Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

ProCharger inlet help...

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2006, 08:23 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by DJ's99SS
Thats what I'm (sort of) currently using...had the exact set up with a cloth based material/large reinforced wire hose that worked as I wanted it too (did not collapse) but the material was too old and started to rip in a couple of places in the sharp bend. This looks to be a rubber based material and is exactly what I'm looking for and then hanging a quality 8-10" round cylinder universal filter in the fender well...

Could you please pm me or post up some info who carries this...THANKS!!
Slowhawk sourced and installed that set-up for me. You would have to double check with him, but if I remember correctly, I think he said that it's from a Mustang kit, or it's what the Procharged Mustang racers around here use. He might be able to point you in the right direction on where to source it.
Old 07-16-2006, 08:31 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by koji777
How much boost are you running through this hose? Where do you get this hose? Because or the "ribbed" contruction, is it effecient?
Well the hose is under vaccume not boost, since it's on the inlet side. Slowhawk did my whole set-up so that's where it was sourced. I think he might have told me it was from a Mustang kit but I'm not sure about that one. I don't really have a way to measure it's efficiency, but it works well for me and I think several of the bigtime Procharged Mustang racers around here use it.
Old 07-16-2006, 10:43 PM
TECH Regular

Yeah sorry, I meant suction I'd like to give this hose a try. If ya can get any info , part# or manufacturer I would deeply appreciate it... seems alot easier to do than kicking the rad forward and adding an aluminum 90
Old 07-17-2006, 02:21 AM
TECH Enthusiast

If you want wire reinforced tubing look at sfsperformance.com and roll down to the bottom an go "wire reinforced" It looks like silicone to me, and like it would flow better than other stuff. Smooth and strong looking. Hopefully it would bend tight enough. 102mm would fit, they have a distributor in Indianapolis.

Last edited by BOONE; 07-17-2006 at 02:26 AM.
Old 07-17-2006, 02:41 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by BOONE
If you want wire reinforced tubing look at sfsperformance.com and roll down to the bottom an go "wire reinforced" It looks like silicone to me, and like it would flow better than other stuff. Smooth and strong looking. Hopefully it would bend tight enough. 102mm would fit, they have a distributor in Indianapolis.
Thanks! I'll be checking this one out too...
Old 07-17-2006, 10:28 PM
Staging Lane

I just bought a 4' rubber 90 degree elbow for my inlet and im running about 18#'s on a F1 procharger.. Havent tryed it yet but I was told it will not collapse.. Purcharsed the peice from andersonfordmotorsport.com
They have Power pipes like this:

If you want wire reinforced tubing look at sfsperformance.com and roll down to the bottom an go "wire reinforced" It
Im really interested in that wire reinforced tubing! That would make running my inlet pipe sooo much easier! Anyone has experiance with that stuff?? U guys would laugh if you saw the size K&N air cleaner i have to run, its about the size of your fist and its sucking rite off my headers on a 1st Gen camaro

Last edited by BlownBird68; 07-17-2006 at 10:35 PM.
Old 07-18-2006, 12:26 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Another option although heavier is a post I read with these donuts that you can cut and weld to suit your needs. its chassisshop.com, look for the donuts, they have 4" OD so I ordered it. Its 16 gauge and heavy but it will hold a heavy filter suspended so it wont develop a hole and suck dirt like is so easy to do. Alum would be better but they don't have it, and i didn't want to get a extra gas tank for my welder anyway. You can configure it to some cool bends.

Last edited by BOONE; 07-18-2006 at 12:35 AM.
Old 07-19-2006, 03:45 PM
TECH Addict

The HKS filter didnt fit ... There goes that idea.
Old 07-25-2006, 02:14 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Has anyone ordered that SFS reinforced wire type of hose? I am willing to try it out with my D1. Does anyone know if the 102mm will work nicely with a D1, and how long it has to be? Thanks
Old 07-26-2006, 07:23 AM
11 Second Truck Club

look at racingsportsakimoto.com...mfg...not vendor
click on "spiral flex intake system"
Old 07-26-2006, 10:37 AM
11 Second Truck Club

Originally Posted by DJ's99SS
My last set up was not optimal so I'm making a few changes and will be trying the 4 inch "Cobra Head elbow" with better, heavier ducting to the large K&N. Not sure if this will work because the lack of space but giving it a shot. Pic of the elbow and filter set up for my LS2/408/F1.
what is the source for this 4" ID "cobra head"?

Thanks,
Al
Old 07-26-2006, 10:49 AM
11 Second Truck Club

I found it...intakehoses dot com...amazing what you can find when you actually do a search...shoulda done that first...
Old 07-26-2006, 12:25 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Superado
I found it...intakehoses dot com...amazing what you can find when you actually do a search...shoulda done that first...
It's a rubber based material...don't try it. It will more than likely collapse under any decent boost level. I'm trying to have one built similar to this but in aluminum.
Old 07-26-2006, 12:29 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by BlownBird68
Im really interested in that wire reinforced tubing! That would make running my inlet pipe sooo much easier! Anyone has experiance with that stuff?? U guys would laugh if you saw the size K&N air cleaner i have to run, its about the size of your fist and its sucking rite off my headers on a 1st Gen camaro
I've tried a couple diff wire reinforced tubing with no luck...Even the $$ one from ATI...it will collapse on itself at the sharp bend to the inlet of the blower. Only thing I can think of (because of the VERY limited space) is one of the donut things mentined earlier or the Cobra hat set up made of aluminum...thats what I'm going to try next...
Old 07-26-2006, 12:54 PM
11 Second Truck Club

the ATI hat must be a molded piece with metal reinforced inlet and outlet like their truck inlet to TB is...

have you looked at the racing sports akimoto product yet? The description does say 4"OD instead of ID, but it may be worth looking at, I've just never put my hands on any...

>Self-supporting, formable tubing allows air direction to virtually any location or end-use
>Use Patent Pending "Spiral Flow", convoluted tubing for increased airlflow.
>1400-degree F temperature resistant stainless steel construction
>Available with fiberglass-reinforced, chrome finish, metalized polyested insulation
>> Air intake systems
>> Air delivery systems for cold-air boxes
>> Brake air ducting
>> Cockpit air ducting
4" O.D. / 2' Long Tube Kit
4" O.D. / 4' Long Tube Kit
4" O.D. / 2' Long Insulated Tube Kit
4" O.D. / 4' Long Insulated Tube Kit
Attached Thumbnails ProCharger inlet help...-img_spiral01.jpg   ProCharger inlet help...-img_spiral02.jpg  

Last edited by Superado; 07-26-2006 at 01:04 PM.
Old 07-27-2006, 03:37 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just talked to the Indiana vendor for the SFS reinforced hose. 1 meter lengh of 102mm diameter hose is $240 and would take 3 weeks to arrive. Too rich for my blood.
Old 07-27-2006, 03:50 PM
11 Second Truck Club

Originally Posted by Jimmy P
1 meter lengh of 102mm diameter hose is $240 and would take 3 weeks to arrive.
Holy Crap!
Old 07-28-2006, 01:57 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Wow!!! sorry the sfs stuff was so $$ I did not know. I ordered the donut at about 84.00 shipped, I also had to get some straight 4" material. Ya know if the donut hits you can always cut a flat spot alittle past where it hits and weld a piece of plate there, not optimal but better than stock ati.
Old 07-28-2006, 07:53 AM
TECH Fanatic

Wow!!! sorry the sfs stuff was so $$ I did not know. I ordered the donut at about 84.00 shipped, I also had to get some straight 4" material. Ya know if the donut hits you can always cut a flat spot alittle past where it hits and weld a piece of plate there, not optimal but better than stock ati.
Do you have a link for the donut you used??
Old 07-28-2006, 04:56 PM
FormerVendor

I would reccomend using aluminum 4" 90deg bend. We tried it first with a 4" 5ply silicon hose and it sucked shut around 4k rpms. We wrapped wire around it to keep it open and it still sucked shut. Changed to the aluminum and wow, 70hp later it was great.

Quick Reply: ProCharger inlet help...