Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

ATI inlet hat on and off track results

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2006 | 08:15 AM
EPP
FormerVendor

Weird, we picked up two pounds of boost swapping out the inlet hat and air filter for a larger one while on my Mustang Chassis Dyno. http://www.exoticperformanceplus.com...Car.php?car=27
Maybe it was all in the filter being the major restriction point. Bob
Old 09-10-2006 | 10:04 AM
kp
8 Second Club

Originally Posted by Exotic Performance Plus
Weird, we picked up two pounds of boost swapping out the inlet hat and air filter for a larger one while on my Mustang Chassis Dyno. http://www.exoticperformanceplus.com...Car.php?car=27
Maybe it was all in the filter being the major restriction point. Bob
I dont know Bob, maybe there was a litte belt slip mixed in also. I also swapped to a screen a few weeks ago and the car slowed up a little in the 1/8 and the boost didnt change one bit (SR71 on the board was there and watched me do it). I'm not saying it didnt happen, just it doesnt happen for me.

Believe me if I could pick up 2psi by just taking off the filter and hat I would be the happiest person on earth right now - unfortunately its going to take a bigger blower
Old 09-10-2006 | 12:57 PM
TECH Addict

Strange....We picked up 2psi too by taking the hat off (stock filter) and saw 76rwhp 103rwtq gain on a mustang dyno. Maybe its the filter then. Where can I get the same filter?

The dip in the no filter dyno is due to belt slippage and we had to shut down at 6K or so because of fuel.
Attached Thumbnails ATI inlet hat on and off track results-dyno_feher_003.jpg  
Old 09-10-2006 | 10:48 PM
kp
8 Second Club

Simple test would be to take off just the filter on the dyno and see I guess, I dont really dyno mine ever..

The filter is from S&B, its just a big 4.5 inlet by 12" long. Plus I have a filter on the hole on the bottom where the bypass hose used to go.
Old 09-10-2006 | 11:09 PM
11 Second Club

So what's next? Turbo

You going to wait for cooler weather? Or start a new setup?
Old 09-10-2006 | 11:23 PM
kp
8 Second Club

Originally Posted by sscam68
So what's next? Turbo

You going to wait for cooler weather? Or start a new setup?
I'm just going to leave it, I just pulled the heads for some new gaskets and since I have some room I'll probably go ahead and install the BS3 I have laying here. Just trying to decide if I should get rid of all the stock wiring and do the 'real' race car thing or piggyback it.. I havent driven the car all year on the street really so I may just go ahead try to get some weight off it, its getting a little heavy @ 3470lbs right now
Old 09-11-2006 | 05:37 PM
EPP
FormerVendor

Exclamation

Originally Posted by kp
I'm just going to leave it, I just pulled the heads for some new gaskets and since I have some room I'll probably go ahead and install the BS3 I have laying here. Just trying to decide if I should get rid of all the stock wiring and do the 'real' race car thing or piggyback it.. I havent driven the car all year on the street really so I may just go ahead try to get some weight off it, its getting a little heavy @ 3470lbs right now
For the sake of mankind, you have to leave the ATI ProCharger D-1SC on there, and continue your assault on the 1/4 mile. Bob
Old 09-11-2006 | 05:57 PM
kp
8 Second Club

For the sake of mankind, you have to leave the ATI ProCharger D-1SC on there, and continue your assault on the 1/4 mile. Bob
I think thats about all it will do Bob, maybe the new head gaskets will help a little and I can get a little more accurate fueling with the BS3 and pick up a little. I would say high 9.20s to mid 9.30s in real good air will be about it at the present weight..
Old 09-11-2006 | 08:28 PM
EPP
FormerVendor

Talking

Originally Posted by kp
I think thats about all it will do Bob, maybe the new head gaskets will help a little and I can get a little more accurate fueling with the BS3 and pick up a little. I would say high 9.20s to mid 9.30s in real good air will be about it at the present weight..
Time to dry sump it! lol
Bob
Old 09-11-2006 | 09:21 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by kp
Is that with you in it? And what do you have left to pull?

I've gotten my car to about 3000 with another 55lb coming off in a week or two and maybe another 20 from going with the dynabatt. I dumped the battery relocation and put it up front. That alone shaved another 26lbs from cable and box. I made a stainless one, weighed 14lbs . Hey it was free! I'll be sitting at ~2925 with the K-member, lower A-arms and drag brakes next. I think that should be good for another 80-100lbs. So I should be at a sub 2900 weight, that's without me in it of course At this point I haven't done subframes or a cage. I'm not even going to bother with the 6 point, I know I'm going to be needing a 10. I haven't swiss cheesed the car (or cut anything for that matter) or gutted the wiring, nor do I plan too. I don't feel it's going to be necessary.

I'm just curious how you got to that weight, especially with all the lightweight stuff.
Old 09-11-2006 | 10:00 PM
kp
8 Second Club

Time to dry sump it! lol
Bob
Not dumping another 3K into this thing, matter of fact I may back it down a little. 9.80 or 9.40 whats the difference really
Old 09-11-2006 | 10:10 PM
kp
8 Second Club

Originally Posted by sscam68
Is that with you in it? And what do you have left to pull?

I've gotten my car to about 3000 with another 55lb coming off in a week or two and maybe another 20 from going with the dynabatt. I dumped the battery relocation and put it up front. That alone shaved another 26lbs from cable and box. I made a stainless one, weighed 14lbs . Hey it was free! I'll be sitting at ~2925 with the K-member, lower A-arms and drag brakes next. I think that should be good for another 80-100lbs. So I should be at a sub 2900 weight, that's without me in it of course At this point I haven't done subframes or a cage. I'm not even going to bother with the 6 point, I know I'm going to be needing a 10. I haven't swiss cheesed the car (or cut anything for that matter) or gutted the wiring, nor do I plan too. I don't feel it's going to be necessary.

I'm just curious how you got to that weight, especially with all the lightweight stuff.
Thats with me in it, I'm 230lbs. I still have stock front lower a-arms, power steering, power brakes, 90% of the factory wiring, TH400 with an ultrabell, trans blanket, heavy driveshaft, heavy torque arm, heavy Spohn rear drag sway bar, all the interior is still in it pretty much except for seats, battery box/optima and cables weighed 60lbs more then the light battery.

I still have most of the front bumper support, rear bumper support, steel ATI bracket, I have to run at least 8 gallons of fuel in this tank, big pump, steel braided lines, I run tubes in the slicks, upper PHB is still there etc etc. Its no super lightweight although its lighter then most FI cars. I leave the bumper supports, stock control arms and stuff on the car since I still drive it around a little here and there, plus its just a little safer with that stuff in there IMO.
Old 09-12-2006 | 08:49 AM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

don't lie, that photo you posted looks like the result of a nitrous backfire.

(conspiracy, haha)
Old 09-12-2006 | 10:05 AM
LS1Tech Co-Founder
20 Year Member

Oh he's not like that. He's not Sneaky, Pete.
Old 09-12-2006 | 11:38 AM
kp
8 Second Club

heh, if I sprayed this thing and it stayed together it would be well in the 8s Dont think a 150 shot on a direct port hasnt crossed my mind..
Old 09-12-2006 | 12:37 PM
TECH Addict

I wonder if you swapped less back pressure (gain) for hotter intake air (loss) and the effect of each canceled out?
Old 09-12-2006 | 03:27 PM
kp
8 Second Club

Originally Posted by FastKat
I wonder if you swapped less back pressure (gain) for hotter intake air (loss) and the effect of each canceled out?
It was only a couple degrees warmer until the car got moving since the inlet is right by the radiator. I log boost every pass and if you didnt know the filter was off it you couldnt tell by looking at the boost per rpm..
Old 09-12-2006 | 03:40 PM
7 Second Club

Originally Posted by kp
heh, if I sprayed this thing and it stayed together it would be well in the 8s Dont think a 150 shot on a direct port hasnt crossed my mind..
thats what im talkin' about! spray that bitch hard into the 8's put some 28's and 30 pills in her!
Old 09-12-2006 | 04:08 PM
TECH Senior Member

Yeah Frank(sscam68) doesn't realize that when you start upgrading suspension components, adding subframe connectors, adding a roll cage(10pt) a supercharger kit ~80-100lbs, and your weight that it does add up.

Right now his car is a stripped stocker with no added safety equipment. Stock suspended, stock 5lb torque arm, no a/c, no heat, no seats, gutted interior, and without his heavy *** in the car My car goes like 2 seconds slower with him riding shotgun...he's that heavy Just ribbing you frank...why doubt on Kev? Man first the guys in the PCM section and now here

J
Old 09-12-2006 | 06:45 PM
kp
8 Second Club

Originally Posted by frcefed98
Yeah Frank(sscam68) doesn't realize that when you start upgrading suspension components, adding subframe connectors, adding a roll cage(10pt) a supercharger kit ~80-100lbs, and your weight that it does add up.

Right now his car is a stripped stocker with no added safety equipment. Stock suspended, stock 5lb torque arm, no a/c, no heat, no seats, gutted interior, and without his heavy *** in the car My car goes like 2 seconds slower with him riding shotgun...he's that heavy Just ribbing you frank...why doubt on Kev? Man first the guys in the PCM section and now here

J
Who knows, guess you have to be on a cover of a car magazine or something before anyone believes you around here lol.

Quick Reply: ATI inlet hat on and off track results