Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

91 or 94mm single turbo + 427ci = RWHP

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2006, 07:03 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Got Me SOM
Bboy Who Spanked Ya That Bad??
Some crazy blue mustang, '03 ish, no biggie... I get spanked often now just like when I was stock... just by higher hp cars now...

The fingers on my right hand aren't enough to count the times I've been obliterated by cars here already that must have at least 800 rwhp or so since my car was done in February... and new cars are coming along all the time that look totally stock (only LOOK of course) that I haven't seen. Miami's getting crazy... Well, crazier.
Old 03-13-2006, 07:04 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by Quickin
Incon keeps the A/C, right? They would just have to copy the piping of that kit. right?
Low hanging twins... I wonder how big they can and still be "buildable."
Old 03-13-2006, 07:10 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by bboyferal
Some crazy blue mustang, '03 ish, no biggie... I get spanked often now just like when I was stock... just by higher hp cars now...

The fingers on my right hand aren't enough to count the times I've been obliterated by cars here already that must have at least 800 rwhp or so since my car was done in February... and new cars are coming along all the time that look totally stock (only LOOK of course) that I haven't seen. Miami's getting crazy... Well, crazier.

Yup, and when they put the pedal down they don't spin all over the place like people think, they hook and go.

Old 03-13-2006, 07:11 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by bboyferal
Low hanging twins... I wonder how big they can and still be "buildable."
So will two T70's fit with that kit?

Old 03-13-2006, 07:14 PM
10 Second Club

I believe the biggest they can fit is like a GT 28 or something. There was a post here about that the turbos are good for about 700 rear wheel.

InconBandit runs a high 9 in his convertible with that incon kit. Thing is you can't find that kit complete anymore.
Old 03-13-2006, 07:20 PM
TECH Fanatic

The Incon kit is not really a viable option...you are going to need more turbo then you can fit with that kit.
Old 03-13-2006, 07:26 PM
10 Second Club

true. plus quickin wants 1500 rear wheel, he ain't fawkin around!
Old 03-13-2006, 07:29 PM
Launching!

good luck. i might do the same in a few years. i got to build equity in the house before i pull it to build a monster turbo set up.... thats the only way i will ever get the money
Old 03-13-2006, 07:37 PM
8 Second Club

Your car is just wacky NICE for sure. But the place here in Lauderdale who's going to build my tranny has 6 and 7 second Fox Body's in the shop on any given day. Last week a guy had a brand new engine with a huge Procharger, ice box intercooler and all the goodies. It runs low 7's. It ran a 4.40 in the 8th a couple weeks ago. His engine, complete with everything was built for $30,000. So where is the rest of the $90,000 going. My car is already set up with everything except the engine. My tranny is being built by these guys.

All I need is an engine with the trubo stuff to go with it.

If you have all the answers, why are you asking questions?
Old 03-13-2006, 07:41 PM
10 Second Club

cause he obviously doesn't have all the answers and wants to know who can build him his combo according to his specs..
Old 03-13-2006, 07:42 PM
8 Second Club

cause he obviously doesn't have all the answers and wants to know who can build him his combo according to his specs..
He said he already has someone lined up to build his motor, trans, and his rainbow-colored 'roll racing' stickers for a way better price than anyone on here will say...so what's the point?
Old 03-13-2006, 07:55 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by LTLHOMER
He said he already has someone lined up to build his motor, trans, and his rainbow-colored 'roll racing' stickers for a way better price than anyone on here will say...so what's the point?
There's a shop that has built this type of power before, many times actually. And with much more power. But I'm still asking some questions. The answers are certainly not all gonna come from here, just some. There's people and builders out there that are light years ahead of all the info collectively on here.

I guess the point got lost with people like you who say things can't be done. I sure hope your type fizzels away faster than you multiply. If you don't think it can be done and you think is all a waste, why are you coming back in here?

Old 03-13-2006, 08:00 PM
8 Second Club

There's people and builders out there that are light years ahead of all the info collectively on here.
Then go somewhere else...I don't think anyone is lightyears ahead of a bunch of shops on here...especially ones like w2w where they have built some of the fastest race and street cars in the world...yes the world. But you know it all and everyone on here is dumb...
Old 03-13-2006, 08:16 PM
TECH Junkie

People who think that Quicken thinks most people are dumb here...

Would be the ones I'd think woudn't want to be posting in this thread, maybe?

I think it's crazy... and doable, it's just that the sepcifics of the combo narrow the options down and raise the stakes both economically and in terms of engineering... It's gotta come out right the first time (unless Quicken is a clandestine Lotto jackpot winner )... And that means listening to everything EVEN IF you have most figured out already... from ALL sources, good bad large small online firsthand testimonial expert opinion average driver sentiment WHATEVER! Even then maybe you didn't find out enough or ask enough...
Old 03-13-2006, 08:16 PM
10 Second Club

LT1homer since you aren't really giving any advice/suggestions or anything positive to this thread how bout you stay the hell out of it?

W2W is not the only shop that can make race cars and engines..And BTW they can speak for themselves too. He's allowed to keep asking for opinions especially since it will cost A LOT of money to do this.
Old 03-13-2006, 08:17 PM
TECH Junkie

Exactly my point (what you said in the last sentence).
Old 03-13-2006, 08:19 PM
TECH Junkie

I'm sure two 70's can fit with an INCON STYLE kit, maybe not specifically with the manufactured Incon kit people have... Different manifolds... higher up... Why not?
Old 03-13-2006, 08:23 PM
8 Second Club

LT1homer since you aren't really giving any advice/suggestions or anything positive to this thread how bout you stay the hell out of it?

W2W is not the only shop that can make race cars and engines..And BTW they can speak for themselves too. He's allowed to keep asking for opinions especially since it will cost A LOT of money to do this.
I am giving advice...it's dumb to waste that much money so you can race from a roll...I don't know how much clearer I could be...and a lot of people aren't even posting in this thread because it's so rediculous that they don't want to waste their time trying to explain the obvious...

Whatever...go have fun in your 1500 rwhp car that will get smoked by my car with less than half the hp in a REAL race...aka drag race...have never seen 'from a roll' racing organization but I guess when there's no rules anyone can be king...I want to have the fastest car from 50 mph to 100 mph...you can have the fastest from 51-101...then we are both kings and can go brag about the fact that we spent a lot of money to accomplish nothing but the praise of other ricers when we post our gay roll races on every message board...

That's my last post...feel free to PM me if I can help make myself clearer on MY opinion...since that is what they thread was asking for, right? Or was it only for opinions that agreed with the author? Maybe make a note of that next time...
Old 03-13-2006, 08:35 PM
TECH Fanatic

The problem is that the LSX platform is not like small block Fords, small block Chevys, or modular Fords.

There is a learning curve when making big power with these motors. There are only a handful of shops that have made over 1200rwhp consistently without breaking stuff pass after pass. W2W, Lingenfelter, and Stenod are the ones that come to mind. The fast LS1 cars come from these shops.

I can recommend W2W because I have personal experience with them. They put together the motor that is in the car now, and they will be doing the All Pro heads and solid roller conversion when this season is over. Expensive...yes, but totally worth it. Stenod and Lingenfelter both have great reputations, I just haven't dealt with them for anything major. The thing all of these shops share is satisfied customers.

If the shop that you are talking about has built an LSX that has made the kind of power that you are talking about consistently, then by all means use them. If dead set on using them regardless, then let them stick to what they know and retro-fit one of their proven combinations into your car.

Good luck either way.
Old 03-13-2006, 08:57 PM
10 Second Club

He's talking about using the Warhawk block and/or going with a SBC. It should be interesting to see how high you can turn up the wick on a Warhawk block.

lt1homer 1000 plus hp cars do not hook on the street from a dig that's why they gotta do roll races. I'm sure even you know that. Oh and these cars take it up to 160-180mph not 100.. And by the way why do you care so much what he intends to do with his car, its his money..Will your LT1 car run 7's in the 1/4 mile cause that is what a 1500 hp car will do. Even if he spins all the way down the track he'll probably still runs 9's..

You can guarantee if I was planning on spending 35-50 grand on a motor I'd be asking LOTS and LOTS of questions.

Quick Reply: 91 or 94mm single turbo + 427ci = RWHP