Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

91 or 94mm single turbo + 427ci = RWHP

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2006, 11:36 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by LTLHOMER
Racing from a roll is so gay, my *** hurts...end of story.

At least by the time you realize you made a mistake, you won't have anything to worry about anymore. Hopefully you don't take out any innocent bystanders in the process...
You have to realize though, some people like me don't want to take their cars to the track all the time. I simply don't want to break tranny's and rear-ends, or even engines. I just don't see the excitment of a ~10 second straight line race.

And as far as taking out innocent by-standers, its impossible. There are none. There's also not another car for miles around when these roll races happen. Personally, I'd love to get involved with auto-cross as a hobby, I like the idea of bringing acceleration, twisties and brakes all into the mix, thats the ONLY true form of racing. So, for me, 1/4 mile and roll racing is pretty gay and cheezy. But to each his own. Roll racing is true test of HP. Drag racing is not. Auto-cross is a true test of all things.
Old 03-13-2006, 11:44 AM
TECH Junkie

Not everyone is into drag racing, you know... it's not all about the track...

Quicken... your example reminded me about the point I was trying to make... I just got killed, no joke, by like 20 cars in ONE GEAR!!! I'm no slouch and I'm running 8 psi with like 480 rwhp... I shut down after redlining fourth, he wound out his gear too, and he was a block away almost!!! It's not even worth posting because that was just another night around town for me. However, back to my point, with rough estimation, that car had like ~800-1000 rwhp, I say. That's not the first time I get spanked that bad... It happens way too often...

I don't know how many of these cars are prowling, but there's a new one each weekend... very hush-hush, not well-known dudes that go to the track, but instead some guy with a normal looking car with 1000 horses under the hood that you just don't know about... You just don't know who to **** with!!!
Old 03-13-2006, 12:09 PM
10 Second Club

Bboy Who Spanked Ya That Bad??
Old 03-13-2006, 12:33 PM
SSU Moderator

I would go for twin T4's (70+mm) if you are serious. Nelson just built a 406SBC with 2x 72mm turbo's and made 1000 on 91 octane and 1400 on race gas. Both below 6000rpm because he maxed out 83lb injectors.

The cars/races in Florida are no joke. You need a ton to keep up with these Vipers.
Old 03-13-2006, 01:46 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by RyanJ
I would go for twin T4's (70+mm) if you are serious. Nelson just built a 406SBC with 2x 72mm turbo's and made 1000 on 91 octane and 1400 on race gas. Both below 6000rpm because he maxed out 83lb injectors.

The cars/races in Florida are no joke. You need a ton to keep up with these Vipers.
I was told if I go twins, that a pair of T70's will do the trick.
Old 03-13-2006, 02:50 PM
10 Second Club

you would have to lose your A/C though, and I know you won't compromise that.
Old 03-13-2006, 03:04 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by Got Me SOM
Monty just e-mailed me again and said, built properly, with everything matching right, a single turbo won't have that boost problem where it just comes in all of a sudden. The power curve should be spike free, like his is.
Old 03-13-2006, 03:15 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by Got Me SOM
Incon keeps the A/C, right? They would just have to copy the piping of that kit. right?
Old 03-13-2006, 03:25 PM
SSU Moderator

With a totally custom kit...you could do anything. Go somewhere or call to get a price. I'm telling you now, for a kit including fuel and PCM/tuning...its gonna be 20-25k running. Add a motor and you're past 35k I'm sure.
Old 03-13-2006, 03:47 PM
TECH Veteran

With a totally custom kit...you could do anything. Go somewhere or call to get a price. I'm telling you now, for a kit including fuel and PCM/tuning...its gonna be 20-25k running. Add a motor and you're past 35k I'm sure.
One quote is 36K out the door ready to drive, thats not my issue at all.

I want to make sure the combo (turbo and engine) is done right the first time, with the properly matched parts. I guess since noone here has built anything like this its pointless to keep asking these types of questions.
Old 03-13-2006, 03:53 PM
SSU Moderator

W2W has (not an LS1, but the Mule has plenty of power...twins). However, no has made more LS1 horsepower period than Wheel 2 Wheel Powertrain.

Tom Nelson seems to build that kind of HP every month (non-LS1 as well), same with places like Fast Times (who built Monty's motor).

Nelson specs his own turbo's and W2W does the same.

Who quoted 36k? Not W2W I assume since you said they were too expensive.
Old 03-13-2006, 03:57 PM
TECH Veteran

W2W has (not an LS1, but the Mule has plenty of power...twins). However, no has made more LS1 horsepower period than Wheel 2 Wheel Powertrain.

Tom Nelson seems to build that kind of HP every month (non-LS1 as well), same with places like Fast Times (who built Monty's motor).

Nelson specs his own turbo's and W2W does the same.

Who quoted 36k? Not W2W I assume since you said they were too expensive.
W2W wanted 120K. I think they misunderstood and maybe thought I wanted an all-out race car built from scratch like Roofer Daves car. For 120K I could have 4 twin turbo street car engines built. Or go to LPE and pay triple for one engine so I have a 24month/24,000 mile fake warranty.

FTM is the way to go for sure. But I'll also be talking to Jason at Katech tomorrow.

Old 03-13-2006, 04:01 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Quickin
I guess since noone here has built anything like this its pointless to keep asking these types of questions.
No one has built anything like what? There are 1000hp LSX cars that are driving around. Mike Brown's CE is at or over that power level, MM is close to that power level as well and drives the car all over the place.

Also, if you are going to be racing the car ~180mph you better have some aerodynamic work done to the car to make it stable at those speeds. There is a guy on here that does Silver State Classic racing, you might want to look him up, although I forget his screen name.
Old 03-13-2006, 04:23 PM
SSU Moderator

You need to clarify what W2W said. 120k is about what Dave paid apparantly and that's a ******* STEAL for what he has now. I KNOW that's not for some custom turbo kit, tuning, engine and fuel.
Old 03-13-2006, 04:45 PM
TECH Veteran

You need to clarify what W2W said. 120k is about what Dave paid apparantly and that's a ******* STEAL for what he has now. I KNOW that's not for some custom turbo kit, tuning, engine and fuel.
I just sent Kevin an e-mail to clarify. In his e-mail he said the 427 alone, no turbo stuff, would cost 35K by itself. I know thats almost triple what a fully built engine would cost ready for boost.

Old 03-13-2006, 05:03 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1,746 Likes on 1,304 Posts

HOLY *****
Old 03-13-2006, 06:13 PM
7 Second Club

I could have got it done for less if I didn't pay Wheel to fix screw up's done by other people and the big dollar paint job.

I also have some expensive lightweight,custom engine parts that could have been substituted for off the shelf stuff.

Quicken I think if you had Wheel build you a single turbo 402 you would have 1500-1600 flywheel for quite a bit less than what I paid for a turn key car.

Ryan I'm glad you realize I got a screaming deal for what I have.Most people don't get it............
Old 03-13-2006, 06:18 PM
*Suspended Sponsor*

Originally Posted by NA$TY-TA
A/C, Street Car, and 1500HP dont belong in the same sentence......
And Bill Gates shouldn't be worth $40+ Billion.........but he is.
Old 03-13-2006, 06:20 PM
8 Second Club

Originally Posted by Hi-Flo Turbo Inc.
And Bill Gates shouldn't be worth $40+ Billion.........but he is.
1500+ rwhp on one dyno pull and driving around with 1500+ rwhp all the time are two very different things don't you think?
Old 03-13-2006, 06:58 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by Roofer Dave
I could have got it done for less if I didn't pay Wheel to fix screw up's done by other people and the big dollar paint job.

I also have some expensive lightweight,custom engine parts that could have been substituted for off the shelf stuff.

Quicken I think if you had Wheel build you a single turbo 402 you would have 1500-1600 flywheel for quite a bit less than what I paid for a turn key car.

Ryan I'm glad you realize I got a screaming deal for what I have.Most people don't get it............
Your car is just wacky NICE for sure. But the place here in Lauderdale who's going to build my tranny has 6 and 7 second Fox Body's in the shop on any given day. Last week a guy had a brand new engine with a huge Procharger, ice box intercooler and all the goodies. It runs low 7's. It ran a 4.40 in the 8th a couple weeks ago. His engine, complete with everything was built for $30,000. So where is the rest of the $90,000 going. My car is already set up with everything except the engine. My tranny is being built by these guys.

All I need is an engine with the trubo stuff to go with it.

Quick Reply: 91 or 94mm single turbo + 427ci = RWHP