Old 10-30-2006, 05:07 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Tuff Crowd
Old 10-31-2006, 08:25 AM
FormerVendor

Welcome to the site '02 T/A,
Feel free to PM or call me, and I would be happy to answer your questions regarding the roots blower install and internal specs on your LS1.

Don't take any of the criticism personally, members here get asked the same questions over and over, so they get a little tired of answering. You can usually find answers to any questions you have by doing a quick search, and spending a couple minuetes reading. You might not find your exact question, but you can usually read a few different posts and get the information you need.

Let me know if I can help,
Ed
Old 10-31-2006, 04:38 PM
Teching In

Sorry, I am quite a n00b in this subject, but what exactly does the cowl do and why don't people want to cut it or completely remove it?
Old 10-31-2006, 06:06 PM
TECH Resident

the cowl in question is where the windshield meets the hood. The windshield hangs over the engine. This makes a cowl or covering that has some support (plastic/metal framing) that needs to be cut away at to clear the charger. Some of the hood might have to be trimmed also on the underside depending on the dimensions of the charger I suppose.
Old 10-31-2006, 06:32 PM
Teching In

So If say a machinist fabbed up a metal piece out of a thick piece of steel, it could be used in the place of the cowl?
Old 10-31-2006, 08:11 PM
TECH Resident

if you cut out a section of the cowl right above where the charger would sit and fabbed up a bridge ( __/-----\__ ) <-- kinda like that and welded it in its place then you could gain a few inches of room. I'm not sure how much room exactly. Ed would probably be your best resource on a project like this since he's workin on a kit just like it.

I'm hoping they try fitting a KB unit in there next.
Old 10-31-2006, 10:22 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by dementia
if you cut out a section of the cowl right above where the charger would sit and fabbed up a bridge ( __/-----\__ ) <-- kinda like that and welded it in its place then you could gain a few inches of room. I'm not sure how much room exactly. Ed would probably be your best resource on a project like this since he's workin on a kit just like it.

I'm hoping they try fitting a KB unit in there next.

Dementia is right(although I have no idea how you drew that diagram with the buttons on your keyboard )

It's really not that big of a deal, but some owners really prefer not to do any cutting, or permanent mods to their car.

Let me know if I can answer any questions,
Ed

Search this Thread