Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

91 or 94mm single turbo + 427ci = RWHP

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2006, 01:57 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It was only in every car magazine and car tv show 3-4 years ago...

There are no multiple or staged injectors per cylinders on these engines, nor were there on John Meany's car that I am referring to. That car was built over 4 years ago by Meany and Troy Trepenier (Rad Ride's By Troy) not far from where I live.

It's not like using Einstein as the example of talking to a college student, it's more comparible to Einstein's collegues. I deal with people that know, work, and collaborate with Meany. People who have worked with Meany and know him personally for years and who actually helped him develop/test his EFI sytems back in the DFI/FelPro/SpeedPro days. I too have used and continue to use his SEFI, WBO2, ICC, etc designs.

All this back and forth is pointless anyway. I have already proven the capacity and means of doing what I set out to do. It's really not a matter of debate, it's already a fact and has been for years. My current project will do the same.

Last edited by Monty; 03-14-2006 at 02:03 AM.
Old 03-14-2006, 02:09 AM
8 Second Club

Originally Posted by Monty
It was only in every car magazine and car tv show 3-4 years ago...

There are no multiple or staged injectors per cylinders on these engines, nor were there on John Meany's car that I am referring to. That car was built over 4 years ago by Meany and Troy Trepenier (Rad Ride's By Troy) not far from where I live.

It's not like using Einstein as the example of talking to a college student, it's more comparible to Einstein's collegues. I deal with people that know, work, and collaborate with Meany. People who have worked with Meany and know him personally for years and who actually helped him develop/test his EFI sytems back in the DFI/FelPro/SpeedPro days. I too have used and continue to use his SEFI, WBO2, ICC, etc designs.

All this back and forth is pointless anyway. I have already proven the capacity and means of doing what I set out to do. It's really not a matter of debate, it's already a fact and has been for years. My current project will do the same.
Still isn't going to hook on the street...and I guarantee it won't be as reliable as a true daily driver...just the baggage that comes with a car like that.

And that was the main point of the argument...not whether you can theoretically make that power on pump gas (which still hasn't been shown since it's easy to make an engine live on the dyno versus beating the **** out of it every day and at the strip)...

The underlying point is that dyno numbers don't mean ****...and racing from a roll is
Old 03-14-2006, 07:32 AM
10 Second Club

Received 1,746 Likes on 1,304 Posts

Who the hell cares!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!! If the creator of the thread feels a need to build this and push the limit for a Fbody streetcar then so be it,always nice to much it further and further.He wants some simple questions answer,so just answer them.Agree to Disagree and call it a day.Not everyone here on ls1tech agrees on everything,hell most dont agree on many things,but they still give info when its needed.DO it and be done with it,why get so sidetracked to prove a point when it doesnt affect anyone.
Old 03-14-2006, 09:08 AM
TECH Addict

I agree, its his money let him do whatever he wants with it. My TT 408 is a street car and I'm shooting for over 1000RWHP, nothing wrong with more power though

Also, there is a lot of roll racing around here too
Old 03-14-2006, 09:27 AM
On The Tree

Wow, can't believe what this thread has turned in to.

Did anyone ever say it's impossible to make 1500rw? I hope not, because it's obviously possible and even easy to do with enough budget.

I personally think that what you're doing is stupid, but that's OK, because that's what is cool about the automotive hobby. Everyone likes something different and that's awesome. It would suck if we all built the same car.

The only point that I will make, and this is what I've said earlier in this thread, is that you will not hook a true 1500RWHP on the street with radials, PERIOD. In fact, you probably won't hook it on the street with any tire at all, from 50 or 90 or 100 or 120mph.. I'm sorry, but if you think you will, you are dead WRONG. You obviously don't have any drag racing experience, and that's fine because you're not building a drag car....but you have to realize that those who have run high powered cars will know more about how they work than YOU have learned by READING about it.

Most any car with 1000hp or even close to it will be over 120mph by the 1/8th mile. How is it that so many of these cars continue to lose traction AFTER the 1/8th mile, even on slicks on a prepped track with a good burnout? And these are cars that are BUILT to hook. Have you ever watched an NMRA SSO race? I've followed the class since it began, and these cars black track the entire way down the track. Much of their tuning is taking power OUT of the car to get it down the track. These cars trap speeds are close to what you will end your freeway races at (170+), and hooking on a track is WAY easier than on the street. They are limited to a 91mm turbo, so their strongest cars will be about where yours will be.

The pump gas is a whole different issue, which I will not debate with you except to say two things: 1) horespower = cylinder pressure and 2) reading about it and doing it are very different.

I'll leave it at that, and I honestly wish you well with your project and hope it lives up to your plans. I really do think 1500rwhp would be cool, I love power, so the more the better, I just don't understand your application.
Old 03-14-2006, 09:32 AM
TECH Addict

Who is to say he won't back-half it and drop some huge DOT approved tires on there after he finds out what no traction is like?
Old 03-14-2006, 11:12 AM
8 Second Club

Originally Posted by Boostaholic
Who is to say he won't back-half it and drop some huge DOT approved tires on there after he finds out what no traction is like?
Back-halved cars running ladder bars/4-links don't do twisties very well...he would then have one of those boring cars that can only go straight really fast with mis-matched front and back tires...
Old 03-14-2006, 11:27 AM
TECH Veteran

I would run the same tires as alot of the 1,000 RWHP street cars do, wide R-Compound tires.
Old 03-14-2006, 11:27 AM
10 Second Club

man you don't you sure act like a little bitch, how bout being a man of your word and staying out of the thread..

THAAAAAANKS!
Old 03-14-2006, 11:33 AM
TECH Veteran

Also, there is a lot of roll racing around here too
Well make sure you tell everyone around there that LTLHOMER says there all gay.

If we had a good 1/4 mile track around here I'm sure there would be alot of these guys doing the drag race thing, but there's not, so they rather have an all-around sweet ride that does roll races, thats all. LTLHOMER just doesn't realize this or he just wants to keep his bullshit argument going to satisfy is own issues.

How pathetic. A thread about turbos and a big cube engine turns to **** because of one assclown keeps talking about "tire traction".

You know nothing HOMER, cars every single weekend, every single race, with over 1,000 RWHP hook just fine with a little skill right down here in south Florida, many of which are on videos all over the net, and go WOT from 50 and 50+ roll-ons. Learn how to drive your car other than on a sticky prepped track with sticky *** tires, than we'll call you a driver who's opinion might mean something.
Old 03-14-2006, 11:37 AM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by Got Me SOM
man you don't you sure act like a little bitch, how bout being a man of your word and staying out of the thread..

THAAAAAANKS!
I'm blown away, I've never seen this much hassle from someone ever on this site. I hope its not going down-hill.
Old 03-14-2006, 11:42 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ok this petty bickering has gone on long enough.
Old 03-14-2006, 11:53 AM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 1,163 Likes on 756 Posts

Thus thread is pointless.

Monty, I have never met you, but I have heard you live around here. I can see in your long vid that you might live on the North West side or something, I heard you live in Park Ridge. Anyway, all that vid shows is that your car won't hook on street. And that's it a deathtrap. Kind of like any car that makes huge power. Now, I've actually floored my car and stayed in it for about 1/8 mile near Speed Inc... on 28" slicks, front shocks on loose... I still spun sideways the entire time.

All I'm saying is that 700-1200rhwp on the street with radials does not work. When I was an 11.0 stroker car I could bust my nittos loose at 90mph... quite comical.

Quick/Lyle, let's get some vids and info on one or two of these radial warriors. I'd love the info...

I'm not trying to pick a fight with Monty or Lyle, but in Monty's vid your car is the same as mine is, but with big slicks I could at least go faster.

I've got a set of MT 325 DR's to mess with... I'll let you know how it does on the street with 1100rwhp soon. I'll videotape too. I'm not afraid to **** around on the street, but when I did last time I told folks to stand away from the curb.

Quick Reply: 91 or 94mm single turbo + 427ci = RWHP