Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Aftercooled Vortech LS1. You like it? #'s?

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2006, 01:02 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JL ws-6
That might fix it.. I didn't get specific, but that's prtty much what I was after with the stock intercooler, the inlet/outlet dia. are the issue.

I think that a good lid liek I've seen pic's of floating around that's got the inlet aimed for the blower direction would be a huge help as well, especially if someone were to make a setup that used the larger vette filter, as it would provide less of a resitriction.

A larger aftermarket a2w unit in place of the battery would probably work well too though, one that was designed to fit that location so it optimized the area, and had a good amount of coolant capacity.. and inlet/outlets that were sized the same as a YSI head unit.

Alot of guys think the ATI stuff is better, but I don't think it's the case, not same size for same size units anyway.
a friend of mine had his batt relocated to the rear already so he bought a cell to fit in that area, i believe its a gallon or two, he can fill it up with ice and change it between runs.

the a2w aftercooler plus more cold carrying capacity is what you want for the track. all the fast forced induction cars run a2w.

most likely i will run nitrous on top of my combo, got to get her to do 10.0's before the years end.
Old 08-30-2006, 01:29 PM
9 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would honestly go to a FMIC if I did a YSI. No doubt about it @ all.

Quick Reply: Aftercooled Vortech LS1. You like it? #'s?