Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Biggest turbo available for the incon kit?

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2006, 07:30 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by TTSSZ
If someone wants to donate a short block, I'll max out my 37's to get a baseline for comparison.

And for the Incon guys living precariously through the ones who have there’s running, Two days ago I dusted a brand new TT porche, I let him get a car length or two, so I got a good look at his TT badges (as I flipped opened my elec. cutouts.) Then I dropped the hammer and just drove right on by, even spun a little rubber at the top of third gear as I went by to add insult to injury. And I’m just shy of 600rw. I can’t imagine what it will be like for you guys when you’re pushing 900rw, but I can’t wait to here the stories.
where'd/how'd you get your pair of 37's?
Old 05-01-2006, 02:13 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by mahhddgtp
where'd/how'd you get your pair of 37's?
My guess would be that they came with his kit? lol

There were a few made with these....
Old 05-01-2006, 11:42 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Mike 01WS6
My guess would be that they came with his kit? lol

There were a few made with these....
Ah, I thought the Stage III's (gtbb-37s) never got sent out. Lucky him.. What's the A/R on the stage III's? .86? Not sure if they (the III kit) had the larger turbines or not.

I'm curious because I would love to get an Incon kit and upgrade the turbos.
Old 05-01-2006, 09:42 PM
Teching In

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I here the plan was to offer a bunch of different setups.
If Incon didn’t go under....you could have ordered from a menu of
(2) CHRS - (2) exhaust housings - (2) comp. housings
with a/r of 68 or 84 to make a custom fit setup for your application, ie, quicker boost for the street, or maybe more top end for drag ect.

How I got the gt37 kit ... I earned it.

short story......bought and sold 3 1/2 kits, and got lucky.

If anyone's interested......

It wasn’t easy.
Got a gt35 kit from Mike Brown, 1 week later a gt37 kit went for sale for almost the same price, so I was pissed I had such bad timing, so……bit the bullet….
I emptied the account, bought the 37 kit and put the 35 kit up for sale.
I was hoping to have both at the same time so I could scavenge both kit’s for the best parts from each, but the 35 kit sold in 2 days and I didn’t have the 37 kit yet.
I stalled the best I could but the buyer - Cablebandit (fastest Incon car right now )– new of Mike’s kit so I didn’t want to f- with it so off it went.
When the gt37 kit arrived 2 weeks later, it was not in good shape at all, so I was pissed.
It figured I dicked myself being greedy for the bigger turbos.

Well, 2 weeks later another Incon kit came up for sale, Brand new but missing some parts.
I got it so cheep you wouldn’t believe it. Turns out it was 96% complete and brand new. It was missing the CHRS and one housing. If you never seen one of these kits brand new, it’s impressive.

Rebuilt the 37’s at limit for good measure. The rest of my kit was now 100% brand new.
Sold the spare manifolds and I/C’s and hoses to L.P.E. and Cartek.

Mind you this was after trying to complete an Incon kit that Cartek had, and after trying to complete a CAS TT kit. So I paid my dues, and after actually making my money back and then some on all the spare parts, my Incon kit has been going strong for 13,000mi so far…….. I changed the oil a few times……..

Am I the only one who saw the brand new gt37 kit in the for sale section a few weeks ago for 8g’s. If I had the cash I would have took it to do a ls1 TT conversion on my 71rsz.
Attached Thumbnails Biggest turbo available for the incon kit?-2ndinconkit.jpg   Biggest turbo available for the incon kit?-3rdinconkitx.jpg   Biggest turbo available for the incon kit?-castt1.jpg   Biggest turbo available for the incon kit?-castt2.jpg   Biggest turbo available for the incon kit?-sweet.jpg  

Old 05-01-2006, 10:53 PM
TECH Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I've got the .86 Exhaust housings. I can't read the tag on the turbos to see what the compressor housings are. Anyone got any guesses? Oh, by the way, got the car running finally. After I fix the small oil leak coming from the oil pan fitting for the scavenge pump, I'll get it tuned. It sounds like a damn f-16 dragster with those turbos spooling!!!!!!
Old 05-01-2006, 10:56 PM
Coal Mining Director

0.6 comp on mine.
Old 05-01-2006, 11:53 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by TTSSZ
I here the plan was to offer a bunch of different setups.
If Incon didn’t go under....you could have ordered from a menu of
(2) CHRS - (2) exhaust housings - (2) comp. housings
with a/r of 68 or 84 to make a custom fit setup for your application, ie, quicker boost for the street, or maybe more top end for drag ect.

How I got the gt37 kit ... I earned it.

short story......bought and sold 3 1/2 kits, and got lucky.

If anyone's interested......

It wasn’t easy.
Got a gt35 kit from Mike Brown, 1 week later a gt37 kit went for sale for almost the same price, so I was pissed I had such bad timing, so……bit the bullet….
I emptied the account, bought the 37 kit and put the 35 kit up for sale.
I was hoping to have both at the same time so I could scavenge both kit’s for the best parts from each, but the 35 kit sold in 2 days and I didn’t have the 37 kit yet.
I stalled the best I could but the buyer - Cablebandit (fastest Incon car right now )– new of Mike’s kit so I didn’t want to f- with it so off it went.
When the gt37 kit arrived 2 weeks later, it was not in good shape at all, so I was pissed.
It figured I dicked myself being greedy for the bigger turbos.

Well, 2 weeks later another Incon kit came up for sale, Brand new but missing some parts.
I got it so cheep you wouldn’t believe it. Turns out it was 96% complete and brand new. It was missing the CHRS and one housing. If you never seen one of these kits brand new, it’s impressive.

Rebuilt the 37’s at limit for good measure. The rest of my kit was now 100% brand new.
Sold the spare manifolds and I/C’s and hoses to L.P.E. and Cartek.

Mind you this was after trying to complete an Incon kit that Cartek had, and after trying to complete a CAS TT kit. So I paid my dues, and after actually making my money back and then some on all the spare parts, my Incon kit has been going strong for 13,000mi so far…….. I changed the oil a few times……..

Am I the only one who saw the brand new gt37 kit in the for sale section a few weeks ago for 8g’s. If I had the cash I would have took it to do a ls1 TT conversion on my 71rsz.
What wheel/tire setup do you have on your car...i see they're HRE 547's but just wondered the size of the rims and tires you're running. Thx.
Old 05-02-2006, 12:20 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Thanks for the story TTSSZ, for some reason I always like hearing Incon stuff... It's like a weird fixation. I guess it's because when I first started out looking for messageboards, I never thought someone would make a TT kit for a Trans Am, yet that's what I've always wanted since I was like 13... But I ran across Harlan's TT Firehawk and I was amazed that there was a kit out for an f-body.. My first love? I'm sick..

I think someone should make a site dedicated to incon.... Seriously. Have people post all the pics to their setup... Videos, dynographs, stories, buy/sell/trade... That'd be great, because I want a GTBB-37 (stage 3) Incon kit one day (if I don't get rich enough to buy a setup from SpeedInc). Plus I like seeing how much power they put down... So pictures, videos, graphs amuse me...

Have any graphs of your gt37 setup? I'd be interested.
Old 05-02-2006, 06:56 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Mike 01WS6
What wheel/tire setup do you have on your car...i see they're HRE 547's but just wondered the size of the rims and tires you're running. Thx.
Rims are 18x10 18x11 with a c4 offset - 42mm
That gives a nice lip but the back stuck out a bit, so when I ordered my 9" rear I got it 1" shorter then stock.
(42mm + 1/2" is about 55mm) -
Now they fit just right. (BFH-fender rolled)
That above pic is before the 9".
The tires are pilot sx and are 275/40 and 325/30
325 are a grate old viper size that you can’t get anymore. Not sure if the next set will be 315 or 335. I don’t know if 335 are a good fit for an 11" rim.

anarchy99, what’s the No. on your CHRS?
Nothing better then the sound of turbos, do you have an exhaust on yet.
If your running a full exhaust, don’t forget to get elec. cutouts, they leek a bit when closed, but you will never have them closed. They’re my favorite part of my car.
Don’t forget to let the turbos cool down for a few if you were beating on it, before you shut it down. You might want a timer.
Your going to freek the first time you rip through the gears, and when it starts to brake loose at speed from just raw power.... ..HOLD ON..theres nothing better. And the first time you race someone and pull away wile still smoking the tires........
Old 05-02-2006, 10:25 AM
TECH Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I can't read the number on the CHS. It's illegible, probably due to age. The Exhaust housing has an .86 on it though, if that helps. I'll try to rub a little on the CHS tonight and see if I can make the numbers legible. I got an exhaust put on and I got my cutout on also. Yeah, it leaks a little bit, but even with the damn thing closed you can still hear the turbos spooling loud as hell!!! Once I get the tune worked out, stand by local roads. I'll also get a video up for everyone.
Old 05-02-2006, 11:43 AM
11 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I'm so glad I was able to pick up a kit. Bought my from Gary (Red WS6 99).

I about shat my pants when he asked if I was interested in buying the kit. "CONSIDER IT SOLD!!!"

Doing the house mod right now, so going to be a good while before I can even consider installing the kit.
Old 05-02-2006, 12:12 PM
Coal Mining Director

Originally Posted by anarchy99
I can't read the number on the CHS. It's illegible, probably due to age. The Exhaust housing has an .86 on it though, if that helps. I'll try to rub a little on the CHS tonight and see if I can make the numbers legible. I got an exhaust put on and I got my cutout on also. Yeah, it leaks a little bit, but even with the damn thing closed you can still hear the turbos spooling loud as hell!!! Once I get the tune worked out, stand by local roads. I'll also get a video up for everyone.
Comp housing is 0.60 AR
Old 05-02-2006, 07:08 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Larger turbo's, eh? Sounds tempting, now that I've decided to hold on to the car due to market conditions (I couldn't find a legit buyer at $18k for a virtually new car with a slightly used Incon kit).

So who is organizing the group purchase/upgrade for stage I owners
Old 06-25-2006, 06:53 AM
9 Second Club

Anoyone go anywhere with this? I am thinking about dropping the coin and see what happens.
Old 06-25-2006, 09:16 AM
Coal Mining Director

http://www.atpturbo.com/

They have some dynographs of the GT2871R upgraded to their GT3071R in a single turbo set-up.

I'm going to do it this winter after saving some $$
Old 06-27-2006, 05:20 AM
9 Second Club

I called Blouch turbo...791.50 each for the -11 or -12 cartridges including machining our housings. I'll let you know how it goes
Old 06-27-2006, 07:05 AM
Teching In

SWEET...
Could be the first Incon TT in the 8's.

I how ever just blew a brand new 9".
Not to happy with the dude who built it.
It went 1800mi. then
What a dick.
He is blaming it on the housing.
Now I have to drop another one in and do donuts in his lot to prove it was the center section.
If he is still a dick I'll start dropping his shops name so anyone around here (N. nj) can stay away.
Old 06-27-2006, 07:08 AM
9 Second Club

wont go 8s in my sled...only gonna pick up 100hp
Old 06-27-2006, 10:12 AM
11 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by cablebandit
wont go 8s in my sled...only gonna pick up 100hp
I'm personally hoping that will provide enough flow to make it into the 9's on a stick up at our altitude.
Old 06-27-2006, 01:44 PM
9 Second Club

you are in a different atmosphere Blouch said that he will try to get the -12 cartridges in...depends on the meat in the exhaust housing. No difference in price of -11 vs -12...3-5 days turnaround so I am trying to get mine shipped out tomorrow.

Quick Reply: Biggest turbo available for the incon kit?