Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

My Stenod Performance Single Turbo Build-up Almost there..

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2006, 09:45 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 1,210 Likes on 774 Posts

Looks nice, I'm sure you will be very happy with it Kyle.
Old 02-16-2006, 10:19 PM
8 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Kyle.. Buy a better Torque Arm.. Not going to argue with anyone about this one.. I've seen those break a few times.. Just save yourself the headache. Steve has a good point. I give that thing 1 or 2 passes before it snaps..

I love your car though.. Stenod, you guys do some top notch work. Esp. being the "new-comer" its f*cking bad ***!!
Old 02-16-2006, 11:09 PM
The Bull

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

The Spohn Torque Arm was on my car and on Harlan's car for well over 300 passes total between the two cars. Another was used on Kevin's car as well. None of the cars showed any signs of issues, damage, breakage, chassis flex, floorpan damage or bolt damage to the 4 bolts that hold it in place. All three high HP moderately heavy cars with transbrake launches.

Even with two broken driveshafts to test the front loop and rear loop, it has never been an issue on any car that has had one. At 150,000 PSI of tensile strength and 5000 to 8000 pounds of shear (depending on grade) on 4 bolts it would be some pretty exceptional circumstances to cause them to break. Not saying that it can't break, but it calls to question whether the install was done properly. And I know that we're not the only ones that have used Steve Spohn's parts in fast cars before.

Over 300 passes on one torque arm with over 7000 street miles and a few low 8 second timeslips and close to 100 passes on the other torque arm, a few street miles as well and some high 8 low 9 timeslips pretty much defeats the one or two passes before it breaks. It's very well proven that it works beyond all speculation. I don't think Kyle has much to worry about. If it breaks I'll get him a better one at no charge to him.
Old 02-17-2006, 07:34 AM
The Bull

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I forgot to add that I blasted a dead deer on the freeway at 75 MPH (long story). Rolled over the top of the deer and hit it full force with the torque arm brace. No bolts broke and it worked fine even after that. It did buckle my floopan pretty good on one side. Nothing a BFH couldn't handle. Just a little added durability testing.
Old 02-17-2006, 10:39 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by DERTY
The Spohn Torque Arm was on my car and on Harlan's car for well over 300 passes total between the two cars. Another was used on Kevin's car as well. None of the cars showed any signs of issues, damage, breakage, chassis flex, floorpan damage or bolt damage to the 4 bolts that hold it in place. All three high HP moderately heavy cars with transbrake launches.

Even with two broken driveshafts to test the front loop and rear loop, it has never been an issue on any car that has had one. At 150,000 PSI of tensile strength and 5000 to 8000 pounds of shear (depending on grade) on 4 bolts it would be some pretty exceptional circumstances to cause them to break. Not saying that it can't break, but it calls to question whether the install was done properly. And I know that we're not the only ones that have used Steve Spohn's parts in fast cars before.

Over 300 passes on one torque arm with over 7000 street miles and a few low 8 second timeslips and close to 100 passes on the other torque arm, a few street miles as well and some high 8 low 9 timeslips pretty much defeats the one or two passes before it breaks. It's very well proven that it works beyond all speculation. I don't think Kyle has much to worry about. If it breaks I'll get him a better one at no charge to him.

Thank You Steve.

The reason I picked this TQ arm is Like Derty said..... If Harlan and Derty can use it then why cant i.
Thanks again.

Kyle
Old 02-17-2006, 10:42 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by KissMySSo1
What intake manifold is that?

Yes its a GMPP Carbed intake drill for Injecters and a Precision Turbo 100 degree elbow milled down some with a Accufab 90mm TB.

Kyle

Quick Reply: My Stenod Performance Single Turbo Build-up Almost there..