Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

My thoughts about meth injection

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2006 | 08:20 AM
Turbo Addict

Originally Posted by frcefed98
Got a meth question as I'm tinkering with the stuff now.

I'm running a 35% meth/water mix.

Now for the question(s)

When I spray from a roll say 50+mph, the car pulls hard and acceleration is nice and brutal.

But when I go from a dig and the meth activates(7psi preset) it'll pull hard up until I hit full boost(15psi) once it hits full boost the acceleration goes soft like its pulling but not very hard. A/F is 11.5 with no KR showing up on my HPT stuff.

Does this mean that my nozzle might be too big and is overwhelming the car from a dig?

From a roll its freakin mean
Run more meth concentration.... i can tell a huge difference when i run 50/50 versus 100% meth. My car acts like a small nitrous shot comes on when the meth hits....and i am spraying a 675ml and 225ml nozzle at 220psi...afr at less than 10.1 down low.

As far as how much it consumes... the $3.50/gal i pay for meth more than pays for itself with how much boost i can run on this stock engine.
Old 05-30-2006 | 08:22 AM
7 Second Club

Originally Posted by Superman09
well whats about average size tank and price to fill it. Just curious if its something that runs out quick and is very pricey to fill. Gracias

when i buy a 55 gallon drum of methonal its about 110$
Old 05-30-2006 | 09:54 AM
TECH Regular

Time to throw some Nitro in the tank!
Old 05-30-2006 | 09:59 AM
TECH Fanatic

Fletchls1
Are running the Vari Controller? If so did you set it up via software or are you using 1 of the 10 preset programs?

What did you use for a tank and where did you mount it?
Old 05-30-2006 | 10:12 AM
single digit dreamer

i have the alky control kit. julio is very helpfull, dont call him unless you have a little time to get educated .

i run strait meth like julio sugests. i have it turn on at about 4 psi and have the gain turned to max so the flow rate goes up prety fast as boost goes up. i had to pull a lot of fuel to get the a/f right. if my wideband goes much under 11.0/1(reported on the gauge) it starts to flood out so i shoot for 11.5/1 just like i would normaly. i have 2- 10 nozles, i dont know what that 10 stands for.

i have a 4 gallon cell for my meth, it seems like the level never changes. knowing how little i would go thru if i were to build another set up i would go with a 1 gallon tank somewhere under the hood. i spray more than most and only go thru about 1 gallon every few tanks of fuel.

i was able to go from 11psi max no knock with 92 octane all the way up to 16psi with the meth. thats around 200rwhp on my set up. thats around 750rwhp. it actualy dynoed over 1000rwhp at 22psi on pump gas with meth but this was on a dynojet and as we all know the load isn't acurate and i had to turn it back to 16psi to avoid knock once on the street.

my intercooler is prety small for my set up. i am steping up to a larger intercooler set up and hope to do the aftermarket aluminum intake to even out the air flow and i also plan up uping the meth flow. i wouldn't be suprized to see over 900rwhp with meth and 92octane.
Old 05-30-2006 | 10:14 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by 618HAWK
Fletchls1
Are running the Vari Controller? If so did you set it up via software or are you using 1 of the 10 preset programs?

What did you use for a tank and where did you mount it?
Im not running the controller, im using a hobbs switch. The tank was from another alcohol injection kit. I mounted it where the egr pump used to be under the fuse boxes. The cap of the tank is sticking out of the round hole which makes for easy access!
Old 05-30-2006 | 10:18 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by fletchls1
Im not running the controller, im using a hobbs switch. The tank was from another alcohol injection kit. I mounted it where the egr pump used to be under the fuse boxes. The cap of the tank is sticking out of the round hole which makes for easy access!
Thanks....
So what is your consumption-MIX? Are you running one nozzel or two? What size?
Old 05-30-2006 | 10:51 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by 618HAWK
Thanks....
So what is your consumption-MIX? Are you running one nozzel or two? What size?
Im running 100% meth..As for consumption, I havent been getting on it real hard because I still need a good tune. Its one nozzel but like I said before I will have to look at my package and see what it says..As soon as I get home (thursday) I will take a look and let everyone know.
Old 05-30-2006 | 10:56 AM
TECH Regular

Default Question for everyone running a meth system

Since it pulls harder/boost faster when it kicks in, would it be worth while to have it start injecting at 1psi? Currently I have it injecting around 3 or 4.
Old 05-30-2006 | 01:13 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

about how many miles out on the street or passes will a 55 gallon drum last? Could it last me the whole summer on the street and a few trips to the track?

Featuring 6 different turbo kits for your F-body!
Check us out on Facebook at: www.facebook.com/HuronSpeed
Old 05-30-2006 | 01:15 PM
single digit dreamer

55 gallons is most likely a couple of year supply. i would be worried about it colecting moisture more than running out.
Old 05-30-2006 | 01:32 PM
7 Second Club

Originally Posted by parish8
55 gallons is most likely a couple of year supply. i would be worried about it colecting moisture more than running out.

i run a 509 on meth also... thats why i buy soo much

i was just giving an instance
Old 05-30-2006 | 04:21 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by parish8
i have the alky control kit. julio is very helpfull, dont call him unless you have a little time to get educated .

i run strait meth like julio sugests. i have it turn on at about 4 psi and have the gain turned to max so the flow rate goes up prety fast as boost goes up. i had to pull a lot of fuel to get the a/f right. if my wideband goes much under 11.0/1(reported on the gauge) it starts to flood out so i shoot for 11.5/1 just like i would normaly. i have 2- 10 nozles, i dont know what that 10 stands for.

i have a 4 gallon cell for my meth, it seems like the level never changes. knowing how little i would go thru if i were to build another set up i would go with a 1 gallon tank somewhere under the hood. i spray more than most and only go thru about 1 gallon every few tanks of fuel.

i was able to go from 11psi max no knock with 92 octane all the way up to 16psi with the meth. thats around 200rwhp on my set up. thats around 750rwhp. it actualy dynoed over 1000rwhp at 22psi on pump gas with meth but this was on a dynojet and as we all know the load isn't acurate and i had to turn it back to 16psi to avoid knock once on the street.

my intercooler is prety small for my set up. i am steping up to a larger intercooler set up and hope to do the aftermarket aluminum intake to even out the air flow and i also plan up uping the meth flow. i wouldn't be suprized to see over 900rwhp with meth and 92octane.

Good info Parish.
My car "feels" like its flooding out as well. I'm in the process of trying to bring the a/f back to 11.5-11.8 like I'd run off of meth. Seems to be responding very well. My testing today felt real good, no KR but it did bog a bit on intial hit but cleared up, nothing like it did yesterday.

My a/f was dipping around 11.3-10.9 today, yesterday before the tune adjustment, it was 11.1-10.5 and bogged bad and had a bit of KR (1.5 deg) too much fueling I guess.

I'm thinking my nozzle is way too big and is causing the bog, considering that i'm a mile high, I really don't see needing a large nozzle to get what I need out of the meth kit. I'm using my WW tank as a meth tank and the level is going down pretty fast considering that i've sprayed it about 6-8 times for about 5 seconds each time?? From what i've read here, it should be less?

One question that I do need answered is, do I have to be at WOT when spraying the meth? If not will this cause a bog.

Any more pointers you meth fiends can throw out, please do.
Old 05-30-2006 | 09:22 PM
TECH Regular

[QUOTE=frcefed98]One question that I do need answered is, do I have to be at WOT when spraying the meth? If not will this cause a bog. QUOTE]

I dont spray mine at WOT and it doesnt bog. If it is bogging, its getting too much.
Old 05-30-2006 | 09:25 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by fletchls1
Since it pulls harder/boost faster when it kicks in, would it be worth while to have it start injecting at 1psi? Currently I have it injecting around 3 or 4.

Anyone??

Also, another question for you meth addicts--does anyone know how much power meth produces alone when injecting a normal size shot?
Old 05-30-2006 | 10:04 PM
TECH Senior Member

[QUOTE=fletchls1]
Originally Posted by frcefed98
One question that I do need answered is, do I have to be at WOT when spraying the meth? If not will this cause a bog. QUOTE]

I dont spray mine at WOT and it doesnt bog. If it is bogging, its getting too much.
Yeah kinda figured, I ordered up a M5 and a M7 nozzle to see what those do for me. Start real small and work on up.

I wish I bought my meth kit new now...don't know if the past owner tinkered with the pump output, or the meth controller. I was "assuming" it was out of the box new...but now I dont know.

I'll probably end up doing it all again(whats new huh) and buy a new kit if I can't get this one to play nice. I did take off my intake pipe and its not puddling up in there....so thats good, checkvalve is working.
J
Old 05-31-2006 | 02:13 PM
TECH Fanatic

what are the possible cons of running meth? if the system fails you just have too much boost for the gas youre running and havoc is had? what other concequences are there? is it bad so to speak for the internals? etc
Old 05-31-2006 | 02:32 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Superman09
well whats about average size tank and price to fill it. Just curious if its something that runs out quick and is very pricey to fill. Gracias
Methanol is super cheap! I use about 50 cents worth for every gastank fill up when I'm in boost alot. Remember, methanol will only flow when you are in boost.

For example, drive a full tank of gas without going into boost and you use no methanol.

Example 2. I did over 20 dyno runs at WOT and I used about a quart of Methanol.

Example 3. I average about a quart of methanol evry gas fill-up and I am mixing it 50/50 with water so I'm only using a 1/2 quart evry tankful of actual methanol. At $2.00 per gallon I'm paying 50 cents to run the equivelant of 116 race gas.

Hands down, it's the best mod you could do on a forced induction car.
Old 05-31-2006 | 02:54 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I use MR.FREEZE from Anderson Ford Motorsport you basically use windshield washer fluid rated for -30 work great on my bucket
Old 05-31-2006 | 02:55 PM
TECH Enthusiast

http://www.andersonfordmotorsport.co...eeze.html#dyno

Quick Reply: My thoughts about meth injection