by Pro Stock John
That's funny, I can't remember when you went 9's Jonathan, refresh my memory? Kyle when did you go 9's?

I've seen turbo cars dynoed and they did not have load problems. I would have made pulls without locking up the converter and then locked the converter.
hehe i was waiting-hoping for your comeback
just was hoping for something more original
Old 01-24-2006 | 12:32 PM
TECH Senior Member

iTS ALL GOOD psj soon........
Old 01-24-2006 | 12:45 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder
20 Year Member

I'm waiting for some key parts, so I can't turn up the smack talk quite yet.
Old 01-24-2006 | 01:18 PM
TECH Senior Member

do it with a 6 speed then talk mad ****
Old 01-24-2006 | 02:06 PM
TECH Senior Member

WOW this turned into a funny thread.

PSJ we did dyno it twice with the converter locked @ 9psi....and two unlocked @9psi. Really didn't make any difference since boost was coming on so late, both graphs were near identical with the locked converter making a few more hp/tq.

The dyno guy is cool and he went pretty far trying to get more boost out of the car. We reworked my boost controller, and he tested the BC to see if it was actually working. After that was done we turned the boost up and up and finally stopped when it hit 18psi. I really didn't want to go that far but the car was making more power each pull so we stopped, because the boost was getting rediculous for the amount of power being generated. 9 pulls was enough.

Look at those screen shots, you can see when the car is at max boost, its around 6100. The car wouldn't load....maybe my tranny is toast but it doesn't act funny on the street.

Originally Posted by 2000 Tran zam
Jer,

Like others have said, I would try running another proven car and see how you fend against it.

Thats what I plan on doin with my car since I dont plan on taking it to the track too often.

I dont think your gears would have anything to do with it since your obviously hitting full boost at two different points, one on the street and one on the dyno.

I would definately check for some type of leak. Did it make any strange noises when on the dyno?

Id say if your ever in the area id line it up with ya

but then again we have no one to compare it to since my times arent 100% accurate. I know its at least got an 11.6 at 136 in it
Now that is what I plan on doing. I've already dispatched a Yamaha R6, but the blower was able to do that too. IT would be wicked to have a run with your car.....hmmmm feel like making a 4-5hour drive? Even if I got smoked like there was no tomorrow, I still be stoked to see your car in person
Old 01-24-2006 | 02:29 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by frcefed98
WOW this turned into a funny thread.

PSJ we did dyno it twice with the converter locked @ 9psi....and two unlocked @9psi. Really didn't make any difference since boost was coming on so late, both graphs were near identical with the locked converter making a few more hp/tq.

The dyno guy is cool and he went pretty far trying to get more boost out of the car. We reworked my boost controller, and he tested the BC to see if it was actually working. After that was done we turned the boost up and up and finally stopped when it hit 18psi. I really didn't want to go that far but the car was making more power each pull so we stopped, because the boost was getting rediculous for the amount of power being generated. 9 pulls was enough.

Look at those screen shots, you can see when the car is at max boost, its around 6100. The car wouldn't load....maybe my tranny is toast but it doesn't act funny on the street.

Now that is what I plan on doing. I've already dispatched a Yamaha R6, but the blower was able to do that too. IT would be wicked to have a run with your car.....hmmmm feel like making a 4-5hour drive? Even if I got smoked like there was no tomorrow, I still be stoked to see your car in person
Id be totally down to have a few runs

As far as going to NM, ive never been out there, maybe the gf would wanna go on a mini vacation, Ill have to ask.

If you ever decided though that you wanted to come up here to az, youve got a place to stay with me for the weekend if you want

I do plan on going to vegas in a couple of weeks, but Ill prob drive the z3 since it gets better milage.

Let me know if you ever decide to come out here, my doors always open
Old 01-24-2006 | 02:35 PM
TECH Senior Member

Me and the S.O. are really thinking about moving out there when she finishes with college. Its nice out there compared to ol Albuquerque.

I'll let you know if i'm headed out that way. Its closer for me to go there to have a few runs at a nice track then running all the way down to Roswell where the track is off and on.

If you came out here, you'd have to adjust your tune pretty heavily due to us not having any oxygen up here. You'd be running mega rich on the tune you are running now.

J
Old 01-24-2006 | 02:40 PM
TECH Fanatic

Sorry to hear you're having so many problems. Like everybody said put it on a loading dyno and see what it does. Also it sounds to me like your tranny might be acting up although it is weird that it doesnt act up on the street.

Adam
Old 01-24-2006 | 02:43 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by frcefed98
Me and the S.O. are really thinking about moving out there when she finishes with college. Its nice out there compared to ol Albuquerque.

I'll let you know if i'm headed out that way. Its closer for me to go there to have a few runs at a nice track then running all the way down to Roswell where the track is off and on.

If you came out here, you'd have to adjust your tune pretty heavily due to us not having any oxygen up here. You'd be running mega rich on the tune you are running now.

J
Ya, definately let me know.

I know JMD moved out here from NM, so id ask him how he likes it.

It is a very nice place to live, where I live, Firebird raceway is litteraly 4 miles from my house.

There is speed world which is like 45-50 min away, and the PIR(phoenix international raceway) which is about 50 min away too.

Lots of quick/exotic cars up in the scottsdale area/ahwatukee area(Im in tukee) and it'd be nice to have another turbo f body in our area.

What field of work are you/your SO in? Lots of new openings and jobs here too, and cost of living isnt too bad.

/Thread highjack
Old 01-24-2006 | 02:54 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by 2002 Trans Am
gee, where have I heard these excuses before.....turbo didn't spool up, hp to ci ratio, downforce, vtech didn't kick in, missed 7th gear......are you a ricer in disguise

jk
LOL I know...i'm a closet ricer, I've got more excuses than hp

I do get sport compact and turbo magazine and have a fondness for stickers