Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Hi-Flo pixxx ...56k, naga-naga-nagunnahappin

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2006, 05:21 PM
Banned

Willem @ Fuel Injection Concepts's Avatar

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Incognito

**** man your right... that collector looks like top knock craftsmanship THAT'S what I think is hilarious. Also, yes I will complain about crappy work when I see it.

Turbo ls1 ss - I imagine the kit will still perform. Congrats on having a turbo car. I would assume for the $ and time that the final product would look better. It certainly wasn't your fault.
James, take some pics of that collector on your supra header so we can laugh about it too.
Old 06-30-2006, 05:39 PM
TECH Fanatic

Bill while ur on the site is there a diffrence in price between the black coating and teh silver coating?
Old 06-30-2006, 05:50 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i know this will perform and that all im worried about. the welds are functional...etc etc etc......im happy with what i bought. i just cant wait to get it together. im not too worried about how pretty the welds are
Old 06-30-2006, 08:04 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I agree, the kit will be functional... no doubt about it. Im happy to see one on a car!

I understand where some people are coming from cause some of the statements of the past were, well, large.
Hi-Flo used to say they were including an Incolnel heat sheild for the turbo... have any pics of that? Is that still part of the deal?

Best of luck to you.

I will admit, I did expect it to look a lil somthing more like this :
Old 06-30-2006, 08:21 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

No..not banks...Burns That was actually a set a local welder and friend made and other than the burns collectors and some 321 , this wasnt some big dollar deal, but was high quality. It was also much easier as this is not for an F-body.

I was by no means be-littling your system. Welds dont make a car go fast either. The more ls1 turbos out there, the more we all learn about the quirks and the more mustangs we beat!
Old 06-30-2006, 08:27 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Jammer
No..not banks...Burns That was actually a set a local welder and friend made and other than the burns collectors and some 321 , this wasnt some big dollar deal, but was high quality. It was also much easier as this is not for an F-body.

I was by no means be-littling your system. Welds dont make a car go fast either. The more ls1 turbos out there, the more we all learn about the quirks and the more mustangs we beat!

i know u werent belittling me...and im open to the criticism. hell... with my trunk turbo last year i had a good time, and could keep up with some decent ****. i think between the engine i built and the front mount, and a little more boost (by little i mean twice as much on double the VE, lol), ill be able to hold my own this year time to step it up a notch
Old 07-01-2006, 01:49 AM
Launching!

function >pretty
Old 07-01-2006, 10:07 AM
Coal Mining Director

(that doesnt have the fins on it BTW),

What fins are missing?

Hope things work out for ya fast....I know the frustrations of being down for parts.
Old 07-01-2006, 10:10 AM
Coal Mining Director

Got it.
Old 07-01-2006, 10:21 AM
Banned

This is going to get ugly.....................
Old 07-01-2006, 10:27 AM
11 Second Club

WOW. Not really suprised, but ... wow.
Old 07-01-2006, 10:38 AM

Wow... interesting place for a IC....

Good luck bro!
Old 07-01-2006, 11:21 AM
TECH Junkie

Bill and marko quit ******* around here. I was also told I would have tracking number by the end of the week? If the kit is NOT COMPLETE DO NOT BOTHER GIVING ME A TRACKING NUMBER! My kit needs to be complete WITH INSTRUCTIONS. I do not want to have ANY MISSING PARTS. Could you PM me with a realistic update on my kit please.
Old 07-01-2006, 11:33 AM
On The Tree

Should be nice once its on the car.
Old 07-01-2006, 12:09 PM
11 Second Club

i would have really liked to see this thread pull hi-flo in the right direction, i have followed the threads from the beginning. it would be nice to see these guys get it together and i hope you guys that ordered a kit get them soon. i think this kit was headed in the right direction and could have done very well.
Old 07-01-2006, 12:32 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by BIRDONNOS
i would have really liked to see this thread pull hi-flo in the right direction, i have followed the threads from the beginning. it would be nice to see these guys get it together and i hope you guys that ordered a kit get them soon. i think this kit was headed in the right direction and could have done very well.

it still can pull them in the right direction if by for some reason it was a no fault error, something got mixed up, and i got my stuff monday, weds at the latest of next week. id call myself and *******, say im wrong, and hi-flo could prosper. im hoping that is the case, and everyone can move on happily. i decided to stop holding back cuz this is complete bullshit, and i will do whatever it takes to get what i payed for, and get my car im making payments and paying insurance for ON THE ROAD. if it were my business, i would be in my mode of transportation RIGHT NOW, trucking to my customer to bring what i promised and have been payed for, and i'd see to its completion. thats how to run a successful business. HINT HINT
Old 07-01-2006, 12:36 PM
Banned

Willem @ Fuel Injection Concepts's Avatar

Originally Posted by Turbo LS1 SS
it still can pull them in the right direction if by for some reason it was a no fault error, something got mixed up, and i got my stuff monday, weds at the latest of next week. id call myself and *******, say im wrong, and hi-flo could prosper. im hoping that is the case, and everyone can move on happily. i decided to stop holding back cuz this is complete bullshit, and i will do whatever it takes to get what i have been told im getting at this point. if it were my business, i would be in my mode of transportation RIGHT NOW, trucking to my customer to bring what i promised and have been payed for, and i'd see to its completion. thats how to run a successful business. HINT HINT
Bill,
I wish I could hand deliver the stuff to you (if i had the time and money to do such a thing). It looks like the rest of your stuff will not be there until wednesday, as we made a mistake and only marked the one box to go for saturday delivery (ups doesnt automatically deliver on saturdays). I hope you believe me that I wanted to do my hardest to have your car running by this holiday weekend, and you have no idea how sorry I am for this dillema. I hope you understand and appreciate the huge amount of money we had to pay on our end to even get this stuff shipped on a saturday, though I realize at this point it seemed kind of pointless.
Old 07-01-2006, 01:05 PM
TECH Addict

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Incognito
Here you go. Here's the weld on the down pipe vband flange. That's all I have on me at the moment.

Like I was saying... the welds look horrible on the black stealth kit.

Holy undercut. Stainless is stressed enough, you just added a breaking point. Way to hot, it should look like a rainbow. SS burns easy. And Yes you can go over a weld if it isnt perfect, especially if its undercut like this. This would never pass anywhere.

Mine isnt perfect, but its a good example of a correct SS weld. ignore the transition peice from round to square.

Last edited by pwrtrip75; 07-01-2006 at 01:12 PM.
Old 07-01-2006, 02:05 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Turbo LS1 SS
i hope this is the case...at least i feel a little more secure knowing that there is another box waiting to be delivered. time to get drunk in the sun
hope you got a tracking number for it. good luck.
Old 07-01-2006, 06:11 PM
Banned

I dont think that pic is stainless.... looks like mild steel to me.

Quick Reply: Hi-Flo pixxx ...56k, naga-naga-nagunnahappin