Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

CAS twin turbo car FINALLY running...

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2006, 09:53 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Default CAS twin turbo car FINALLY running...

we started it today. it fired right up, no weird noises and revs good too. oil pressure is great. there is a tiny leak where the fitting goes into the oil pan, but thats a easy fix. the headache im dealing with now is the passenger side spark plug....FORGET IT! i read it was going to be a pain in the ***....but i looked from under the car and from the top and i have NO idea how to get at it EXCEPT just remove the heater box. i really dont want to have to do that but i dont know any other way. so how hard is it to remove the heater box?

thanks
Old 02-16-2006, 10:27 PM
Flossin' twin turbos

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

come on you new better than no pics or vid. congrats
Old 02-16-2006, 11:22 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by 30th t/a
we started it today. it fired right up, no weird noises and revs good too. oil pressure is great. there is a tiny leak where the fitting goes into the oil pan, but thats a easy fix. the headache im dealing with now is the passenger side spark plug....FORGET IT! i read it was going to be a pain in the ***....but i looked from under the car and from the top and i have NO idea how to get at it EXCEPT just remove the heater box. i really dont want to have to do that but i dont know any other way. so how hard is it to remove the heater box?

thanks
You can only get if from under the car, you hand will actually be flipped backwards, the inside of your hand will be facing the plug, its a bitch. You need to get creative with your positions on some of those plugs. Having long arms helps......lol.............

Congats on getting her going.
Old 02-17-2006, 12:03 AM
Suspended Sponsor

Its about time now get up to us so we can tune it
Old 02-17-2006, 12:34 AM
TECH Enthusiast

There's no way to do it. I think you have to pull the manifold to change it out man.
Old 02-17-2006, 05:56 AM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by A DEE O
You can only get if from under the car, you hand will actually be flipped backwards, the inside of your hand will be facing the plug, its a bitch. You need to get creative with your positions on some of those plugs. Having long arms helps......lol.............

Congats on getting her going.
thanks. im gona have to try the backwards hand thing on saturday to see whats its like. i might have my brother with 2" wrist get that plug
Old 02-17-2006, 05:58 AM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by Leo@GMRSPEED
Its about time now get up to us so we can tune it
damn straight its about time. dont worry, im bringing it up. the guy doing my car is going to bring his incon turbo car also. actually he'll probably be giving you guys a call with in a day or 2. his name is Jay.

Last edited by 30th t/a; 02-18-2006 at 09:28 AM.
Old 02-18-2006, 06:58 AM
On The Tree

Thats good you got your CAS car together. Let us know what kind of power you get out of it and how well it runs with GMR tuning. Thinking i might take my car to them.

I just got my cas kit on and i have a question for you. The intercooler blocks a ton of air flow to the radiator. Are you supposed to cut the radiator support to move it back? Im having problems with my car overheating because i only have about 1.5 opening for the air to pass.

I need a pic from someone that has a CAS setup to show me how much of a gap i should have. One from the top and bottom of the intercooler would be great. I didnt get the brackets with my intercooler and i had to make my own so im guessing thats the reason. PLEASE HELP
Old 02-18-2006, 08:44 AM
TECH Apprentice

Congrats man! About the passenger plug.... well i know the rest you can get to with relative ease (lots of extentions, wobbly joints, wobbly joints built onto sockets, cursing, patience, etc) but i never had to do the last one with the manifold on the car so i don't have any tips. Make sure you do not try to see how it runs on a bad tune or else you might be doing more than tuning at GMR.

Where are the friggin pics man?!?!?!

To camarogod: I cut my bumper, trimmed the styrofoam, and cut some decent sized holes in my bumper support to allow for some good airflow since the intercooler blocks the original passage for air to the radiator. You may or may not have to do the same since i had a bigger IC but i don't know exactly how yours is mounted. Where are your pics too?

Make some video once you get it tuned!

Greg
Old 02-18-2006, 09:34 AM
TECH Junkie

i should be bringing the car home next week. ill get some pics then. im going to make a awesome vid of the car, so dont worry about that

here are some pics i got:
Attached Thumbnails CAS twin turbo car FINALLY running...-icbottom.jpg  
Old 02-18-2006, 09:37 AM
TECH Junkie

also....i heard that i should not run the 90 degree elbow pipe that connects the intercooler to the MAF ...UNTIL i get a tune. he said just to drive it with the MAF wide open. so that i dont force the air in because my tune as of now is WAY off. is this ok??
Old 02-18-2006, 10:10 AM
TECH Apprentice

If you do that you may overspin the turbos so i don't think it's recommend. If you take the WG's off i don't see a problem with it though. You won't build boost if you don't try (sixth gear will build boost if you aren't gentle when accelerating). I don't recommend leaving the pipe disconnected unless you take the WG's off.

Oh, i could see some overheating occur with that IC blocking the airway like that. Just watch your temps while driving, especially when you're getting on it after your get the tune finished.

Greg
Old 02-18-2006, 10:22 AM
TECH Junkie

the pic of the intercooler is from charlie givalanze's wedsite. he had the 1st CAS kit ever made for the fbody and i believe i own his old kit.....if i did my research right.

Greg, when are you getting your car tuned??

here is charlies website if anyone is interesting in more CAS info. http://www.turbols1.com/

John
Old 02-18-2006, 10:45 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by 30th t/a
the pic of the intercooler is from charlie givalanze's wedsite. he had the 1st CAS kit ever made for the fbody and i believe i own his old kit.....if i did my research right.

Greg, when are you getting your car tuned??

here is charlies website if anyone is interesting in more CAS info. http://www.turbols1.com/

John

Well seeing as though i am in Japan for the next 3 years or so i can't tell you. When i get back to the states i plan on going to a shop, tearing it all down, getting paint and body work done, getting everything reinstalled, get it tuned, install rear end, suspension, and then be finished with it. I want the car setup for road racing so i might have to go with a stock K member again.

Good luck with yours!!

Greg

Quick Reply: CAS twin turbo car FINALLY running...