Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Some Hi-Flo shiznit came in today.... (pics)

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2006, 07:50 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Bill @ Hi-Flo Turbo
after this shipment arrives at your doors everyone will haev radiator supports, downpipes and couplers
When are we going to have ALL the cold side piping? There are missing pipes. Bill what is the status of the pipes and BOV, and WG's????? What do you plan on sending next?
Old 09-08-2006, 04:42 AM
TECH Apprentice

I’ve been reading this thread with a lot of interest being “in the industry” myself and have gone back through some of the old ones and have some thoughts, but was wondering about some details: how many of you are there? I did see something about “the first 20 kits” in one of the other threads, how many total were ordered, how many have been shipped so far? Has anyone (say more then one or 2 people) screwed around with canceling/changing orders after they were placed?

How did you guys pay? FWIW, if it was by credit card, they’re not supposed to bill the card until services are rendered/products are being shipped out, of course, you guys are way past the CC dispute period also. Do they have payment in full (I’m guessing not based on the head unit statements)?

Originally Posted by Pro Stock John
Jeff K - So how about nobody was a sponsor, and anyone could post anything? I think that it would be even more problematic. We do weed out a lot of shops who can't afford to advertise.
Not really, real world you only weed out the vendors that really do have money/don’t need your web site to make sales. You’re not seeing Jegmmit sponsoring sites, neither are the big, specialty vendors like Lingenfelter, SLP, Calloway, Roush, ATI, Kenny bell, Magnussen…. Those that have some clout and able to push suppliers around some to make sure you get their parts when you order them don’t need to advertise somewhere like here.

There is the occasional “decent guy” vendor that doesn’t need to but does sponsor just because they can or because they like to hang out and don’t want to be restricted in what they say about their products on your site, but that is not the majority.

You’re basically guaranteeing that the majority of paying sponsors are either bottom feeders or middle of the road (and I’m only using those terms to make a point, there’s nothing wrong with being a mom and pop type store, and everyone has to start somewhere), that are going to get screwed/screwed up if like 20 people order the same thing all at once. (of course, in that case good business practice is setting a reasonable limit and when you hit that limit you tell customers straight up, “we have all the orders we can handle for that product right now, hopefully we’ll be able to take your order in a week” or whatever…). FWIW, nobody in their right mind would take an order for >20 of anything requiring more then minor fabrication unless they have months of lead time and an agreement/understanding to that effect.

Personally when it comes to this turbo stuff, I would never send more than like $2K up front, and I would only do that credit card. If I did not have some parts by 80 days I would do a chargeback. I would only buy something if I had a written order/receipt. Because it might be needed later for court. A verbal agreement is binding too but a write-up, like a PDF would make the case go faster.
Email is legally “in writing.”

I hate to say it, but depending on what the real situation is, threads like this one and specifically picking on Bill is probably making the situation worse for those of you that “just want your **** and to get on with life…”
Old 09-08-2006, 10:22 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Silverback
I’ve been reading this thread with a lot of interest being “in the industry” myself and have gone back through some of the old ones and have some thoughts, but was wondering about some details: how many of you are there? I did see something about “the first 20 kits” in one of the other threads, how many total were ordered, how many have been shipped so far? Has anyone (say more then one or 2 people) screwed around with canceling/changing orders after they were placed?
I was one of the people trying a charge back. I paid on my debit card, and like you said, by the time I tryed they said its been too long. I'm not really sure how many people there are total. AFAIK only 2 people have "complete" kits, and by complete I mean enough parts to have a running car, because even they are smissing stuff.

How did you guys pay? FWIW, if it was by credit card, they’re not supposed to bill the card until services are rendered/products are being shipped out, of course, you guys are way past the CC dispute period also. Do they have payment in full (I’m guessing not based on the head unit statements)?
We payed 80% up front, most of us with cc.

Not really, real world you only weed out the vendors that really do have money/don’t need your web site to make sales. You’re not seeing Jegmmit sponsoring sites, neither are the big, specialty vendors like Lingenfelter, SLP, Calloway, Roush, ATI, Kenny bell, Magnussen…. Those that have some clout and able to push suppliers around some to make sure you get their parts when you order them don’t need to advertise somewhere like here.
magna charger, slp, and lingenfelter are (or were at one time) sponsors of this site.

There is the occasional “decent guy” vendor that doesn’t need to but does sponsor just because they can or because they like to hang out and don’t want to be restricted in what they say about their products on your site, but that is not the majority.

You’re basically guaranteeing that the majority of paying sponsors are either bottom feeders or middle of the road (and I’m only using those terms to make a point, there’s nothing wrong with being a mom and pop type store, and everyone has to start somewhere), that are going to get screwed/screwed up if like 20 people order the same thing all at once. (of course, in that case good business practice is setting a reasonable limit and when you hit that limit you tell customers straight up, “we have all the orders we can handle for that product right now, hopefully we’ll be able to take your order in a week” or whatever…). FWIW, nobody in their right mind would take an order for >20 of anything requiring more then minor fabrication unless they have months of lead time and an agreement/understanding to that effect.
Is this a joke? Do you have any idea how many sales this site generates for most of the sponsors? Some of the biggest and best LS1 shops in the country sponsor this forum.

Email is legally “in writing.”

I hate to say it, but depending on what the real situation is, threads like this one and specifically picking on Bill is probably making the situation worse for those of you that “just want your **** and to get on with life…”
I know this, and I've kept everything
Old 09-08-2006, 02:07 PM
On The Tree

Bill gave us a used O2 sensor and I passed emissions, so I don't have to worry about my license being suspended now.

I would still like to get the other things I need to correct my car. ECU cover, sticker for the fuse box alongside the driver side fender, passengers side fender repair and passengers side side mirror paint repair. The exhaust still is in 'complete loss' mode right now also.

Bill? Bueller? Bueller?
Old 09-08-2006, 02:43 PM
TECH Fanatic

well, i got my package today. I got my dp, intake elbow, and rad. support. Still no intercooler. I can't say I'm surprised, but it kind of pisses me off. The box had plenty of room in it for the intercooler (again) yet I still don't have one. What's the ******* deal?
Old 09-08-2006, 02:44 PM
TECH Junkie

Bill I thought everyone was gettin intercoolers? What are you guys planning on shipping next and when?
Old 09-08-2006, 03:08 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 1,163 Likes on 756 Posts

He said he had intercoolers, so I don't know whey they were not able to send them out. Glad to hear you got more stuff. "In the 60th week of Xmas, Hi-Flo sent to me... One imported intercooler!" "Some hotsides, some coldsides, two couplers... and a turbo in a month or threeeeeeee"
Old 09-08-2006, 04:22 PM
TECH Fanatic

Yeah, this whole intercooler thing has me boggled. They posted pics of them, but now they are unable to send any out for some reason. After reviewing Zach's post about the time he visited them, he mentioned seeing alot of parts, but no turbos or intercoolers...

https://ls1tech.com/forums/showthrea...ht=camaro+zach
Old 09-08-2006, 04:34 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Maybe they want to take over a full year so their new slogan is "Best turbo kit that takes 12 months to get".
Old 09-08-2006, 04:37 PM
TECH Junkie

"Classic Car Turbo Kits Inc."

Your car may not be a classic now, but order today and it will be when you install.
Old 09-08-2006, 04:41 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Pro Stock John
Maybe they want to take over a full year so their new slogan is "Best turbo kit that takes 12 months to get".
Or maybe they want to wait till Christmas this year, and then say that's what they meant from the beginning
Old 09-08-2006, 04:45 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Bill where is my ****???? No tracking number????????? Why wont you answer me?????????
Old 09-08-2006, 04:48 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by SELLSZ06
Bill where is my ****???? No tracking number????????? Why wont you answer me?????????
Old 09-08-2006, 04:48 PM
TECH Junkie

Are you the one that never gets replies/tracking numbers? Please don't take this the wrong way: I feel you should start mounting a legal effort over anyone else... Along with the dude denied a refund with none of the parts of course.
Old 09-08-2006, 05:17 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I want to I will start to work on that next week, with the help of others and PSJ/admin. I should take a flight down there, I have some family really close to them might as well kill two birds.

Bill Pick up the phone and call today!
Old 09-08-2006, 05:55 PM
TECH Fanatic

I want to I will start to work on that next week, with the help of others and PSJ/admin. I should take a flight down there, I have some family really close to them might as well kill two birds.

Bill Pick up the phone and call today!
are bill and marko's new codenames "birds"
Old 09-08-2006, 06:13 PM
TECH Fanatic

i got my downpipe, radiator support and intake elbow. The box it came in was so big i thought it had the entire kit, but then i remembered the box was from hi-flo.
Old 09-08-2006, 06:21 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 2002/Black/SS
i got my downpipe, radiator support and intake elbow. The box it came in was so big i thought it had the entire kit, but then i remembered the box was from hi-flo.
i thought the same thing, until I picked it up
Old 09-09-2006, 08:53 AM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by 2002/Black/SS
Hey **** forget about all this **** for the weekend and party on your birthday.
Old 09-09-2006, 03:14 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

I'll pray for you guys. I hope that Marko and that group follow through on their obligations to you guys.

Quick Reply: Some Hi-Flo shiznit came in today.... (pics)