Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

mpe racing fab anyone know anything about them

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2006, 06:20 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default mpe racing fab anyone know anything about them

anyone know how good of work they? I was going to have them fab some twin turbo headers and i wanted to get some info on there work.

thanks
Old 04-03-2006, 08:45 AM
TECH Apprentice

anyone?
Old 04-03-2006, 09:54 PM
TECH Fanatic

I have seen them quite a bit in the Forced Induction section on www.impalassforum.com Keith seems to be fairly decent guy, from what I have noticed for talking to him on that website.
Old 04-03-2006, 10:22 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Sandmann120
I have seen them quite a bit in the Forced Induction section on www.impalassforum.com Keith seems to be fairly decent guy, from what I have noticed for talking to him on that website.
I have heard that he has had some trouble with the buick guys so im kinda hesitent to send my money his way. I just wanted to get some other peoples opinion on it.
Old 04-04-2006, 09:01 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by boonesjgsilverado
I have heard that he has had some trouble with the buick guys so im kinda hesitent to send my money his way. I just wanted to get some other peoples opinion on it.
I spend a lot of time on the Buick boards. Kieth Mease is the guy, and he did have problems a while back. IIRC, he got way more business than he could handle and had delays in getting stuff out on time. I can only ASSume it's been rectified as there hasn't been much talk lately...

Russ
Old 04-04-2006, 10:13 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by S10xGN
I spend a lot of time on the Buick boards. Kieth Mease is the guy, and he did have problems a while back. IIRC, he got way more business than he could handle and had delays in getting stuff out on time. I can only ASSume it's been rectified as there hasn't been much talk lately...

Russ

thanks. Have you heard how good of work he does? Also have you heard anything about race proven motors (R.P.M) out of CA there closer to me and looks like they do some nice work.
Old 04-05-2006, 09:12 PM
Teching In

thanks. Have you heard how good of work he does? Also have you heard anything about race proven motors (R.P.M) out of CA there closer to me and looks like they do some nice work.

Mike lee owns R.P.M and does excellent work. He post a good deal over at syty.net and had my 321 SS headers built and did the valve covers to.
Attached Thumbnails mpe racing fab anyone know anything about them-engine.jpg  
Old 04-05-2006, 09:30 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I believe Mease did some pretty nice stuff, just got overloaded for a time. There was another Buick vendor that went through the same thing, Tony DeQuick @ CAS. I bought my custom front mount IC from him just before the problems started, it's a nice piece. Just goes to show, being a vendor isn't easy!

Russ
Old 04-05-2006, 11:05 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by syclone383
Mike lee owns R.P.M and does excellent work. He post a good deal over at syty.net and had my 321 SS headers built and did the valve covers to.

That thing is bad ***. Those are the same design headers i was going to go with. i think im going to end up going with rpm there alot closer to me and i have not heard any problems with them and they are resonably priced. are you happy with your headers any complaints.
Old 04-06-2006, 11:21 AM
TS6
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by S10xGN
I believe Mease did some pretty nice stuff, just got overloaded for a time. There was another Buick vendor that went through the same thing, Tony DeQuick @ CAS. I bought my custom front mount IC from him just before the problems started, it's a nice piece. Just goes to show, being a vendor isn't easy!

Russ

Theres a huge difference between being "busy" and being an irresponsible *******. Tony straight fucked some guys from what I recall. Mease, all I remember was people waiting forever for ****, which to a degree I understand, I get behind too, but he pretty much lied to people saying things like "Your parts were shipped such and such date", or whatever, when he knew he was lying.

I wouldn't use anyone with that kind of negative feedback, but thats just me. I have a hard enough time with the "good" ones.
Old 04-06-2006, 11:31 AM
11 Second Club

It was more than "some" troouble. It was quite a bit. He does great work, its just getting him to send you the stuff or answer your emails or phone calls concerning your parts which he makes you pay for in advance. If you could pay for them when they shipped like 99% of other businesses do, I bet he'd be more responsive to the customers.
Old 04-06-2006, 08:46 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by 89ws6formula50
It was more than "some" troouble. It was quite a bit. He does great work, its just getting him to send you the stuff or answer your emails or phone calls concerning your parts which he makes you pay for in advance. If you could pay for them when they shipped like 99% of other businesses do, I bet he'd be more responsive to the customers.

he wanted 1500 down and told me it would be around 3 weeks to get them out. I think im going to go with RPM they do good work and no complaints that i know of and there prices were about the same 2700 for 321 stainless forward swept with v band.

Quick Reply: mpe racing fab anyone know anything about them