Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Frustrated... Procharger guys... PLEASE HELP!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2006, 11:01 AM
7 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

For as much as you have in that set-up you should invest in an ATI Balancer and the matching SDCE crank pulley. That's what I have, no problems, see signature. I used to spin the OEM pulley loose all the time until I switched. I skipped over pinning the crank, but they say that works pretty well an maybe an easy inexpensive fix for now. Good luck!
Old 05-27-2006, 11:03 AM
kp
8 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You can see in the pics he has an ATI damper.

Also in the pics he has a huge pulley on the blower, looks like a 4" or something. But that doesnt look like an SDCE setup so they may be old pics. Thats why its nice to know exactly what pulleys are on the car..
Old 05-28-2006, 12:42 AM
TECH Resident

Check the intercooler where the tanks are welded to the core on both sides for cracking/bulging.
Old 05-30-2006, 02:00 PM
TECH Apprentice

Oaky, looked at this nightmare today... No cracks or bulging on the intercooler... Pulley sizes are the SDCE 7.25inch crank pulley and 3.7inch blower pulley... The harmonic balancer is pinned/ keyed to the crankshaft however the crank pulley is bolted onto the balancer... Does the crank pulley also have to be pinned/ keyed to the balancer?

As of now, I shipped the D1sc off to procharger for them to look at it just to be safe... The reason I feel the procharger could be broken is on the dyno graph from 2500 to 5600 rpms the boost levels increase in a linear regression peaking at 6psi, however after 5600 they remain constant at 6psi, the boost does not increase nor decrease until redline (6700) where it stops... I've asked a few guys about the car while it was on the dyno/ idling and they said my blower seems to run louder than other D1SC setups... So i hope im doing the right thing by sending it out, to be safe...

What do you guys think now? I attached some pictures i took today, so let me know what y'all think. Thanks again for all of your help!

Jayson
Old 05-30-2006, 02:42 PM
TECH Resident

You have either a leak, or slip issue if the boost is flatlining. There isn't anything physical that could be wrong with the supercharger to cause your symptoms.

Last edited by andereck; 05-30-2006 at 02:48 PM.
Old 05-30-2006, 05:50 PM
TECH Apprentice

Can anyone else confirm?
Old 05-30-2006, 06:21 PM
TECH Resident

Is there an air intake installed, or do you still just have a section of silicone hose attached to the inlet of the blower?

Check to make sure the o-ring is installed on the race valve. Where is the race valve tied into the intake manifold? Does any other accessory share its vacuum line?
Old 05-30-2006, 07:21 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I highly doubt it's the blower.
Have to agree with a boost leak problem. Either the intake is splitting or the race bypass is not holding the pressure in.
Old 05-30-2006, 07:44 PM
kp
8 Second Club

Originally Posted by Blownramair
Oaky, looked at this nightmare today... No cracks or bulging on the intercooler... Pulley sizes are the SDCE 7.25inch crank pulley and 3.7inch blower pulley... The harmonic balancer is pinned/ keyed to the crankshaft however the crank pulley is bolted onto the balancer... Does the crank pulley also have to be pinned/ keyed to the balancer?

As of now, I shipped the D1sc off to procharger for them to look at it just to be safe... The reason I feel the procharger could be broken is on the dyno graph from 2500 to 5600 rpms the boost levels increase in a linear regression peaking at 6psi, however after 5600 they remain constant at 6psi, the boost does not increase nor decrease until redline (6700) where it stops... I've asked a few guys about the car while it was on the dyno/ idling and they said my blower seems to run louder than other D1SC setups... So i hope im doing the right thing by sending it out, to be safe...

What do you guys think now? I attached some pictures i took today, so let me know what y'all think. Thanks again for all of your help!

Jayson
As long as the damper is keyed to the crank thats all you need, the blower pulley cant spin - its bolted to the ATI damper..

I really cant see it being the blower unless a couple blades are broken off or something went through it and really tore up the housing.

The 3.7 is not the 'max' pulley, they make a 3.4 and others have tried 3.2 inch to get the last lttle bit.
Old 05-31-2006, 12:14 AM
TECH Regular

Im still not sure if you said it is or isnt pinned, sounds like it may not be. If its not pinned thats more then likely the problem id guess.
Old 05-31-2006, 12:33 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by ChicagoTransAm
Im still not sure if you said it is or isnt pinned, sounds like it may not be. If its not pinned thats more then likely the problem id guess.
check out post 24
Old 05-31-2006, 08:41 AM
TECH Senior Member

Since the pullies checked out I'd swap on a stock LS6 intake and test if you have one lying around. Quick and easy to do.

Nice setup BTW
Old 06-01-2006, 06:42 AM
TECH Apprentice

That's the plan... As soon as i hear an update from Procharger and if they say the blower is okay, i'm going to strap on my old ls6 intake and start their... The only other leak, if their is one present that i cant see, could be the head gaskets... I blew one about 2 years ago but that was with a different setup... Im praying it's not that... I will keep y'all informed with what i hear. I'm simply frustrated with this machine and "most" of the time i think i have a loss of pressure I think it's a leak, but rarely have i found it to be that. But when that day comes and this nightmare is fixed, I should have one sickening fast street car...

What intakes do y'all use when pushing 12+psi that work the best?

Take r' easy y'all... I'll post when i hear something

Jayson
Old 06-01-2006, 10:49 PM
TS6
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

How could a blown head gasket cause you to loose boost on a blower car?
Old 06-02-2006, 04:28 AM
EPP
FormerVendor

The LS6 intake works great with 12 psi of boost.
A badly blown head gasket could indeed cause boost to be lost. Boost is forced through the intake valve, the exhaust valve is closed, and the piston is on it's way up the cylinder. Provided the rings are sealing, max boost is created unless it leaks out through the head gasket. Bob
Old 06-07-2006, 01:42 PM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I once had NO boost condition from a hose that came loose. But, the car also ran like crap ... it would barely stay cranked (this was before a cam swap). A small leak just might cause your problem. But, I assumed you checked all your hoses/connections/clamps.
Old 06-07-2006, 03:31 PM
TS6
10 Second Club

I see, but I would have to assume a head gasket blown that bad would be very obvious and would create other easily noticeable symptoms.
Old 06-07-2006, 03:52 PM
TECH Addict

Doesnt a blown head gasket cause the coolant to bubble up and leak?
Old 06-07-2006, 04:09 PM
TECH Fanatic

What about the flex hose on the intake side of the blower? Ive had that suck shut on my old setup... It tore away from the wire spring thats laminated between the two layers of silicone.
When it did, I got about half the boost I was supposed to and the car really laid down hard. I was mid track when it happened and it was pulling hard all the way untill this, then WAM, right on her face.
I thought I seriously screwed something up, untill my buddy was like "dude, is that orange hose supposed to be flat".
Good luck with it
Old 06-07-2006, 05:52 PM
TS6
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Fire67
What about the flex hose on the intake side of the blower? Ive had that suck shut on my old setup... It tore away from the wire spring thats laminated between the two layers of silicone.
When it did, I got about half the boost I was supposed to and the car really laid down hard. I was mid track when it happened and it was pulling hard all the way untill this, then WAM, right on her face.
I thought I seriously screwed something up, untill my buddy was like "dude, is that orange hose supposed to be flat".
Good luck with it

I wish my automotive problems were always that easy!

Quick Reply: Frustrated... Procharger guys... PLEASE HELP!!!