Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Frustrated... Procharger guys... PLEASE HELP!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2006, 06:08 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You obviously clocked your blower.....was it a pain in the *** and what air filter are you running?
Old 06-07-2006, 11:39 PM
TECH Fanatic

super nice set up you got there
Old 06-07-2006, 11:57 PM
Staging Lane

Ur not alone im having the same problem.. Im running a 20# pully and only seeing 5#'s !!!!!
Old 06-08-2006, 07:01 AM
TECH Apprentice

Thanks for all the replies... Sorry I havn't replied in awhile guys... The car is in the same position as it was last time, unfortunately... All hoses/ clamps/ fittings are NOT leaking, the intake is NOT leaking, the procharger's perfectly fine, and the intercooler appears to NOT be leaking or absorbing too much boost... Currently I waiting for dyno time... I've spoke to some Forced induction Guru's in the Detroit area (Holmes/ Moran) they said the same thing with a leak/ induction/ intercooler problem... I have hooked 4 boost gauges up to the car ( one at the procharger, one at the intercooler intake, one at the exit of the intercooler and one at the throttle body) Here i'll know where my boost is being lost. If i was smart, i would of done this the first time... This way im very confident we'll know what's wrong with this nightmare... Once again, I appreciate all of your replies with helping me trying to figure out this nightmare... I just pray that when she's done I'll be happy with what the track says

From 12.5lbs of boost to 6lbs is way too much of a loss with everything being brand new and a bullet proof w2w blower motor... Something's gone bad... Stay tuned, i'll update as soon as I have more information...

Thanks y'all
Old 06-08-2006, 07:06 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by BlownBird68
Ur not alone im having the same problem.. Im running a 20# pully and only seeing 5#'s !!!!!
What part of Michigan are you located in? You have a lil bigger problem then me, lol... let us know what you found out the problem to be...

Jay
Old 06-08-2006, 07:12 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Fire67
What about the flex hose on the intake side of the blower? Ive had that suck shut on my old setup... It tore away from the wire spring thats laminated between the two layers of silicone.
When it did, I got about half the boost I was supposed to and the car really laid down hard. I was mid track when it happened and it was pulling hard all the way untill this, then WAM, right on her face.
I thought I seriously screwed something up, untill my buddy was like "dude, is that orange hose supposed to be flat".
Good luck with it
I do not run the acordian air filter when i race/ tune the car... If i drive it on the street I have a "mesh piece" covering the inlet so no stones jump in and wanna go for a ride... That air filter system procharger gives us, restricts the air flow too much for my liking, so i dont even run it... And yes it's a pain in the butt to get on/ off...

J
Old 06-08-2006, 09:07 AM
TECH Fanatic

Yeah, but my LT1 setup doesnt look nearly as restrictive as that plastic(rubber?) hat on the intake side of your blower. As of now, its just the accordian hose clamped right to the blower.
I'll soon be making a metal intake for mine so I dont have to worry about colapsing the hose again. Any suggestions on pipe size for the intake of these?
On the LT1 cars it necks down from the blower inlet O.D. to the MAF O.D. Probably because the LT1 kits originally intended the MAF to be 'suck through', and Im now running 'blow through'.
Old 06-08-2006, 09:41 AM
Staging Lane

Blownramair did you try a different bov ?
Old 06-09-2006, 06:40 AM
TECH Apprentice

Okay... Found the problem... FINALLY!!! It's really a dumb mistake on my part or someones, but i'll take the blame. So, after we hooked the four "new" boost guages up (one at the blower, one at the intercooler inlet/ exit, and one at the throttle body) we found the boost pressure in EVERY location to read between 12.2lbs and 12.5lbs. So, then i tied the boost guage in the cockpit of the car to the dyno and it only read 6psi again? Either the guage is busted, the line is kinked/ leaking, or not installed correctly. Reason the dyno was reading 6psi and flatlining is because we tied the dynometer's boost reading into the same location as the one in the car. This caused my tune to be way off. Good news tho, the car made over 70+ more rwhp... I'm not totally satisfied with the hp/tq numbers, but i could care less what they read, just matters what that Milan Dragway track says. I have a rather big converter so that throws the hp off a bit. Anywho, just wanted to update y'all with the mistake we all made. I was getting very frustrated with this nightmare. I'll be going to Milan next wednesday for testing. I will let y'all know how she does. Prolly gonna make mostly 1/8mile passes because everything's brand new. Once again, I want to thank everyone for their posts and thoughts to help me out, hopefully, when you have problems I can assist y'all. Take r' easy...

Jayson
Old 06-09-2006, 07:11 AM
11 Second Club

Glad you finally figured something out. You think maybe you have a clogged vaccum port that you are using for a refernce for your boost guage??
Old 06-09-2006, 07:23 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Blownramair
Okay... Found the problem... FINALLY!!! It's really a dumb mistake on my part or someones, but i'll take the blame. So, after we hooked the four "new" boost guages up (one at the blower, one at the intercooler inlet/ exit, and one at the throttle body) we found the boost pressure in EVERY location to read between 12.2lbs and 12.5lbs. So, then i tied the boost guage in the cockpit of the car to the dyno and it only read 6psi again? Either the guage is busted, the line is kinked/ leaking, or not installed correctly. Reason the dyno was reading 6psi and flatlining is because we tied the dynometer's boost reading into the same location as the one in the car. This caused my tune to be way off. Good news tho, the car made over 70+ more rwhp... I'm not totally satisfied with the hp/tq numbers, but i could care less what they read, just matters what that Milan Dragway track says. I have a rather big converter so that throws the hp off a bit. Anywho, just wanted to update y'all with the mistake we all made. I was getting very frustrated with this nightmare. I'll be going to Milan next wednesday for testing. I will let y'all know how she does. Prolly gonna make mostly 1/8mile passes because everything's brand new. Once again, I want to thank everyone for their posts and thoughts to help me out, hopefully, when you have problems I can assist y'all. Take r' easy...

Jayson

Glad to here you got it fixed but i dont think my problem is the same

Quick Reply: Frustrated... Procharger guys... PLEASE HELP!!!